User Tag List

Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CoChris View Post
    Just received my official notice in the mail yesterday. 2018 Solitude 310GK. Called dealer today. Next available apt is mid-June. Will do the recall while I wait (2 to 2-1/2 Hr.). The thing that got me was the service writer insisted that they had to pull the refrigerator to inspect the wiring per the recall. Can anyone confirm (or refute) the refrigerator is pulled out for the inspection? Would not be the first time I was given bad information from this dealer.

Thank you
    Chris
    Some people are saying they their dealer insists on pulling the fridge...and my dealer just wants photos to see if it can be cleared. I suspect everyone isn't up to speed yet...which is a bit interesting on a serious issue.

I just sent an e mail to GD recalls for clarification. I'll post if I get anything back.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
    DECelt
    2021 Solitude 310-GK
    2022 Ram 3500 CCLB diesel

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SGT ROC View Post
    I wish someone had a picture of the actual issue. By the description from the NHTSA my rig does not have the issue, but Grand Design doesn't accept my picture.
    Screenshot from the other GD website of what one owner found.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20220306-103105.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	47.4 KB 
ID:	39234

Last edited by DECelt; 03-06-2022 at 11:19 AM.
    DECelt
    2021 Solitude 310-GK

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Called the local RV dealer here in Albuquerque left two messages over the last week to call me to make an appointment haven't heard back. Sent GD an email haven't heard back from them in a week. If anything, I would like to know if it is safe to use my trailer and refrigerator. If it burns up and is destroyed will insurance pay with a open recall.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabidd View Post
    Called the local RV dealer here in Albuquerque left two messages over the last week to call me to make an appointment haven't heard back. Sent GD an email haven't heard back from them in a week. If anything, I would like to know if it is safe to use my trailer and refrigerator. If it burns up and is destroyed will insurance pay with a open recall.
    That's the big question. I would say that if you ignore it for years, probably not...but it's going to be a while to get everyone through this... particularly if they are going to pull every fridge.

I was most concerned about making sure I wasn't going to have a fire.

DECelt
    2021 Solitude 310-GK

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DECelt View Post
    That's the big question. I would say that if you ignore it for years, probably not...but it's going to be a while to get everyone through this... particularly if they are going to pull every fridge.

I was most concerned about making sure I wasn't going to have a fire.

Not to negate the safety issue, they are not that worried as to say don't use it, and disconnect it. We have all seen recalls that do say that.
    2023 Chevy 3500HD CC SB 4x4 Dmax
    2021 GD 320G with 8K axles

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I plan on keep trying to call GD if after 30 minutes they don't answer will try email again. Might just drive to RV dealer and speak with someone in person.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is the email and pics I've sent to GD.
    Good day,
    I write in regards to the above recall letter that I received this past week. Please find attached photos of the area of concern for the recall in my 2017GD 303rls 573FR3326H3312938. From the looks of the pictures, the wires in question, are still securely fastened to the wall area and have good clearance from the said refrigerator's cooling unit also there is some insulation in this area to provide some heat relief. As you can see from picture 3352, there is a green pic of weed eater line by the wire to and from the elec. outlet next to the cook top/oven. In picture 3353 is the aforementioned elec. receptacle, w/ the green line, with no signs of heat damage or any other signs of disrepair. And pic 3356 after replacing the electrical receptacle back into position( and yes the black silicon is still around the receptacle to keep propane exhaust out of living area.) Please advise if I still need to pay a mobile tech. $200 for travel to come to take pictures to show you the same thing. I understand the importance of this recall, but because I've purchased our 303rls from first owner the Palm Beach GD dealership won't even look at it, Lazy Dayz of Tampa, where the first owner purchased, is a 6 hour round trip even if I can get in before Nov. 22.Thanks for you assistance in put this to bed. After read the different blogs/ and webpages dealing with this recall for all the Grand Design's in question this seems to be a reasonable request. If I can and need to provide more pictures or due some other type of securing the wires in question please feel free to let me know so as to come in compliance ASAP.
    Thanks again,
    John Brewer Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3352.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	91.3 KB 
ID:	39239Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3353.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	96.6 KB 
ID:	39240Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3356.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	91.9 KB 
ID:	39241

Hopefully this will work.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you are stationary, I would see no problem with this, but bouncing down the road, with everything else in the trailer coming loose, I'm not going to trust the staples not backing out.
    Mine looked fine upon my initial inspection, but with a closer look, the staples are backing out. I don't want to have a 95% chance of them not coming loose & contacting the hot pipe-I want 100%.

If your dealer wants to pull the fridge to inspect, I think they are looking for easy money. The inspection can be done with a camera from the outside vents. On my trailer the repair will need to be done with the fridge pulled out a bit. My repair guy is younger, thinner, & more flexible than I am to climb in the vent access for the fix. JMHO
    Paul, Sue & Wonder Dog Zane
    '18 Solitude 310 GK
    "15 F-350 6.7, DRW, CC

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gronk1 View Post
    If you are stationary, I would see no problem with this, but bouncing down the road, with everything else in the trailer coming loose, I'm not going to trust the staples not backing out.
    Mine looked fine upon my initial inspection, but with a closer look, the staples are backing out. I don't want to have a 95% chance of them not coming loose & contacting the hot pipe-I want 100%.

If your dealer wants to pull the fridge to inspect, I think they are looking for easy money. The inspection can be done with a camera from the outside vents. On my trailer the repair will need to be done with the fridge pulled out a bit. My repair guy is younger, thinner, & more flexible than I am to climb in the vent access for the fix. JMHO
    I agree with your 100% not coming loose. I got home in Sept.21 from a 6 month road trip of over 12000 miles put on Lillie Mae. Not saying they won't come loose anytime in the future, but IMHO this doesn't need to be fixed by a tech. maybe verified but if my tech. comes and it's good to go with no work done I'm on the hook not GD for the travel time for the tech. of $200 if he has to work he gets the 2.5 hours of labor and I still have to pay the travel time. no win situation in my book

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbandtbone View Post
    This is the email and pics I've sent to GD.
    Good day,
    I write in regards to the above recall letter that I received this past week. Please find attached photos of the area of concern for the recall in my 2017GD 303rls 573FR3326H3312938. From the looks of the pictures, the wires in question, are still securely fastened to the wall area and have good clearance from the said refrigerator's cooling unit also there is some insulation in this area to provide some heat relief. As you can see from picture 3352, there is a green pic of weed eater line by the wire to and from the elec. outlet next to the cook top/oven. In picture 3353 is the aforementioned elec. receptacle, w/ the green line, with no signs of heat damage or any other signs of disrepair. And pic 3356 after replacing the electrical receptacle back into position( and yes the black silicon is still around the receptacle to keep propane exhaust out of living area.) Please advise if I still need to pay a mobile tech. $200 for travel to come to take pictures to show you the same thing. I understand the importance of this recall, but because I've purchased our 303rls from first owner the Palm Beach GD dealership won't even look at it, Lazy Dayz of Tampa, where the first owner purchased, is a 6 hour round trip even if I can get in before Nov. 22.Thanks for you assistance in put this to bed. After read the different blogs/ and webpages dealing with this recall for all the Grand Design's in question this seems to be a reasonable request. If I can and need to provide more pictures or due some other type of securing the wires in question please feel free to let me know so as to come in compliance ASAP.
    Thanks again,
    John Brewer Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3352.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	91.3 KB 
ID:	39239Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3353.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	96.6 KB 
ID:	39240Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3356.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	91.9 KB 
ID:	39241

Hopefully this will work.
    My only concern is the staples in the luan ply.

DECelt
    2021 Solitude 310-GK

Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast