User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is all really good input. Thank you!
    I am going to call GD and I'm going to look for the Furrion thermostat.

I NEED A/C. I am 20 minutes north of Boston and my central air has been running for 4 days non-stop. Yesterday had a real feel of 102!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm looking into a thermostat. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by ckreef View Post
    The dorm fridge is a good idea. Also a large 7 day cooler would work in a pinch.

If the AC is really just a thermostat I'm guessing you could source one and get that shipped overnight if need be. Can't be too hard replacing a thermostat.

I'm with you on the lack of communication. Almost makes you wish you didn't call and just showed up at the dealer ready to pick up the camper.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orbsah View Post
    Depending on the site you have booked, I likely wouldn't delay a trip to the white mountains due to lack of AC. A lot of the places up there have plenty of shade. Couple that w/ a fan or two and you should be OK. If you were heading out west, that'd be a different story.

Of more concern would be if you can even get your rig out of the dealership and/or what condition is it in right now? Is it all taken apart and just set aside waiting for parts? Good luck!
    Well, southern NH highs are in the low 60s for the next few days. You may not even need AC up north. Extended forecast for Franconia for example (if you believe in their accuracy) shows lows in the 50s and high 40s and highs mostly in the 70s with an occasional low 80 for July.

Just a caution, not sure of the status up north, but the major food chains in southern NH are very spotty on lack of stock, like bread, chicken, deli meats, gatorade type drinks. A lot of extra folks here - I'm told that Winnipesaukee had 19,000 new boat registrations this year over and above renewals.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you all of this information!

Quote Originally Posted by ajg617 View Post
    Well, southern NH highs are in the low 60s for the next few days. You may not even need AC up north. Extended forecast for Franconia for example (if you believe in their accuracy) shows lows in the 50s and high 40s and highs mostly in the 70s with an occasional low 80 for July.

Just a caution, not sure of the status up north, but the major food chains in southern NH are very spotty on lack of stock, like bread, chicken, deli meats, gatorade type drinks. A lot of extra folks here - I'm told that Winnipesaukee had 19,000 new boat registrations this year over and above renewals.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for your input.
    My site does have shade. But, I have also been to this same campground over the years and have appreciated my A/C. I don't handle humidity well.

You raise a good point re: the condition of the trailer. I will definitely check on that when I speak to the dealer again tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by orbsah View Post
    Depending on the site you have booked, I likely wouldn't delay a trip to the white mountains due to lack of AC. A lot of the places up there have plenty of shade. Couple that w/ a fan or two and you should be OK. If you were heading out west, that'd be a different story.

Of more concern would be if you can even get your rig out of the dealership and/or what condition is it in right now? Is it all taken apart and just set aside waiting for parts? Good luck!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lane Hog View Post
    Welcome to RV ownership. Loaners don't exist.

If the trip cant be rescheduled, innovate.

Find a small dorm or office fridge at Costco or Sam's that will be good enough (assuming you have hookups) for the trip and repurpose it later. We never have enough fridge space at home as it is.

AC is nice, but fans worked wonders when we were younger and AC didn't exist yet... or find a way to replace the thermostat yourself.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    We have a dorm fridge. We always bring it as an extra. It won't be enough with 4 adults for 2 weeks. Our friends have taken vacation time to come with us.

I agree that fans worked when I was younger. But, now I'm a cranky older woman who hates heat and humidity!

Thanks for your input.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sure I'm a little bias (had a mobile RV business for over 15 years), but this scenario is exactly why I tell people to use mobile RV techs, you will have to pay the mobile fee even if it's waranty - well worth the cost rather than losing your rig for months. Just need to make sure the mobile company is an authorized dealer for the product of concern i.e. in this case the AC manufacturer for the thermostat...

Now granted in this case with the fridge there is a huge backlog right now on fridges so going mobile probably would not help...

Taking warranty work or any work back to the dealer is such a nightmare.....

Mark
    2014 HDT Volvo 780 "Baby Bird"
    2016 Smart Car "Baby Bird Turd" - on the back
    2020 Momentum 376THS
    We're both proud USAF Retirees...

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RV Tech View Post
    Sure I'm a little bias (had a mobile RV business for over 15 years), but this scenario is exactly why I tell people to use mobile RV techs, you will have to pay the mobile fee even if it's waranty - well worth the cost rather than losing your rig for months. Just need to make sure the mobile company is an authorized dealer for the product of concern i.e. in this case the AC manufacturer for the thermostat...

Now granted in this case with the fridge there is a huge backlog right now on fridges so going mobile probably would not help...

Mark
    A friend also has his own mobile tech operation and he and his two tech are solidly booked, Monday through Saturday, THROUGH September! He shared that he has 87 open tickets waiting on parts that have no ETA available. He's been trying to hire since last year as well. These are crazy times!
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RV Tech View Post

Mark
    Thank you Mark!

We have used mobile services before (with our old RV); even while the RV was parked at our house! It's been great!
    Given that this was warranty work, I figured we have no other choice. Not to mentioned the fridge and A/C were only 2 of 15 items that needed to be addressed!

But, your reply is helpful. I was just told that the dealer replaced the fuse in the fridge so it is functioning, for now. It will die again. That is why they ordered us a new one. Since I don't know when it might die again, I'm now wondering if it does while we are up north, if we can get someone to come to the campground and replace the fuse again to see if it keeps us running.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    A friend also has his own mobile tech operation and he and his two tech are solidly booked, Monday through Saturday, THROUGH September! He shared that he has 87 open tickets waiting on parts that have no ETA available. He's been trying to hire since last year as well. These are crazy times!
    Good to know. Thank you.

I am trying to be patient given all that COVID has impacted. I am experiencing delays and high costs for a kitchen repair in my home. I guess I just wish there had been better customer service from the dealer. I am wondering if they pulled out all stops to try to make us happy customers. It doesn't really feel like it.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast