User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LP Regulator Recall

My Imagine 3000QB is part of the recall on the Winntec 6020 LP regulators. Does anyone have any experience with the Cavagna Kosan 924N regulator? I am considering using it. It seems there is a shortage of LP regulators due to the recall but this one is available.
    Evan & Mary
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 3000QB
    2019 Ram 1500 Bighorn Crew Cab

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't have any info on that regulator. Have you tried a propane dealer? When I replaced mine on the road I just went to a local propane dealer and they stocked them with US made regulators.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Just FYI - since this is a NHSTA recall, it has to be validated by GD to be officially "cleared". Otherwise it will continue to show up in various sources linked to your VIN as not complete, which might complicate a bit any resale of the unit. You don't have to have a dealer do the work, but GD does need to be informed of the work, which needs to be properly documented. They will reimburse if receipts are included.

What they told me to send, per an e-mail:

A photo of the front and back of the new regulator
    A photo of the old regulator if it is still available, below is an example of what the bad regulator looks like, the photo must show the stamp code on the left hand side of the regulator that starts with a N.
    Send these photos in along with the invoice or a copy of the receipt as well as the results of a LP drop test and we will submit for reimbursement.
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sande005 View Post
    Just FYI - since this is a NHSTA recall, it has to be validated by GD to be officially "cleared". Otherwise it will continue to show up in various sources linked to your VIN as not complete, which might complicate a bit any resale of the unit. You don't have to have a dealer do the work, but GD does need to be informed of the work, which needs to be properly documented. They will reimburse if receipts are included.

What they told me to send, per an e-mail:

A photo of the front and back of the new regulator
    A photo of the old regulator if it is still available, below is an example of what the bad regulator looks like, the photo must show the stamp code on the left hand side of the regulator that starts with a N.
    Send these photos in along with the invoice or a copy of the receipt as well as the results of a LP drop test and we will submit for reimbursement.
    I did send an email to GD asking about that particular regulator and a mobile RV repair service called "On the Spot". A friend of ours used them and was happy with the work. When I called them they said they were on the GD list of preferred repair services. I just wanted to hear GD say it. GD said the regulator I chose was OK so I went ahead and ordered it. The closest dealer is 85 miles away so it would be much easier to have a mobile service come to the house. It looks like it is a half hour job to remove 3 hoses and then hook them up to the new regulator.
    Evan & Mary
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 3000QB
    2019 Ram 1500 Bighorn Crew Cab