User Tag List

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Under cabinet light melting

The other night the LED over the sink started to smell like burning plastic. It became hot to the touch so we turned it off. I removed it and saw that the inside was starting to melt. Has anybody heard of this before? It is a Intertek Facon model DDSO1-608.
    2019 2500RL Imagine

Rolling Along
    Whatever state the landing gear sits upon (Texas c
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sail96 View Post
    The other night the LED over the sink started to smell like burning plastic. It became hot to the touch so we turned it off. I removed it and saw that the inside was starting to melt. Has anybody heard of this before? It is a Intertek Facon model DDSO1-608.
    2019 2500RL Imagine
    Not had this issue but LEDs are by nature low heat vs standard bulbs. So for this to happen, there was a wiring short somewhere. Could be just an internally defective bulb so replace the light but also check for wiring issues up to the bulb from source just to be safe.

Newly full timing in our 2021 Momentum 395MS-R with our tow pig being a 2021 F-450 KR

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am an anti-Facon crusader. We had just about every Facon puck light in our 2020 Solitude fail within the first nine months or so (as did one of my "forum friends" on this forum). They are junk, IMHO. I replaced all of ours with this brand:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Haven't had an issue since. As @A.Texas.Yankee said, likely an internal circuit or semiconductor failure.

BTW - you can create a signature block with your RV and tow vehicle information (see mine below). That way you won't have to repeat that information whenever you post or ask a question. You can create a signature by going to:

Forum Actions (on menu bar) -> Edit Profile -> Edit Signature (under My Settings on the left)

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    I am an anti-Facon crusader. We had just about every Facon puck light in our 2020 Solitude fail within the first nine months or so (as did one of my "forum friends" on this forum). They are junk, IMHO. I replaced all of ours with this brand:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Haven't had an issue since. As @A.Texas.Yankee said, likely an internal circuit or semiconductor failure.

BTW - you can create a signature block with your RV and tow vehicle information (see mine below). That way you won't have to repeat that information whenever you post or ask a question. You can create a signature by going to:

Forum Actions (on menu bar) -> Edit Profile -> Edit Signature (under My Settings on the left)

Rob
    Thanks Rob, I went with your suggestion and received the lights today.
    Glenn, Linda and King George of Willowview
    2019 Imagine 2500RL
    2023 chevy Silverado 2500 custom
    Micro air Easy start
    175 AH Lifepo4 Big Battery w Aili battery monitor
    TST 507

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had my rig since March. One of the lights in the pass through and a puck light in the bedroom has failed.
    Rob, thanks for the link to the lights.
    2010 Jayco 26(SOLD)
    2011 Keystone Outback 277RL(SOLD)
    2021 Grand Design 268BH
    2013 Ford F250 XLT, 6.2L Gas