User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Imagine 2670MK HALF TON Experiences?

Was interested in half ton Tow experiences with the 2670 MK? Considering purchasing one and I do notice there’s a lot of weight in the rear end with the two slides.

On the plus side my camping trip sir typically short halls 2 to 3 hours at the most. We only hit Colorado once a year.

Thanks in advance

No need for everyone to share advice we should buy a three-quarter ton upgrade I’m well aware of its capabilities.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rear kitchen trailers are hard to distribute enough weight to the tongue to avoid a sway event and once you do to overcome the heavy tail end the TW is over 1000 lbs
    I personally would never do it but it is your decision

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Precab View Post
    No need for everyone to share advice we should buy a three-quarter ton upgrade I’m well aware of its capabilities.
    It appears your mind is made up. I towed our 2650 with a F150. Even after switching to "E"-range tires I never felt I was in full control. Power wasn't an issue but handling and braking were.
    2019 F-250 Supercab
    2017 Imagine 2650RK

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We thought light tongue weight would be a problem, but it's not. We have a front A/C unit which put our tongue weight over 700# from the factory, then a lot of stuff in the front compartment and a battery and walah! I have 1100# of tongue weight with this setup. Red flags for me using your truck would be payload and braking. I am comfortable towing with my set up but still haven't taken any significant grades with it though. Good Luck!
    Jeff & Sherry
    2020 Imagine 2670MK
    2019 F150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4,
    HDPP, Max Tow, 6.5, ProPride

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My recommendation is get real life numbers, not manufacturer advertised numbers, but from sticker or owners and punched them here https://changingears.com/weight-calc...ht-calculator/
    I tow a 22mle with a F150 2.7EB and find that I'm near max on my capacities. Power is not the problem.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    My recommendation is get real life numbers, not manufacturer advertised numbers, but from sticker or owners and punched them here https://changingears.com/weight-calc...ht-calculator/
    I tow a 22mle with a F150 2.7EB and find that I'm near max on my capacities. Power is not the problem.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    X2.

This is your best starting point having real data to work with.

Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McDugals View Post
    We thought light tongue weight would be a problem, but it's not. We have a front A/C unit which put our tongue weight over 700# from the factory, then a lot of stuff in the front compartment and a battery and walah! I have 1100# of tongue weight with this setup. Red flags for me using your truck would be payload and braking. I am comfortable towing with my set up but still haven't taken any significant grades with it though. Good Luck!
    I think this post tells you a lot. That's a HDPP truck - 99% of F150s, including max tow F150s, do not have that package. No other half ton truck is as capable. 1100# tongue weight is a good number to start with.

I'm about to go to a 30ft trailer from my current 22ft trailer, and we ruled out the 2670 based on our experiences as one step too high for our truck. Feel like we are already pushing the limits at the step down trailer. Love the 2670 floor plan though.

We run out of payload first with stuff in the truck - as will most with a travel trailer. My truck has 1807# on the factory sticker. Next would be hitch capacity as my '17 has a hitch rated at 1100#. So 1100# tongue plus 80# WDH and we would be over the hitch rating - a safety concern in my book. I am confident with this truck all the way up to the GVWR - we have run it at capacity for more than 10k miles through all terrain and it does great, rides level and comfortable. But I don't want to be moving stuff around trying to save weight every time we go out, and I like having plenty on the tongue for stability, so I don't like moving weight off the tongue just to make the numbers work. Plus sometimes it's nice to have a little water in the fresh tank to run toilet / wash hands on the road.
    Just my 0 cents
    Last edited by Stealth13777; 07-03-2022 at 09:53 AM.
    2022 Transcend Xplor 240ML
    2019 Imagine XLS 17MKE (sold 8/22)
    2017 Ford F-150 XLT 5.0 Fx4
    Blue Ox WDH

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TT

Quote Originally Posted by Stealth13777 View Post
    I think this post tells you a lot. That's a HDPP truck - 99% of F150s, including max tow F150s, do not have that package. No other half ton truck is as capable. 1100# tongue weight is a good number to start with.

I'm about to go to a 30ft trailer from my current 22ft trailer, and we ruled out the 2670 based on our experiences as one step too high for our truck. Feel like we are already pushing the limits at the step down trailer. Love the 2670 floor plan though.

We run out of payload first with stuff in the truck - as will most with a travel trailer. My truck has 1807# on the factory sticker. Next would be hitch capacity as my '17 has a hitch rated at 1100#. So 1100# tongue plus 80# WDH and we would be over the hitch rating - a safety concern in my book. I am confident with this truck all the way up to the GVWR - we have run it at capacity for more than 10k miles through all terrain and it does great, rides level and comfortable. But I don't want to be moving stuff around trying to save weight every time we go out, and I like having plenty on the tongue for stability, so I don't like moving weight off the tongue just to make the numbers work. Plus sometimes it's nice to have a little water in the fresh tank to run toilet / wash hands on the road.
    Just my 0 cents
    I understand the challenges my powerboost F150 only has 1650lbs cargo capacity

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Precab View Post
    I understand the challenges my powerboost F150 only has 1650lbs cargo capacity
    Where did you get the 1650 figure from?

Only a cat scale run will tell the real numbers

I am sure it is much lower than 1650
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    There's a very recent thread where another member shares his experiences with weights on a recent purchase in great detail.

As far as my older one:
    Mine was too tail heavy (the one referenced above was not - so the issue seems to have been addressed in later years!) I ended up with the very expensive, very heavy ProPride hitch to combat the sway I got. Currently, loaded for camping we are at 950 lbs TW (only about 5-10 gal of tank water, water in the heater, and dry black/gray). I do have 2 6v batteries, and no 2nd AC. No generator or other heavy additions.
    While I do have the HDPP on the truck, that was a "leftover" from the days I pulled a small 5th. Nice to have, but in my case probably results in excess capacity (if there is such a thing).
    The 3P hitch does its job well. Took some messing with to get set right, but towing pretty much replicates the feel of the old 5th. Rare "truck suck" when there is a great amount of speed difference between them and me. Winds gusting to +30 are no issue. One handed driving is the norm.
    Last year on a very long trip, the braking felt "soft" and got brake error messages on the truck. No issues going down steepish roads in Smokey Mountain Nat'l Park, but did feel a bit "off". Roadside service could not identify the issue, so we gingerly drove home. After returning home, found a break in the wiring - apparently we did many thousands of miles with no trailer brakes (!) No noticeable issues to the truck brakes according to my mechanic, no appreciable wear compared to just before we started the trip. Probably not good in a full on emergency stop, but normal use was only slightly off.
    The 3.5 Eco pulls great. Prior experience in the Rockies/Sierras with the 5th shows it does great at very high altitudes.
    Mileage with the 5th was 10.5 over 15,000 miles. Unfortunately with the 2670MK, it is about 8. I blame it all on worse aerodynamics.
    My truck has a longer wheelbase, and the big load range "E" tires that are part of the HDPP setup. So a shorter version with lesser tires may handle very differently.
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast