User Tag List

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

303 RLS front compartment load capacity?

My daughter recently purchased a 2019 303 RLS which she plans to live in full-time. Storage is always a challenge, and she was curious how much weight the front storage compartment could hold? She plans to upgrade her trailer to include 2 lithium batteries, a generator and a couple of metal dog crates all to be kept in the forward compartment if possible. While the physical size of the front compartment should be able to hold these items, the question is how much weight can the flooring withstand before causing damage? I understand this may be a difficult question to answer accurately, but does anyone have any good ideas on this topic? Thanks!
    2017 GD 337RLS & 2019 Ford F350

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2020 303RLS and the floor in the front area is steel plate. I have two 6volt golf cart batteries in there along with several milk crates with the power cord and various hoses. I put my Champion 3500 generator in it once but it was to hard to get in in and out by myself. I would say the floor in that area would hold just about anything you would want to put in it.
    2020 303RLS
    2018 Dodge 2500 Cummins
    BW Companion
    Retired and loving it.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks so much as that was what I suspected. I think my daughter will have a challenge getting heavy items in and out as well, so it probably won't be an issue.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry337 View Post
    My daughter recently purchased a 2019 303 RLS which she plans to live in full-time. Storage is always a challenge, and she was curious how much weight the front storage compartment could hold? She plans to upgrade her trailer to include 2 lithium batteries, a generator and a couple of metal dog crates all to be kept in the forward compartment if possible. While the physical size of the front compartment should be able to hold these items, the question is how much weight can the flooring withstand before causing damage? I understand this may be a difficult question to answer accurately, but does anyone have any good ideas on this topic? Thanks!
    Not sure if you have a DRW truck or not, but the pin weight may be the limiting factor. The floors in the front compartments are pretty stout.

Brian
    Brian and Lisa - Longmont, CO
    2021 Solitude 310GK
    2022 F350 Lariat DRW Powerstroke
    Firestone airbags - WirelessOne Airlift
    B&W Companion 20K
    Tireminder TPMS

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The floor in our 303 front compartment was not supported on the front side. Ours buckled very slightly on that front end, it wasn't loaded with a generator. We resupported that whole section.I would take care to not overload it without adding extra support to the sides and floor. If it has generator prep already in place maybe it has better support. But the average 303 is not as beefy as a drop frame Solitude.
    Last edited by WhittleBurner; 06-07-2022 at 08:02 AM.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Setting Up Camp Have Griff Will Travel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    The floor in our 303 front compartment was not supported on the front side. Ours buckled very slightly on that front end, it wasn't loaded with a generator. We resupported that whole section.I would take care to not overload it without adding extra support to the sides and floor. If it has generator prep already in place maybe it has better support. But the average 303 is not as beefy as a drop frame Solitude.
    We also reinforced our front compartment. The other concern with the front compartment is there's lots of overhead wires. Exercise caution moving large objects in and out of the front compartment.
    Philip & Nancy
    2019 Ram 3500 Laramie
    2020 Reflection 303RLS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All good comments and as I suspected. I think she will go with Plan B; not overloading the front compartment as access is an issue anyway and there's no reason to get injured. Thanks everyone!