User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank y'all for the pics and the insight. The middle setting looks to be just the right setting based on your pictures and input. I think I'm going to lower mine to the middle setting in anticipation of picking up my 398M after the new year. As I noted in another post, we pulled the trigger on a 2022 model that the dealer was motivated to sell. We had a few things that we wanted done to it before we picked it up, but with the holidays we got delayed on until after the new year. Getting very excited!
    @FT4NOW - what was your first impression with towing with your setup?

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by clange View Post
    Thank y'all for the pics and the insight. The middle setting looks to be just the right setting based on your pictures and input. I think I'm going to lower mine to the middle setting in anticipation of picking up my 398M after the new year. As I noted in another post, we pulled the trigger on a 2022 model that the dealer was motivated to sell. We had a few things that we wanted done to it before we picked it up, but with the holidays we got delayed on until after the new year. Getting very excited!
    @FT4NOW - what was your first impression with towing with your setup?
    Towing was much better than I expected. I came from a Curt Q25 hitch with my 399, and it always clunked when I stopped or started moving. There is absolutely none of this with the companion hitch. I also expected it to be rough with the Rhino Box, since it isn't cushioned and it doesn't pivot, but overall it was a pretty good ride. We've gone about 500 miles with it so far, and no complaints on the towing.
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    Towing was much better than I expected. I came from a Curt Q25 hitch with my 399, and it always clunked when I stopped or started moving. There is absolutely none of this with the companion hitch. I also expected it to be rough with the Rhino Box, since it isn't cushioned and it doesn't pivot, but overall it was a pretty good ride. We've gone about 500 miles with it so far, and no complaints on the towing.
    Great to hear! That makes me excited to get ours and see how it pulls. I'm still leaning towards a Morryde pin box if there's a compatible version.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    @clange Picked up our 398 today, medium height on the hitch worked perfect, left me with about 8" bed rail clearance. Attachment 44197
    Looks like an awesome rig. I bet it pulls amazing with that Duramax truck combo.....
    40+ Year Camping Enthusiast--Living in CO
    2022 GMC Sierra 3500 AT4 CC-LB D-Max Payload 3865#--- 5000 Air Springs w/Wireless Comp
    2022 GD Reflection 303RLS-- 565 watts of solar/560aH of LIPO4 batteries, 2000w inverter,
    DC Starllink- Comfort Ride Shock System and Lippert Air Pin Box

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by COGrandDes View Post
    Looks like an awesome rig. I bet it pulls amazing with that Duramax truck combo.....
    Thanks! It does pull great, and the 10 speed with exhaust brake was great for some of the downhill grades going from TN on the way to SC. The grades up and down ranged from 6 - 8%, and I thought the truck performed well in both conditions. I have the TBC set at 5.5 which seems pretty good as well.
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12