Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Winterizing

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ajg617 View Post
    Good point on the washer - completely forgot about that. But to get pink in the hot water line to the washer, do you have to fill the hot water tank with pink?
    The water heater bypass valve should enable you to fill all the lines, including the hot water lines, with antifreeze. Running antifreeze into the hot water tank is unnecessary, and kind of a pain to clear out when removing all the antifreeze in the spring.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks all - missing the winterizing clinics at the dealer with last trip return Nov 1st, so I'll probably wind up doing it myself. Hot water tank bypass is not labeled but I'm guessing that putting the red nautilus valve in the horizontal winterizing position does the trick? Not sure what I have that can blow out the lines though. What max PSI do you use? I have a small tank I can put air in, but no real way to limit the pressure coming out. Where do you connect to put pressure through the lines? I'm assuming that the pump puts the pink stuff through?

Biggest challenge will be finding a spot to park for the winter. Can't stay where it currently is in the driveway - no place for snow plow to push snow and driveway is on too much of a down hill slope past the point it currently sits.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan 4014 payload
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you use the pink stuff, no real need to also blow out the lines. I use the pink stuff, and have never had an issue. Takes a couple gallons, maybe a bit less. Just depends on what you're comfortable with. Don't forget to drain the water tank, if you have one.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Once I have the pink anti freeze coming out of all the faucets, ice maker, toilet, outside shower, and hose connector I like to shut down the pump then open the low point drains then all of the faucets to let the pink stuff out, I have even known some who use air and blow the lines out after the anti-freeze flush. It doesn’t need to be in there for the winter and I expect it doesn’t make much difference, it is just what i prefer to do.
    2022 Reflection150 226RK
    2022 F150 Powerboost hybrid with 3.5L Ecoboost

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A word of caution for when you do the washer/dryer connections, open them slowly. First time I did mine, I twisted the valve completely open, and the initial stream actually hit the rear door 11' feet away.
    2023 Chevy 3500HD CC SB 4x4 Dmax
    2021 GD 320G with 8K axles

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wileykid View Post
    A word of caution for when you do the washer/dryer connections, open them slowly. First time I did mine, I twisted the valve completely open, and the initial stream actually hit the rear door 11' feet away.
    I can't even see the connections - would have to pull dryer out for any access. I think that means I'll have to do at least one rinse cycle.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan 4014 payload
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ajg617 View Post
    Thanks all - missing the winterizing clinics at the dealer with last trip return Nov 1st, so I'll probably wind up doing it myself. Hot water tank bypass is not labeled but I'm guessing that putting the red nautilus valve in the horizontal winterizing position does the trick? Not sure what I have that can blow out the lines though. What max PSI do you use? I have a small tank I can put air in, but no real way to limit the pressure coming out. Where do you connect to put pressure through the lines? I'm assuming that the pump puts the pink stuff through?

Biggest challenge will be finding a spot to park for the winter. Can't stay where it currently is in the driveway - no place for snow plow to push snow and driveway is on too much of a down hill slope past the point it currently sits.
    Most folks use about 40 PSI to purge the water lines. Your small air tank is not going to have the capacity you need. When using a compressor it is connected to the incoming city water line using an adapter fitting.

As others have said, it is not absolutely necessary to purge the lines with air if using antifreeze. It's just a precaution for those of us that have too much time on our hands.
    2020 Reflection 273MK

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
    Now for something actually useful to add to this thread.......overinflate your tires by 10-15% after the trailer is parked. Helps hold their hape..recommended by GY. And don't leave tires on dirt.
    What happens if you leave your tires on dirt?
    Jeff & Sherry
    2020 Imagine 2670MK
    2019 F150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4,
    HDPP, Max Tow, 6.5, ProPride

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McDugals View Post
    What happens if you leave your tires on dirt?
    I have read it is a bad idea because of the moisture..so I put mine on 2x8's. They also don't leave them on asphalt because of the oils..keep them off concrete because of chemicals.....They pretty much say keep them off everything....except wood or plastic.
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
    I have read it is a bad idea because of the moisture..so I put mine on 2x8's. They also don't leave them on asphalt because of the oils..keep them off concrete because of chemicals.....They pretty much say keep them off everything....except wood or plastic.
    Another thing is it gets a little wet and the TT starts to sink. I know here in Upstate NY that I would tear up the yard trying to get it out of the trench. I know this from parking my vehicles in the yard. I have to rock it back and forth because it sank in about four inches.
    Upstate NY
    2022 Ford F150 with trailer tow package
    2022 Transcend Xplor 231rk
    2021 Shih Tzu Millie

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast