User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Carolina Carport RV cover with lean to...

Just got our 18x40x14 RV cover for our Momentum 31G with 12x30x11 lean to for our Haulmark Edge race trailer installed this week. 6 weeks from order to install. Bigger than we needed at this point but we decided to buy once and cry once just in case we ever went to a bigger toy hauler. Super excited to get this up and done. Total cost for the building was $9611.32. Pad work was a little less than $4000.00. Very impressed with the quality of the building from Carolina Carports in Emory, Tx. It is 140 mph and 35 lbs/sq.ft snow load certified. 19 -2' rebar pins and 8- 30" auger type mobile home anchors secure the structure to the pad. The crew was great. They worked well into the darkness to get it up but still took time to make sure everything was exactly right. Total build time for 5 guys was 6 hours. Check the time lapse below.

Time lapse video of the build...

https://youtu.be/Bg6jPA8cckQ

Last edited by TerryH; 09-01-2022 at 03:02 PM.
    2021 Momentum 31G
    2021 20' Haulmark Edge race trailer
    '17 Ram CCLB 3500 dually 6.7 turbo
    '96 Chevy C3500 CC dually 454
    2019 Honda Talon X
    1985 Honda FL350R Odyssey

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks very nice. We had a Carolina Carport installed in 2020 and were also very pleased with the install and carport.
    2019 2970RL
    2020 F250

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We also installed a Carolina carport and are very satisfied.
    The installation crew was amazing, each worker knew exactly what he was supposed to do
    and the install took a little over 3 hours from arrival to finished.
    Bob A.
    Bob & Alice
    2020 Ram 3500 Limited Megacab SRW Aisin
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 2450RL
    ProPride 3P 1400 lb. bars WDH
    Micro Air easy start, Goodyear Endurance Load rated "E" Tires
    Titan 50 gallon diesel replacement tank
    Previous: 2019 Ram 1500 Limited

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had a similar one installed (different company). We also upgraded for the wind protection, it's pretty breezy up here on the hilltop.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Little update to the RV cover. We used shade tarps from Harbor Freight to help keep the sun off both trailers. Worked out really well. Simple deal to do.

2021 Momentum 31G
    2019 Honda Talon X

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks great! Congrats. I almost went that route, but opted for an Amish built structure.
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @TerryH Is the 14' height the vertical portion before the roof starts? Only asking because we are considering buying some land to put one of these on it when I retire from the Navy and live in the RV until we eventually build a house. We have a 5th wheel that is 13' 5" and I'm trying to see if I need 14' or 16' for the height so I can figure out pricing and all that.
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    @TerryH Is the 14' height the vertical portion before the roof starts? Only asking because we are considering buying some land to put one of these on it when I retire from the Navy and live in the RV until we eventually build a house. We have a 5th wheel that is 13' 5" and I'm trying to see if I need 14' or 16' for the height so I can figure out pricing and all that.
    The walls are 14'. You have about 15' clearance if you leave the gable ends open. I opted for the enclosed gables on both ends. They make the structure much stronger. It took the entire crew to stand up those gable ends. 2 guys did the rest of them by themselves. That's how much they add to the structure. Got the 14' side walls so there would be no issue if we moved up to a taller 5th wheel and still be able to get on the roof inside the structure when needed.

BTW...I used this garage design software to figure out how I wanted it to be then just sent that to the Carolina Carport guy and he priced it from them. Much cheaper from them that any others that I tried.

https://garagebuildings.sensei3d.com...ODMyNy4wLjAuMA..

Using that link you end up with a 3D model of the structure. Can turn it around etc... Pretty cool to be able to see it like that.

Here's a pic of the extra bracing in the enclosed gable. Well worth the extra dollars in my book.

Last edited by TerryH; 03-04-2023 at 09:52 AM.
    2021 Momentum 31G
    2019 Honda Talon X

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That looks awesome! Great job. We tried to use these guys and nearly settled on everything, but then the wonderful state of California wouldn’t let’s us install because the installers were not licensed in my city. Bummer. Ended up building my own which I am sure cost way more cause of CA codes. Your shed looks awesome and I love that lean tool! It adds so much versatility.

Great job!

Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TerryH View Post
    The walls are 14'. You have about 15' clearance if you leave the gable ends open. I opted for the enclosed gables on both ends. They make the structure much stronger. It took the entire crew to stand up those gable ends. 2 guys did the rest of them by themselves. That's how much they add to the structure. Got the 14' side walls so there would be no issue if we moved up to a taller 5th wheel and still be able to get on the roof inside the structure when needed.

BTW...I used this garage design software to figure out how I wanted it to be then just sent that to the Carolina Carport guy and he priced it from them. Much cheaper from them that any others that I tried.

https://garagebuildings.sensei3d.com...ODMyNy4wLjAuMA..

Using that link you end up with a 3D model of the structure. Can turn it around etc... Pretty cool to be able to see it like that.

Here's a pic of the extra bracing in the enclosed gable. Well worth the extra dollars in my book.

Good info, thanks. I'll play around with the garage software and see how it goes.
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast