User Tag List

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Keebler View Post
    Would something like this add value? https://www.amazon.com/WirthCo-20081...s%2C185&sr=8-2
    This is what I use. Works great and keeps dirt out of plug when it gets dropped to the ground.
    Kevin and Jennifer
    2016 RAM 3500 Laramie Mega Cab CTD Aisin 4x4 SRW
    2019 Reflection 28BH (Built 2/2019)
    - 78" Theater Seat, Second AC, Dual Pane Windows
    - Sailun 235/85 R16 Tires
    Blue Ox Super Ride BXR7200 with a Demco Factory Prep Bracket 6099

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    I didn’t see one comment in this thread getting “defensive”

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    Neither did I.

I'd be curious to know how much experience the OP has with fifth wheels. It's not difficult to wind up in a situation where you've left too little slack in your 7-wire for making sharp turns, especially if you don't have an outlet in the bed by the hitch.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lane Hog View Post
    Neither did I.
    It happens all over this forum, in any thread with someone describing a problem. Within a few replies someone has to chime in and say "well, mine is perfectly fine!" for no particular reason.

I'd be curious to know how much experience the OP has with fifth wheels. It's not difficult to wind up in a situation where you've left too little slack in your 7-wire for making sharp turns, especially if you don't have an outlet in the bed by the hitch.
    Of course, the very next thing is to suggest that the OP is lying, ignorant, careless, whatever . Which could all be true, but my point is this is plausibly a reason why they haven't left any more comments.

Grouchy old farts on every RV forum, LOL.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    I'm a huge fan of people NOT looking for internet forums to make their first posts a bitch session.

Everything made sucks at one time or another, but to make your first or second post a gripe and then say "to serve as documentary evidence "....?

And I do understand that 99% of internet forums are composed of people that complain about what they have.

This is generally not one of those...
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rootusrootus View Post
    It happens all over this forum, in any thread with someone describing a problem. Within a few replies someone has to chime in and say "well, mine is perfectly fine!" for no particular reason.

Of course, the very next thing is to suggest that the OP is lying, ignorant, careless, whatever . Which could all be true, but my point is this is plausibly a reason why they haven't left any more comments.

Grouchy old farts on every RV forum, LOL.
    I’m pretty new to this Forum. I don’t post a ton. I am an experienced RVer, but I learn something new on this Forum almost every visit - and I prefer it more than others and more often than not, precisely because this Forum is typically not a non-stop gripe session. Almost all of the folks that post regularly here are truly helpful and want others to enjoy their experience with their Grand Design product. Why would anyone want to participate / patronize a board full of complaining malcontents? (I know - misery loves company…) We’re all Grand Design owners by choice, with very minor exceptions. While I have had my share of new trailer woes and stresses - Grand Design has been very responsive, cooperative and fair with us. THAT is the reputation I bought into. And that is why I joined and enjoy this Forum.

ALL RVs are going to have any variety of issues. If you are going to own one, just accept it. Pretty much it’s a house that bounces down the road at 70 mph. We all know the industry can probably ramp up attention to detail and quality in every aspect and component. We have all learned hard lessons about ownership, care, and our own failures with these rigs.

I’m not a genius (my wife reminds me all the time), but it was fairly obvious from the start that the OPs objective was to pressure / leverage GD into resolving this concern in his favor. He was angry and upset and was shouting from the rooftops. This is the wrong place for that kind of conduct. Perhaps Facebook , Instagram, Etc have become the domains of constant complaining and insulting, but that is not why I am here. It was also fairly obvious that the damage to the harness that caused this fire had not resulted in such until after the rig made it to the dealer, and made it home under the OPs own tow. Then he did not have a fire until after he pulled it again. That doesn’t mean that it isn’t possible that someone at GD did not properly secure the trailer wiring and it just took some time to show up - but it seems that a proficient inspector would have cited evidence of such and factored that into their findings (missing fastener, strain relief broken, etc.) The best advice offered here was to leave it to your insurance company to settle your claim, get you back in business and take up any issues with GD. The resulting post here indicates that maybe the insurance company did not find enough reason to question the inspection conclusion. And that would be very stressful and perhaps manifest itself in some poor choices. That’s how I saw it anyway. I also think the OP has taken the good advice to stop airing dirty laundry without evidence. And rightfully so.

There are some regular posters in this Forum that are obviously experienced, knowledgeable RVers - but they seem to live for slamming everything GD. I am sorry for these unhappy owners. But go somewhere else with the negativity and snide comments. Life is too short. Let’s all be happy that no one was physically harmed in this episode. And really - if you can’t be a satisfied GD owner, please consider selling or trading and let’s enjoy our exchanges here - even when real issues are shared and discussed.
    Home is where you park it!
    2021 Solitude 380FL
    2014 Silverado 3500HD LTZ DRW 6.6L Duramax Allison 6 Speed
    RVing since 1996; Full Time since 2018

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rootusrootus View Post
    It happens all over this forum, in any thread with someone describing a problem.
    I think it depends on what people post and how they describe their issue. When the title of somebody's first post is "SAFETY WARNING!!!!" and then they go on to describe something that many experienced RV's wouldn't consider a safety issue, folks may get defensive because a newbie could read the thread and be misled.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grammy&Grandad View Post
    I’m pretty new to this Forum. I don’t post a ton. I am an experienced RVer, but I learn something new on this Forum almost every visit - and I prefer it more than others and more often than not, precisely because this Forum is typically not a non-stop gripe session. Almost all of the folks that post regularly here are truly helpful and want others to enjoy their experience with their Grand Design product. Why would anyone want to participate / patronize a board full of complaining malcontents? (I know - misery loves company…) We’re all Grand Design owners by choice, with very minor exceptions. While I have had my share of new trailer woes and stresses - Grand Design has been very responsive, cooperative and fair with us. THAT is the reputation I bought into. And that is why I joined and enjoy this Forum.

ALL RVs are going to have any variety of issues. If you are going to own one, just accept it. Pretty much it’s a house that bounces down the road at 70 mph. We all know the industry can probably ramp up attention to detail and quality in every aspect and component. We have all learned hard lessons about ownership, care, and our own failures with these rigs.

I’m not a genius (my wife reminds me all the time), but it was fairly obvious from the start that the OPs objective was to pressure / leverage GD into resolving this concern in his favor. He was angry and upset and was shouting from the rooftops. This is the wrong place for that kind of conduct. Perhaps Facebook , Instagram, Etc have become the domains of constant complaining and insulting, but that is not why I am here. It was also fairly obvious that the damage to the harness that caused this fire had not resulted in such until after the rig made it to the dealer, and made it home under the OPs own tow. Then he did not have a fire until after he pulled it again. That doesn’t mean that it isn’t possible that someone at GD did not properly secure the trailer wiring and it just took some time to show up - but it seems that a proficient inspector would have cited evidence of such and factored that into their findings (missing fastener, strain relief broken, etc.) The best advice offered here was to leave it to your insurance company to settle your claim, get you back in business and take up any issues with GD. The resulting post here indicates that maybe the insurance company did not find enough reason to question the inspection conclusion. And that would be very stressful and perhaps manifest itself in some poor choices. That’s how I saw it anyway. I also think the OP has taken the good advice to stop airing dirty laundry without evidence. And rightfully so.

There are some regular posters in this Forum that are obviously experienced, knowledgeable RVers - but they seem to live for slamming everything GD. I am sorry for these unhappy owners. But go somewhere else with the negativity and snide comments. Life is too short. Let’s all be happy that no one was physically harmed in this episode. And really - if you can’t be a satisfied GD owner, please consider selling or trading and let’s enjoy our exchanges here - even when real issues are shared and discussed.
    You get today's perfect post award!
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grammy&Grandad View Post
    But go somewhere else with the negativity and snide comments. Life is too short. Let’s all be happy that no one was physically harmed in this episode. And really - if you can’t be a satisfied GD owner, please consider selling or trading and let’s enjoy our exchanges here - even when real issues are shared and discussed.
    Wow! Just ... wow!
    Current: 2021 Transcend 261BH, 2019 Ford F250 SRW SWB CC 6.2 - Picture
    Previous: 2016 Jayco X213, 2014 F150 EB 3.5

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The wagons have circled yet again.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a new GD owner myself and with a new 2021 Solitude 380FL, I understand the OP's concern. However I did not like the fact that this was called out as a safety warning for a Solitude 380FL. I became concerned myself because of the post. This particular issue as a safety warning has nothing to do with the 380FL and quite frankly not even GD, and has everything to do with any RV that has a pigtail and wiring that could potentially cause a fire if pulled from its harness. Yes I checked mine and all is well.
    New: 2021 Solitude 380FL
    Prior: 2016 Alpine 3600RS
    Tow: 2017 F350 Diesel Dually

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast