User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    Okay, great, great those look good, I have been doing a lot of search online and as soon as I decide which one I want I will go and buy one.

Now when you put the cover up from what I understand that you can’t drive over 45 mph with the cover in the up position is that right?

I have bought Bakflip cover for most of all of my ram but if there one out there that are better I will get it.

Can you take a side pics also? Thank you so much sir for taken the time to do this, I appreciate it. I know that you should be able to keep your cover down when you are towing your 5th wheel.
    So yes the cover folded up toward the cab in the pictures where I measured the height from the bed rails up I towed our previous camper with this cover for about 9 months with no issues. yes if you get into a situation where the camper and the truck are at different angles and at a significant turn you can cause impact between the cover and the cap so it is something you have to be aware of. but I have not yet encountered this situation. I will say that I have about 6.5 inches of clearance between the bedrails and the camper when I am hitched up. I will take pictures of that tomorrow. as for the driving in the upright position, I believe I misstated. I went back to undercovers web site and in their FAQ they don't assign a speed rating but they state that it will handle legal interstate speeds with the two struts. happy to help, and I have no opinion on which tonneau is best I can only say that I chose the undercover over the Bakflip because of the upright position, Bakflip leaned against the cab and I just didn't like that design. the undercover has worked flawlessly for almost a year now and it took less than an hour to install.
    US Air Force Retired
    Mike and Jean Mcloud Oklahoma
    2021 Ram Tradesman 3500 CCLB 4x4 Srw 6.4HEMI
    2021 Reflection 337 RLS

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, you know when I had my SB I think I once lean the Bakflip cover onto the back of my cab, it wasn't a problem but now since I have a LB I don't foresee me having to do that. Thank you for those pics, I guess that I'm over thinking this but yeah, we are having a Christmas service at my church and I'm pretty sure that some of the people are going to give me some Amazon money so that's is when I will be ordering my hard cover.
    2022 GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    2023 North Point 310RLTS
    MSG Retired Army

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jalapeno1965 View Post
    the undercover has struts that hold it in the open position without touching the cab of the truck and you can drive at low speeds i believe under 45mph with the cover in the upright position. the BAKFLIP comes with pads to attach to the cab so it can lean against the cab, and i just didn't like the idea of that. i like the cover , i wanted something with a little more protection than a soft cover and the roll tops to me are inconvenient on a long bed truck unless you spring for the motorized. these are just my personnel preferences.
    I have the same one on my 2016 F350 Dually and bought it for the same reasons. Has been excellent...
    2016 Ford F350 DRW King Ranch
    2021 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3550BH

Camp Sites - https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?m...fw&usp=sharing

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, you know when I had my SB I think I once lean the Bakflip cover onto the back of my cab, it wasn't a problem but now since I have a LB I don't foresee me having to do that. Thank you for those pics, I guess that I'm over thinking this but yeah, we are having a Christmas service at my church and I'm pretty sure that some of the people are going to give me some Amazon money so that's is when I will be ordering my hard cover.

ok so some additional pictures from the side view tonneau closed, then in towing mode with a measurement from the cab back to the edge
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_4845.jpg   IMG_4843.jpg   IMG_4846.jpg   IMG_4850.jpg   IMG_4851.jpg  

US Air Force Retired
    2021 Reflection 337 RLS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the pictures in this post are for measurements, yours could be a little different than mine but I would think they would be very close since we are running basically the same setup. So I tried to get pictures from the edge of the tonneau to the center of the hitch, from the side edge of the mounting rails to the center of the hitch and from the rear edge of the open tonneau to the front edge of the pin box. I also included the measurement from the top of my bed to the bottom of the fifth wheel.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_4853.jpg   IMG_4854.jpg   IMG_4855.jpg   IMG_4857.jpg   IMG_4859.jpg  

US Air Force Retired
    2021 Reflection 337 RLS

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the pictures in this post are for measurements, yours could be a little different than mine but I would think they would be very close since we are running basically the same setup. So I tried to get pictures from the edge of the tonneau to the center of the hitch, from the side edge of the mounting rails to the center of the hitch and from the rear edge of the open tonneau to the front edge of the pin box. I also included the measurement from the top of my bed to the bottom of the fifth wheel.

Awesome, I had that same hitch, that is one solid hitch the truck I have now don't have the factory gooseneck prep. I just had my B&W gooseneck turnover ball hitch install now I need to get that cover for it, thank you again sir for the pics. That is a very nice cover, I'm going to go to Amazon and see if I can buy one.

Oh, what kind of Undercover is it, what's the name?
    Last edited by Spartacus; 12-21-2021 at 08:22 PM.
    2023 North Point 310RLTS
    MSG Retired Army

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    here are the additional pics, i tried to include a few measurements. i tried to get a pic of the mount settings on the B&W, and a height comparison of hitch to bedrail. hope this helps.

I'm trying to get the part number do you have a part number I want to get one but I have the 8 ft bed?
    2023 North Point 310RLTS
    MSG Retired Army

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm trying to get the part number do you have a part number I want to get one but I have the 8 ft bed?
    I have the undercover flex, they also have the armor flex which has a linex finish or the ultraflex which is carpeted on the underside. I also have the 8ft bed and the undercover flex part number for the ram 3500 8ft bed is #FX31005
    US Air Force Retired
    2021 Reflection 337 RLS

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay got it thank you.
    2023 North Point 310RLTS
    MSG Retired Army