User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLexx View Post
    How do folks go about changing out all the rubber hose? Some of it runs behind the shower and into other areas where it would seem are impossible to reach. How'd you guys accomplish this?
    I’ve seen someone crimp the new pex to the flexible hose and pull it through that way as long as there isn’t anything securing the hose to the floor along the way.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLexx View Post
    How do folks go about changing out all the rubber hose? Some of it runs behind the shower and into other areas where it would seem are impossible to reach. How'd you guys accomplish this?
    For behind the shower I removed the faucets in the shower and guided new sections of pex down behind the wall. My rubber hose was zip tied to the black tank flush vacuum breaker so I just “abandoned” it and left it in place. I didn’t replace the rubber hose that went to the black tank flush.
    2013 Ram Cummins 3500
    2019 GD 303RLS-SOLD

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Msites106 View Post
    I’ve seen someone crimp the new pex to the flexible hose and pull it through that way as long as there isn’t anything securing the hose to the floor along the way.
    I was thinking about this very thing! Nice trick!
    2017 Ford F450 - our kids call her "Big Red"
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 28bh

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justa5th View Post
    For behind the shower I removed the faucets in the shower and guided new sections of pex down behind the wall. My rubber hose was zip tied to the black tank flush vacuum breaker so I just “abandoned” it and left it in place. I didn’t replace the rubber hose that went to the black tank flush.
    Hmmm, I'm going to have to explore this. Our rubber hose has not leaked so far but I'd feel a whole lot better if we had real PEX most of the way through with the proper fittings. It would also allow me to install a higher pressure onboard water pump.
    2017 Ford F450 - our kids call her "Big Red"
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 28bh

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12