User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. I found a video that explains just that scenario and the key is to insure you have power to the brown wire. After using a clamp meter I have determined that there is no current to the water heater. Have been trying to dissect the wiring diagram and think all roads lead to the circuit breaker and/but it is on.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SO the thermo fuse was the problem after all. Your description and youtube research was spot on only I had a service tech perform this action and he replaced the fuse and gave me a spare. I didnt do ti myself for concerns of screwing something up under warranty. Not to self... by addition thermal fuses. Thanks for the assist.

Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SC_2670tp View Post
    SO the thermo fuse was the problem after all. Your description and youtube research was spot on only I had a service tech perform this action and he replaced the fuse and gave me a spare. I didnt do ti myself for concerns of screwing something up under warranty. Not to self... by addition thermal fuses. Thanks for the assist.
    @SC_2670tp - a couple of forum tips:

1) If you use "Reply With Quote" (to the right of "Reply") as I have here, folks will know to whom you are responding and that person will get a notification.

2) You can also tag folks using the "@" symbol and their user name (as I have done yours) - they'll also get a notification that way.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good info on water heater in your 2670Mk. My wife turn on the water heater after winterizing ours. I am sure I will be needing repairs this spring when I pull it out for the season.

Off topic question:
    What’s your tow rig?

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragfam1127 View Post
    Good info on water heater in your 2670Mk. My wife turn on the water heater after winterizing ours. I am sure I will be needing repairs this spring when I pull it out for the season.

Off topic question:
    What’s your tow rig?

Depends on how long it was on for. The electric element will glow cherry red but if no water was introduced to it and it was shut back off there's a decent chance that the heating element is ok. A simple continuity test across the heater element (tank empty) will tell you if the element has burned open. This test is best performed with
    (A) your RV unplugged
    (B) the wires to the heating element disconnected. If you need any assistance troubleshooting it feel free to private message me.
    Bill & Colleen ~ Schwenksville, Pa
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2006 GMC Sierra 3500 8.1L V-8
    Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captcolour View Post
    ...remove thermal fuse from water heater. Connect brown wire directly to water heater. Turn on water heater. If working thermal fuse is bad."
    Just a reminder that thermal fuse is a safety device to shut down the water heater if something goes wrong with the flame/burn chamber.

It is there to protect you.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where is the thermal fuse located? What does it look like?
    2020 Reflection 273MK

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Water Heater Issue

Quote Originally Posted by SC_2670tp View Post
    Hello

Picked up a 2670 about a month ago and cant wait to use it. Problem is the water heater is giving us problems ie it doesnt work on gas or electric. Took it to the dealer to check and also added fan covers and slide cover. Problem solved? Nope. No hot water. Best I can tell no power to the unit. If there is someone out there that can help me assess with a voltage meter, please chime in. Otherwise cant wait to get out there.
    We have a 2018 Imagine 2670 that had the same issue. We troubleshot it down to the circuit board and then took it to the dealer who did the same thing. Come to find out there is a recall on the board. The dealer swapped out the board in less that 10 mins and life has been good ever since!

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dryfly View Post
    Where is the thermal fuse located? What does it look like?
    Open the exterior water heater door. The thermal fuse is there.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails thermal.jpg  
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    Open the exterior water heater door. The thermal fuse is there.
    Thanks. Guess I've never really noticed, but sounds like it's one of the first things to check in a water heater failure.
    2020 Reflection 273MK

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast