Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Winegard power question

I have a 2021 Reflection 295RL and I am installing a Router to the Wingard 360+ antenna. When I pulled the cap off that was factory installed in the camper to get to the wiring the power wires were yellow and white (not red and black like I am familiar with). So which color is the positive and which color is the negative? I am camping and do not have a volt meter to help me.

Thanks,
    Kyle

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iaradtech View Post
    I have a 2021 Reflection 295RL and I am installing a Router to the Wingard 360+ antenna. When I pulled the cap off that was factory installed in the camper to get to the wiring the power wires were yellow and white (not red and black like I am familiar with). So which color is the positive and which color is the negative? I am camping and do not have a volt meter to help me.

Thanks,
    Kyle
    i just did this little project in my reflection 337 the wires were white and white with red strip, i connected the white with red stripe to the red side on the router and all is working well. don't know if i just got lucky but it worked. make sure to turn off all power disconnect the battery and remove the fuse if you know which one it is. the power in the 337 is an active circuit for the fantastic fan. i had to cut the circuit and patch in the router feed. i would recommend checking the front bay where the battery is, if your unit has the positive and negative terminal blocks you might be able to determine which should be the hot side. sorry i know im not much help , hopefully someone more knowledgeable will answer.
    US Air Force Retired
    Mike and Jean Mcloud Oklahoma
    2021 Ram Tradesman 3500 CCLB 4x4 Srw 6.4HEMI
    2021 Reflection 337 RLS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    White connects to black, according to the Wineguard video
    Jill and Mark
    2022 Reflection 150 260RD
    2016 Silverado LTZ HD Duramax
    (Previously Salem Hemisphere 286RL)

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jalapeno1965 View Post
    i just did this little project in my reflection 337 the wires were white and white with red strip, i connected the white with red stripe to the red side on the router and all is working well. don't know if i just got lucky but it worked. make sure to turn off all power disconnect the battery and remove the fuse if you know which one it is. the power in the 337 is an active circuit for the fantastic fan. i had to cut the circuit and patch in the router feed. i would recommend checking the front bay where the battery is, if your unit has the positive and negative terminal blocks you might be able to determine which should be the hot side. sorry i know im not much help , hopefully someone more knowledgeable will answer.
    Thanks for the advise. I had heard to shut off the power when installing the connector so I think i will shut off the AC and disconnect the battery when I mess with the power cable. I am going to just have to go buy a volt meter as I don't want to have any issues with the router.