Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway caterpillar345's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Soon To Be In the GD Family?

Hi all,
    I'm a civil engineer and I will be heading out to live near a remote construction project in early 2023. I decided that a TT or 5W made the most sense for my full-time living arrangement. My search led me to Grand Design Reflection and Northwood Arctic Fox. Hoping to get some insight before purchasing in the next couple weeks.

Thanks!
    Traveling civil engineer.
    Planning to full-time in a Reflection TT or 5W.
    2003 Dodge Ram 3500 SRW 5.9L Cummins M6 4x4 Long Bed

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome, either way you go don't believe the winter protection the trailer has if you plan on being in below freezing temps precautions will still have to be done.
    I haven't explored Arctic fox enough to form an opinion other than for full time a 5th wheel has better storage. Good luck in your decision
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by caterpillar345 View Post
    Hi all,
    I'm a civil engineer and I will be heading out to live near a remote construction project in early 2023. I decided that a TT or 5W made the most sense for my full-time living arrangement. My search led me to Grand Design Reflection and Northwood Arctic Fox. Hoping to get some insight before purchasing in the next couple weeks.

Thanks!
    Welcome to the forum, hope you find the coach that best suits your needs. Let us know if you have any questions on the GD side of things.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    Welcome, either way you go don't believe the winter protection the trailer has if you plan on being in below freezing temps precautions will still have to be done.
    I haven't explored Arctic fox enough to form an opinion other than for full time a 5th wheel has better storage. Good luck in your decision
    Definitely consider weather if you plan to stay in the same location for an extended period. I purchased my first 5th wheel to live in during the week - it spent 2 years in the same location. I built permanent steps, installed a permanent sewer line with a flex union, and insulated skirting (winter temps dropped to the lower single digits).

5th wheel storage is certainly a benefit. Dual pane windows will help with condensation and colder weather. In the end, floor plan was the biggest decider for me. I am a big guy - needed a comfortable shower/bathroom, spacious living area, and room to cook. When we bought our current 5th wheel, floor plan was also the primary concern. For us, the Reflection 303RLS had everything we needed.
    2022 Ram 2500 4x4, 6.7 Cummins, RamBox, Air Lift 5000 Ultimate Plus, B&W Companion
    2022 Reflection 303RLS, Progressive hardwired EMS, Airborne Sidewinder
    YouTube Chanel

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agree with @Jomani, the dual-pane windows are a real plus. I'm 6' 2" and the ceiling height of a 5er made a big difference. If you're going to live in the coach for any length of time, get a floor plan that supports comfort, you'll thank yourself later.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S