User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

12V plugs to replace USB

Does anyone have any idea if there is a 12V wall socket that has the same mounting size as the USB ports? I have a 2021 Transcend 261BH and it has no 12V sockets, just USB ports. When I took them out to take a look at the wiring, they're barrel shaped on the back like they were intended as some kind of direct fit for what was a 12V socket before. But I haven't been able to find a 12V wall socket with the same screw pattern.

Anybody have an idea of where I might find that? I can work around it if necessary, but a direct fit would be easier and cleaner.
    Current: 2021 Transcend 261BH, 2019 Ford F250 SRW SWB CC 6.2 - Picture
    Previous: 2016 Jayco X213, 2014 F150 EB 3.5

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rootusrootus View Post
    Does anyone have any idea if there is a 12V wall socket that has the same mounting size as the USB ports? I have a 2021 Transcend 261BH and it has no 12V sockets, just USB ports. When I took them out to take a look at the wiring, they're barrel shaped on the back like they were intended as some kind of direct fit for what was a 12V socket before. But I haven't been able to find a 12V wall socket with the same screw pattern.

Anybody have an idea of where I might find that? I can work around it if necessary, but a direct fit would be easier and cleaner.
    I'm doing the same do we can run our CPAPs when we are boondocking.

It only has 12V input. There is a white one on Amazon the shows the back, dimensions, and the wire.

You will need to open the hole up a little more though. It's a standard outlet size.
    https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B0814BT6...7YC3SMSYBQH68N

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, that's my backup plan if I can't find what used to be used in these trailers before GD switched it to USB. As you say, just need to make the hole a little bigger.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The USB ports are a Sigma SP0192-15-A0312.

https://buy.wesco.com/Data-Communica.../78843610150-1

This has not led me to find a 12V socket version of the same, so I'm going to have to go with the Magnadyne, I guess. It gets mediocre reviews.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The USB ports are a Sigma SP0192-15-A0312.

https://buy.wesco.com/Data-Communica.../78843610150-1

This has not led me to find a 12V socket version of the same, so I'm going to have to go with the Magnadyne, I guess. It gets mediocre reviews.
    Well, considering you will not be using the USB ports (neither will we), I don't think it's going to be that big of a deal.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Something like this might suit you. https://www.amazon.com/Linkstyle-Cha...dp/B07JHH5YP4/

Each space can be filled with your choice of device; switch, usb, 12v, meter, light, etc. There are 1-4 hole plates an maybe 6 hole.
    Rick

2019 Reflection 150 273MK
    2015 Ford F350 CC SB Lariat Powerstroke
    PullRite Superglide

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonShadow_1911 View Post
    Well, considering you will not be using the USB ports (neither will we), I don't think it's going to be that big of a deal.

The irony is that most of the time I will be using USB ports, just better ones than the terrible little 1.2A ports that come from GD. Those won't even charge my kids' iPad minis. Heck, one of the ports next to the bunks was nonfunctional when we got the trailer, and the other port was really loose (but did charge my phone). So that socket will just get a decent dual port USB charger stuck into it that can flow enough power to charge an iPad. The one up in the bedroom is slightly more complicated, because I want to charge my phone, watch, and run the CPAP. Though the low power USB ports on the Magnadyne are probably sufficient for my phone and watch.

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One other thing to consider, make sure the wire that is feeding the existing USB port is going to be larger enough to handle the load that you will be putting on the new socket. I have no idea what size wire they use for those, but it certainly needs to be considered.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xrated View Post
    One other thing to consider, make sure the wire that is feeding the existing USB port is going to be larger enough to handle the load that you will be putting on the new socket. I have no idea what size wire they use for those, but it certainly needs to be considered.
    Since this is in the bedroom, I'm just going to use the existing wire to pull (okay, try to) 12 GA wire for the socket. For that run, 12 GA is enough for both the CPAPs. I've done my calculations on that already. I REALLY don't want to wake up to a fire.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The irony is that most of the time I will be using USB ports, just better ones than the terrible little 1.2A ports that come from GD. Those won't even charge my kids' iPad minis. Heck, one of the ports next to the bunks was nonfunctional when we got the trailer, and the other port was really loose (but did charge my phone). So that socket will just get a decent dual port USB charger stuck into it that can flow enough power to charge an iPad. The one up in the bedroom is slightly more complicated, because I want to charge my phone, watch, and run the CPAP. Though the low power USB ports on the Magnadyne are probably sufficient for my phone and watch.
    Ah, okay, I assumed... Sorry about making an a55 of you and me... [emoji16]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast