User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No hot water to fixtures

I have a 2020 Reflection 29RS that will not push hot water to the fixtures on city connection or pump from tank. Water is cold at fixtures from both sides (hot and cold). HWH is plenty warm with hot water coming from pressure relief valve. I have researched extensively and ensured outdoor shower is off, replaced the hot water heater check valve with brass, and still no change. My last resort is to replace the hot water heater bypass valve (red on Nautilus P1) in case it is not functioning and remaining in bypass mode.

Anything else I should be checking? Thanks.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum.

It sounds reasonable to think it is the bypass valve not working correctly.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check your outdoor water faucet connection to make sure the hot and cold valves are shut even if the quick connect hose is not currently connected.
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    Check your outdoor water faucet connection to make sure the hot and cold valves are shut even if the quick connect hose is not currently connected.
    Yes, verified both closed. I did have to replace the green diverter valve this spring after dewinterizing...air was pulling into the lines. So it's not out of the realm of possible this one is an issue also. I'll be sure to post an update after it arrives and is installed.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This smells like a bypass valve issue. Are you positive there's water flowing out of the heater tank?

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by psweat View Post
    Yes, verified both closed. I did have to replace the green diverter valve this spring after dewinterizing...air was pulling into the lines. So it's not out of the realm of possible this one is an issue also. I'll be sure to post an update after it arrives and is installed.
    Its probably a bad bypass valve, I had the blue valve go bad on my 399. That was enough for me to completely remove the Nautilus system and make my own setup, worked much better after that.
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lane Hog View Post
    This smells like a bypass valve issue. Are you positive there's water flowing out of the heater tank?
    Just went out and verified there was hot water in the tank, propane came on for about 5 min while out there to top off the temp. Ran the hot water from fixture while slowly loosening the connection from the hot water check valve (out from the HWH). Water in the line was nowhere near the temp of water from the pressure relief valve, would call it on cold side of lukewarm, probably from the environment. So water is obviously not coming from the tank and to me lends itself even more to bypass. Reasonable?

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by psweat View Post
    Just went out and verified there was hot water in the tank, propane came on for about 5 min while out there to top off the temp. Ran the hot water from fixture while slowly loosening the connection from the hot water check valve (out from the HWH). Water in the line was nowhere near the temp of water from the pressure relief valve, would call it on cold side of lukewarm, probably from the environment. So water is obviously not coming from the tank and to me lends itself even more to bypass. Reasonable?
    Did you try moving the red lever in the Nautilus to the other position?

If neither position gives you hot water, then yes, it probably is that valve.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    Did you try moving the red lever in the Nautilus to the other position?

If neither position gives you hot water, then yes, it probably is that valve.
    Yes, tried in both positions and no change. Valve should be here this week, will post an update after installed.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    *SOLVED*

Since the diverter valve wasn't expected to get here until later this week, I decided to remove the current one and try to diagnose. I removed the elbows and watched the ball valve inside as I turned the handle. Turns out the ball valve was not in the correct position and was NEVER allowing water to exit to the HWH in either position. Which makes sense now as I remember the HWH not filling unless I turned the red handle to 9 o'clock position and then it would fill. I didn't understand it at the time but at least it allowed me to diagnose that the tank was heating. So that's why the tank would get hot, but no hot water was getting pushed through the tank.

Anyway, after removing the red handle, I removed the tiny screw inside the next piece allowing it to come off, and then had access to a white square plastic union to the ball valve inside. Took bent needle nose pliers and turned that plastic piece about 90 degrees and then checked to make sure it closed off the right ports at the right time based on red handle position. Re-installed and immediately hot water. How the internals got out of sync I have no idea, but now I'll have a spare valve which is never a bad thing.

Love the rig, but these nautilus systems can be finicky.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast