Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Update

Quote Originally Posted by Nuffsaid View Post
    We are at our daughter's home with our 310gk parked in her front yard in Belgrade, MT, about 5 miles west of Bozeman. Been in single digits every night with about 6 inches of snow on the ground. I have a diesel heater in the front generator area but my wife complained about smelling diesel fumes, so I turned it off, it will keep the basement about 90 degrees, so now back to the propane furnace and fireplace. I have reflectex on all of the windows except the two by our bed. They are a sheet of ice in the morning. My wife likes to sleep cold........... I have spray foamed frame rails and it does help. I also have a 100 lb propane bottle hooked up to keep the furnace fed.
    I parked the 310gk on Weds afternoon, hooked up a full 100 lb propane bottle and it is Saturday evening as I write this, propane is about 50% left. Furnace has been set around 68 with fireplace set to 74 which isn't accurate, and bedroom door is kept mostly closed to keep it from being too warm up there and believe you me it's not too warm, mid 50's, brrrr, but whatever it takes to keep a happy wife. Temps haven't been terrible, but lows around 10 F and highs around low 30's. Slide out with recliner couch feels a little cool, not sure how much of that is convection coming off of the glass and going towards the floor. No issues with freezing up, tank heaters on and using water tank and then topping off with a hose. I will have to use my small air compressor to blow out the lines when we leave on Monday and then we will be back in two weeks for my daughter's birthday and Christmas, and I will bring more propane!
    2023 GMC 3500HD CCLB DRW Duramax L5P, Banks Derringer/Idash/CAI 60 gallon fuel transfer tank
    2018 Solitude 310GK with Kodiak disc brakes 4000 lb Dexter springs, frame stiffeners
    RETIRED Maint Supervisor, Certified Welder, ASE Master Tech, Owner tire shop

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for this info. Good to know these rigs are fine down to 10 degF, or even a bit lower, provided the furnace has plenty of fuel and tank heaters on, etc. with one of those heated hoses you could even connect to city water. Maybe.
    2021 Reflection 312 BHTS, Silverado 2500 Duramax

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    You'll keep replacing the heated water hose every few years (and never get rid of the plastic taste) until you either build your own or get one of these:

https://nofreezewaterhose.com/produc...ng-water-hoses

Stay warm!

Rob
    Woof, that's spendy!
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverbug View Post
    Woof, that's spendy!
    It is - but it's the only water hose the pipeline and oil field workers in the "man camps" along the Canadian border use. At the rate I was replacing the Camco heated hoses our first few years of full-timing, I could have bought one of these and been money ahead (and without the awful plastic taste that never really went away).

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    It is - but it's the only water hose the pipeline and oil field workers in the "man camps" along the Canadian border use. At the rate I was replacing the Camco heated hoses our first few years of full-timing, I could have bought one of these and been money ahead (and without the awful plastic taste that never really went away).

Rob
    Rob. I have the Camco heated hose going on season 2. What was the mode of failure that you experienced? Leaking or heater failure? If heater failure, how did you determine it was broken? Thanks for the help. Just planning ahead.
    2021 Reflection 312 BHTS, Silverado 2500 Duramax

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyStar View Post
    Rob. I have the Camco heated hose going on season 2. What was the mode of failure that you experienced? Leaking or heater failure? If heater failure, how did you determine it was broken? Thanks for the help. Just planning ahead.
    Leaks in both cases - the cheap fittings at either end.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Steven@147

You're a lot tougher than we are. We got to our winter roost in North Florida about the 18th so we missed most of that cold snap.

Obviously, you know what you're doing, but I think I would forgo the heated hose; work off the fresh tank and keep the hose in the heated bay between fillings.

Good luck and stay warm!

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What do mean you spray foamed the rails? I want to make sure I understand. We cam-Ed last year in St. Louis over St Patrick’s day weekend is it was -13 with wind chill.
    Jeff & Barb
    2023 Momentum 399
    2021 Ford King Ranch 350 6.7 Diesel

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Leaving marathon tomorrow after 6 weeks in the keys, heading to lake okechobee for the next few months. Hoping days stay above 70, so far Florida has been warmer 80+ than out west and we’re enjoying it.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Nuffsaid

Can you give more info on the spray foamed frame rails? Did you do it yourself? Any info would be appreciated.
    Bill & Colleen ~ Schwenksville, Pa
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2006 GMC Sierra 3500 8.1L V-8
    Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast