Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure of the accessibility of your hi temp and eco switch. Take a look and prepare a temporary jumper method.
    Personally, I think the t-stat is more likely....but I've been wrong once or twice before....
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaska_av8r View Post
    More cold weather on the way and we will be camping for 4 days so i will get a chance to do some of this troubleshooting
    I carry a 16 gauge and 14 gauge jumper in my kit with alligator clamps on the ends for jumping limit switches. I have debugged the water heater,, a fridge, and last summer by gas fired pool heater with this technique in the past.

I have found the technique extremely useful finding the needle in the haystack so to speak. However, not as effective when you have an intermittent issue. Prior to jumping though, I disconnect and reconnect all terminal wires to ensure that no oxidation has affected the terminal connection.
    Pierre & Tara

2021 Imagine 2600RB
    2020 GMC Sierra SLE 1500
    1200/12000 Equalizer Hitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The cold front has not hit us yet, expected in about 5 hours, temps are appx 45 deg but furnace is working just fine so far.
    2021 Reflection 150 295RL
    2018 GMC 2500HD Denali Diesel 4x4

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2020 2670MK and I had the same problem with my heater. My solution was to go to my neighbor who knows how to fix just about anything and maintained that title after fixing my fireplace. He removed the fireplace and found a silver heat sensor located at the top middle section of the fireplace. It's about 1/2 inch wide. Move it to the left (if you standing behind it) about 6 inches (maybe a little more) and give it a try. My fireplace has never given me a problem since. I did send a note to Grand Design and the lady said she will pass that on as it is a common problem. Just letting everyone know what solved my problem and I'm never moving away from my neighbor.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IN OUR 2021 310 gkr, only after a few camping trips when new, the hi limit thermostat went out. The tech said it showed open when on the unit but showed ok after taking it off the furnace. one of those intermittent things. I replaced it with new and no problems since.
    1st 5er- 2006 titanium 32/37. current 5er-2021 Solitude 310GKR
    1st camper-2001 Lance slide in
    1st truck-2001 chevy silverado 2500 HD 8.1 vortec-Allison trans. current truck-2011 chevy silverado HD duramax, allison LTZ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im having a similar issue in my 28BH. For those that have found a bad sail switch or a bad high limit switch did you have to "reset" the thermostat every time it kicked off? Mine will run and make heat for a few minutes then kick off. I have to cycle the thermostat off then on again to get the furnace to run again.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OP-any resolution on this issue?

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavenbound View Post
    Im having a similar issue in my 28BH. For those that have found a bad sail switch or a bad high limit switch did you have to "reset" the thermostat every time it kicked off? Mine will run and make heat for a few minutes then kick off. I have to cycle the thermostat off then on again to get the furnace to run again.
    No, when my hi-limit switch went out the furnace never ran again until i had the switch replaced even if i cycled the wall thermostat.
    1st 5er- 2006 titanium 32/37. current 5er-2021 Solitude 310GKR
    1st camper-2001 Lance slide in
    1st truck-2001 chevy silverado 2500 HD 8.1 vortec-Allison trans. current truck-2011 chevy silverado HD duramax, allison LTZ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On YouTube search for 'MY RV WORKS". He has several troubleshooting videos on furnaces. It's a very good resource.
    Jim & Kathy
    Gracie, our 14 year old Rescued Beagle, waiting at the Rainbow Bridge with her big sister Bailey
    Suzy our 8 year old rescued Beagle
    2019 2500RL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bjlakatos View Post
    OP-any resolution on this issue?
    I have camped twice since then and not had a problem at all. That is very frustrating and hard to troubleshoot.

Tim
    2021 Reflection 150 295RL
    2018 GMC 2500HD Denali Diesel 4x4

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast