User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bilstein Shocks

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerscol View Post
    Well I have a full set of B6 4600 on order. They don't make a 5100 for the front of my truck.
    Unless you plan to lift the truck there is no need for 5100s on the front. I'm Ford and most I read about on the forums do the 5100 front and rear either for looks, level or a combination of both. I did raise my front 3/4" using the first setting because the rake I had left me feeling as if I was constantly going down hill.
    The 4600 are the same valving in a different package and a bit more left in the wallet.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I replaced all the shocks on my truck in early May, best price I could find for the entire set of 5100s for my F350 was on Amazon. $285.36 plus tax. Grabbed the matching steering damper a couple of weeks later for $89.25 plus tax. Again on Amazon.
    Last edited by dannysdaddy; 06-25-2020 at 04:23 PM.
    Dave & Becky
    Always camping with the K9s. The boys are grown and rarely join us anymore.
    Colorado Springs, CO
    2016 Reflection 313RLTS
    2012 Ford F350 Lariat CCLB 6.7L PSD
    (now retired) Mildly massaged 2002 Ford Excursion 7.3L PSD

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Update
    Just got them put on (COVID delay) and i really like them. Installer was very confused, tried to install front boot up, but for my truck boot goes down. If the Bilstein lettering is correct the orientation is correct.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    I just put Rancho 9000XLs on. I'm still playing with the settings but so far like them. I wanted the adjustability. So far I decided the lowest setting was too low; I have them at 25% now and they did good. I'm going to try 50% next - all this without towing yet. when I tow I'm going to definitely set the front on the highest setting to see what happens to the chucking and proposing.

oh - the porpoising.... gone at the 25% setting with a light load - love it!
    Larry, I will be installing the 9000xl on my F350 next month. When not towing, what setting do you find works best? When towing I was thinking 8 in back and 8 on front? What do you set yours at?
    Vivian
    2018 Reflection 303rls
    2018 Ford F-350 SRW Diesel

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When towing I set mine on the max. I think that is 9.

When not towing I set them at either half way or one click lower.

I found that at the lowest setting I get a bit too much bounce (not enough shock absorption).

So far, so good on our travels. I just find I get lazy once disconnected and don't change them. I only reset them once I get back home.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you so much. I will start with 5 on both and then switch to 9 as you do for towing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12