User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Good Bye

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is a lot of issues in a short time, you don’t mention what year it is but even if the unit is five years old that’s still a lot to deal with.

I’ll echo what others have said before, the 2500, 2600 and 2800 series have suffered from undersize axles and springs. The last two have been corrected at some point but there are still units on the road with the wrong parts.

The last time I checked used 2500RL prices on RV trader I could tell immediately that two of the three units for sale had bent/sagged rear axles. Once it’s affected you it’s easy to spot.

My rear axle sagged and my springs were flat after one year. Most of our trips were 4-7 days and traveling with empty tanks other than five gallons in the black.

Got new axles and springs at the end of last season(warranty) and I can already see the new springs going flat. I installed sumosprings two weeks ago and I can tell a difference. The tires have contacted the floor previously.

Your heater and slide issues seem to be the exception as I haven’t read much issues with those. I would recommend a second opinion on the slide because that price seems quite high for four aluminum rails, two basic electric motors and a control board.

I wish you guys the best of luck and safe travels.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Simply stating our frustration and reality of spending a lot of money repairing items that I don't think normally should wear out/break so soon. We have done this for a long time, and these issues are a first for us. Onward to other adventures

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    For forever?

They get their components from companies that supply the entire industry. I don’t understand how you think they can control “quality”

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    Yes they get their parts out of the RV industry parts bin like all the rest do but they don't have to pic the cheaper undersized parts. With the exception of standardized parts like fridges, AC's, water heater's, etc there are good choice and bad choices out there. Choosing axles and springs that barely meet the TT's requirements is not a good choice regardless of how well made those axles and springs are.
    Same with the frame. Having additional spring hanger supports welded in is a choice the Manufacture decides on when negotiating with Lippert.
    And the same goes for installation. Even the best parts can be installed incorrectly.
    The easiest way for an RV manufacture to make money is to use the least expensive parts and sell the RV for the same price as your competitor.
    Wages are pretty well set in Indiana so parts and the construction process are the only two areas where you can determine profit.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for yoour input. Imagine is a 2018 model. One thing we are doing is replace all rails & motors hoping this issue never comes up again for whoever ends up with this rig

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    For forever?

They get their components from companies that supply the entire industry. I don’t understand how you think they can control “quality”

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    I said they are responsible for the quality. Please do not misquote me.

I worked as an engineer in the automotive manufacturing business for almost 40 years. We bought a lot of components and materials and we were responsible for it all. It was up to us to manage it properly or find alternate sources.
    GD has that same responsibility.
    Jay Leonard
    New Port Richey, Fl
    2022 Imagine 2600 RB, 2021 Ram 2500 CC Bighorn 6.7L Cummins

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good Bye

Quote Originally Posted by jleonard View Post
    I said they are responsible for the quality. Please do not misquote me.

I worked as an engineer in the automotive manufacturing business for almost 40 years. We bought a lot of components and materials and we were responsible for it all. It was up to us to manage it properly or find alternate sources.
    GD has that same responsibility.
    Lol
    Where did I mis quote you

I asked “forever”?

This rig is well past warranty

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lane Hog View Post
    Sounds like most of the issues were components from other suppliers... slideout, tires, axles, heater... only the wiring is something I'd blame on GD.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    Am I wrong in the thought that Grand Design chose these vendors and comonents to install in a trailer they built? At the end of the day it's Grand Design on the front face of the trailer.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe I too would be fed up at the point you are. In fact I'm close. Upgrades, maintenance and upkeep are one thing complete failure is another. To have to spend that kind of money and get no enjoyment, in fact misery at the thought is a hard way to cope.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked ace View Post
    Am I wrong in the thought that Grand Design chose these vendors and comonents to install in a trailer they built? At the end of the day it's Grand Design on the front face of the trailer.
    And I am sure if it was under warranty Grand Design would step up
    You expect more?

All I see from this post is a slide that failed after 3 plus years of use.
    Should it? It happens
    I believe the quote is outlandish and I bet could be done for a third of that

But if they think they will have better luck it’s another brand goodluck. They all use the same stuff

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think there is really ANY manufacturer of ANY of RV that doesn't have problems. I live in a community with every kind of make and probably every manufacturer. Although most are motorized. None-the-less they ALL have issues.

I'm not even sure that the more expensive RVs have any fewer problems than the more expensive ones.

In the end it is the manufacturer that chooses all the items that go into an RV. So if they choose a less expensive one, or one made cheaper, or one of just enough quality/expense to get by, then it the manufacturer of the RV that is "on the hook".

So I don't blame the component maker if something fails and there were better options, it was that builder/manufacturer that made that decision.

oh - it was MY decision to purchase or not purchase the particular RV I bought.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast