Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fuses? Momentum 395 ms 2022

Of course brand new, no trips yet on 395ms Momentum and right turn lights went out, are there other fuses other than the panel on the floor by the stairs to master bedroom? I checked those fuses and none were bad. Thanks for any help.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check your truck fuses and hazard lights for starters

Rolling Along
    Whatever state the landing gear sits upon (Texas c
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoosenMaverick View Post
    Of course brand new, no trips yet on 395ms Momentum and right turn lights went out, are there other fuses other than the panel on the floor by the stairs to master bedroom? I checked those fuses and none were bad. Thanks for any help.
    No fuses on the trailer for this. Either truck or wiring issue.

Try to "jumper" the 7 pin from the trailer (the one you plug into your truck). I forget the pins (search the forum or see if some one knows of the top of their head. It's either Brown/ black or red/ black)..

That will use your trailer battery to light up your turn signal indicator lamp. If that doesn't work, then you know it's trailer side. If it does, then you know it's on the truck side.

Full-time Traveling Family ,'21 Momentum 395MS-R, '21 F450 King, 2000watts solar, Dual Victron MP-II 12/3000 2 x 120v, 1220ah LiFePo4

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @A. Texas. Yankee interesting because I noticed the Ford 450 jumping from disconnected to connected with the trailer on the dash panel. I was disconnecting and re-connecting the 7 pin connector, I found it odd just out of the blue. And then I noticed the blinker left side was out. I'm such a newbie I want you to be my new best friend😆 brand new 2022 f450...thanks I'm gonna try to figure out what jumping that 7 pin connector means...

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As unfortunate as it is, you would think that all of the 7 pin trailer plugs would mate up perfectly with the truck's trailer receptacle, but sometimes they don't. I have a trailer and truck that would do the same thing and I ended up plugging the trailer into the truck receptacle, then taking a piece of 1/2" velcro strapping and wrapping it around the body of the plug and the flap door the covers the truck's receptacle when not in use. For some reason, the plug or the receptacle fitment was not very well mated and wrapping the velcro around it, once it was plugged in, made the problem disappear forever.....or until I forgot to wrap it. Give it a try, it easy to do, cheap, and may just solve the issue.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @A. Texas. Yankee interesting because I noticed the Ford 450 jumping from disconnected to connected with the trailer on the dash panel. I was disconnecting and re-connecting the 7 pin connector, I found it odd just out of the blue. And then I noticed the blinker left side was out. I'm such a newbie I want you to be my new best friend[emoji38] brand new 2022 f450...thanks I'm gonna try to figure out what jumping that 7 pin connector means...
    Haha! We're all here to help.

That sounds like a connection issue. I have NOT had that issue in combo with the F450 and my 395MS-R but I had numerous issues with my Ram and several trailers with not the best of connections and oddly enough it was blinkers that seemed to be affected.

Try some spray electrical cleaner and spray the heck of the plug and receptacle on the truck. Then load both with dielectric grease and check to see if that resolves. Might give you a start as well.

Full-time Traveling Family ,'21 Momentum 395MS-R, '21 F450 King, 2000watts solar, Dual Victron MP-II 12/3000 2 x 120v, 1220ah LiFePo4

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well @xrated and @A.Texas.Yankee @Scousers you were all in the ball park. So the brand new Ford F450 7 pin connector receptacle in the bed of the truck is not showing a connection at all to the right blinker for the momentum. The 7 pin connector on the bumper works seamlessly. I also used an actual 7 pin connector tester and the right blinker connection is dead for the connector in the bed...so back to Ford to have them fix replace it, that truck it is barely 2 months old, so warranty it is. Thanks again, I'll fill you in on Fords take on it.

Ford 450 Super Duty 22
    Momentum 395ms 22

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well @xrated and @A.Texas.Yankee @Scousers you were all in the ball park. So the brand new Ford F450 7 pin connector receptacle in the bed of the truck is not showing a connection at all to the right blinker for the momentum. The 7 pin connector on the bumper works seamlessly. I also used an actual 7 pin connector tester and the right blinker connection is dead for the connector in the bed...so back to Ford to have them fix replace it, that truck it is barely 2 months old, so warranty it is. Thanks again, I'll fill you in on Fords take on it.

Ford 450 Super Duty 22
    Momentum 395ms 22
    Should be an easy fix once they get to it.