User Tag List

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: MorRyde System

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jproctor9 View Post
    I installed X-factor cross members on my 2400BH. Thread below...

https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...mber-on-2400BH

Note that the drop cross members require horizontal clearance to the gray water line. IIRC, it's 4 inches.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    @jproctor9 you have a good memory. MORryde forwarded the drawing of the drop down cross member. Hopefully I can modify the drain to have it move forward more toward the center of the trailer.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Drop Down Cross Member Mount Detail.jpg  
    2020 Imagine 2500RL
    ProPride P3
    2021 F250 6.7L PSD

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I installed mine by myself with one bottle jack and some jack stands. No need to get the whole trailer off the ground. Just takes some planning. be sure to bring a big hammer to get the existing bolts out.
    Harry C
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2610ML
    2015 F350
    Formerly: Jayco Pinnacle 36REQS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope y'all don't mind me bringing up the question again, asked in a slightly different way. I have a '21 2600 RB and a friend has recommended the MORryde suspension kit. I've called the large dealer where I bought my unit and one other fairly large dealer in the area, and both service managers stated they've never seen the MORryde on a travel trailer. hmmmm. I'm putting 6000-14000 miles a year on my rig, but little on dirt roads/boondocking. Is this a helpful or needed upgrade? thoughts?
    thanks much.
    John
    JayRay
    2021 2600 RB; GMC Sierra HD

Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JayRay View Post
    I hope y'all don't mind me bringing up the question again, asked in a slightly different way. I have a '21 2600 RB and a friend has recommended the MORryde suspension kit. I've called the large dealer where I bought my unit and one other fairly large dealer in the area, and both service managers stated they've never seen the MORryde on a travel trailer. hmmmm. I'm putting 6000-14000 miles a year on my rig, but little on dirt roads/boondocking. Is this a helpful or needed upgrade? thoughts?
    thanks much.
    John
    There are several different MORryde suspension systems: 1) the MORryde independent suspension system for large 5th wheels, and 2) the MORryde equalizer system (two varieties) for solid axles and leaf springs. Some of the new travel trailers have come with MORryde equalizers on them (you might look closely at yours and see). I suspect that the dealers were thinking about the independent suspension, in with case they are correct - most travel trailers aren't heavy enough for the 7K and 8K IS units.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    There are several different MORryde suspension systems: 1) the MORryde independent suspension system for large 5th wheels, and 2) the MORryde equalizer system (two varieties) for solid axles and leaf springs. Some of the new travel trailers have come with MORryde equalizers on them (you might look closely at yours and see). I suspect that the dealers were thinking about the independent suspension, in with case they are correct - most travel trailers aren't heavy enough for the 7K and 8K IS units.

Rob
    I put the MORryde suspension on my 22' Imagine myself. It was well, very well worth it! I took my rig to northern Alaska 16482 miles, some bad roads. I'm very glad I did it. If I ever switch to new rig it WILL have MORryde suspension.
    Terry
    2022 Imagine
    2021 Chevy Silverado

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will this suspension possibly take care of a minor alignment issue? I have a 2019 2600RB and I just took an Alaskan trip of 15,500 miles, with new GY'ers and my drivers rear tire wore out at around 11,500 miles. I measures the spindle to spindle lengths on each side and one side is about 3/8" off while siting beside my house on a rock driveway. Not sure if that is really bad enough to cause wear. Someone mentioned that the suspension bushings will wear out and possible cause problems like mine. This MORryde seems like an inexpensive upgrade that may take care of my problem and if it doesn't....still worth it.

Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Homeby5 View Post
    Will this suspension possibly take care of a minor alignment issue? I have a 2019 2600RB and I just took an Alaskan trip of 15,500 miles, with new GY'ers and my drivers rear tire wore out at around 11,500 miles. I measures the spindle to spindle lengths on each side and one side is about 3/8" off while siting beside my house on a rock driveway. Not sure if that is really bad enough to cause wear. Someone mentioned that the suspension bushings will wear out and possible cause problems like mine. This MORryde seems like an inexpensive upgrade that may take care of my problem and if it doesn't....still worth it.
    If the alignment issues are due to a bent axle or spindle, no - installation of new equalizers, etc., will not correct the alignment. If the axles and spindles are OK and the axles are out of alignment with the frame, this can be corrected without installing a new suspension system.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    Full time since 08/2015

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the alignment issues are due to a bent axle or spindle, no - installation of new equalizers, etc., will not correct the alignment. If the axles and spindles are OK and the axles are out of alignment with the frame, this can be corrected without installing a new suspension system.

Rob
    Thanks Rob. I guess I am not sure if my axel is bent or not. If it is... it's minor. I live in the Keys so I'm hundreds of miles from a dealer to check. I don't know...I use my trailer every summer for one long trip and then I park it. Also...my summer trips are usually long and over 10,000 miles. Part of me just thinks it's easier to throw a set of new tires every year before I take off. I'm not sure if it's I'm going back and forth on this. I guess, I'm being lazy...

Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Homeby5 View Post
    Thanks Rob. I guess I am not sure if my axel is bent or not. If it is... it's minor. I live in the Keys so I'm hundreds of miles from a dealer to check. I don't know...I use my trailer every summer for one long trip and then I park it. Also...my summer trips are usually long and over 10,000 miles. Part of me just thinks it's easier to throw a set of new tires every year before I take off. I'm not sure if it's I'm going back and forth on this. I guess, I'm being lazy...
    It doesn't have to be an RV dealership to check trailer alignment. Most heavy truck/trailer shops - or even shops that build or repair utility trailers - can check to see if an axle or spindle is out of alignment. I don't know if a business like that exists in the Keys.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It doesn't have to be an RV dealership to check trailer alignment. Most heavy truck/trailer shops - or even shops that build or repair utility trailers - can check to see if an axle or spindle is out of alignment. I don't know if a business like that exists in the Keys.

Rob
    I just had a MorRyde installed on my 22mle by a trailer repair shop for $200 labor. IT only took two hours. The RV dealers wanted $800 labor and leave it for a week.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast