Likes Likes:  0
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Furnace not working

Unit is a 2019 Momentum 395M
    Tried to use the furnace for the first time this season but it would not turn on. Nothing, no fan or any noise at all. I checked everything I could with my limited ability. Fuse ok no loose wires that I could see. I have an extended warranty and had a mobile tech check it out. IÂ’ve used this tech before and believe him to be honest. Bottom line, the furnace is not receiving input from the One Touch Control board and board needs to be replaced. Waiting on warranty service to approve before going further. The tech said they will approve new unit and some labor costs, but the labor will be extensive. Has anyone out there used an alternative source for heat? Electric, ceramic heater? We are full timers and mostly hooked up to power.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank P View Post
    Tried to use the furnace for the first time this season but it would not turn on. Nothing, no fan or any noise at all. I checked everything I could with my limited ability. Fuse ok no loose wires that I could see. I have an extended warranty and had a mobile tech check it out. IÂ’ve used this tech before and believe him to be honest. Bottom line, the furnace is not receiving input from the One Touch Control board and board needs to be replaced. Waiting on warranty service to approve before going further. The tech said they will approve new unit and some labor costs, but the labor will be extensive. Has anyone out there used an alternative source for heat? Electric, ceramic heater? We are full timers and mostly hooked up to power.
    Sorry to hear that. We've had good luck with this heater (https://smile.amazon.com/AmazonBasic.../dp/B0828YLCY7). I'm sure you could get something similar at any big box store. Hope your repair goes well.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While you're waiting and considering alternate heat sources, remember that only the LP furnace heats the underbelly and basement and keeps your water utilities from freezing. A bilge heater or thermostatically-controlled space heater in the basement will help until you get the furnace running again.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We added the heat strip sold by Furrion to our Furrion ac. I know depending on your brand ac these heat strips have varying reviews, but the Furrion one will easily keep our trailer warm down to at least 40 degrees. Below that we tend to switch over to the propane heater so that we have heat in the underbelly for the pipes - with the added bonus that the floor stays warmer on the propane heat.

We have also used a very simple small space heater, and it does a good job heating the relatively small space in the trailer. We are also full time though and did the heat strip because it seemed safer. In your situation, a little $30-$40 basic space heater or two, strategically placed, would likely do the job. They are sold all over the place under various brands. You want one with temp and tip protection plus a safety rating (etl/ul), which most at reputable retailers will have.
    2022 Transcend Xplor 240ML
    2019 Imagine XLS 17MKE (sold 8/22)
    2017 Ford F-150 XLT 5.0 Fx4
    Blue Ox WDH

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank P View Post
    We use something similar to what Soundsailor posted, and it will keep the entire rig warm. I do try to run the AC fan on low to keep air circulating.

As Rob pointed out, this does not move air through the basement so is not guaranteed to keep water lines and tanks from freezing. I do think the warmth of the rig would keep everything above freezing with outside temps in the high 20s but not below that.
    James and Dawn
    2019 F150 SCREW 3.5EB 6.5' - Haloview MC7109; Cooper AT3 LTX; Sumo Springs; ProPride WDH

2021 Imagine 2400BH - GY Endurance 225/75-15; MORryde CRE3000, HD shackles and wet bolts, X-factor crossmembers