User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DougW9876 View Post
    When I click that link I get ‘Sorry, no matches”. When I search for “Michigan” I get 20 pages of results that I spent half an hour going through without finding anything relevant. I get no matches when I try to search using advanced search to try thread titles only. I don’t see an option to search only in the Trip Planning Forum. I am most assuredly no idiot when it comes to computers, I just don’t seem to have any luck with the search on this site.

If you have some tricks to share, please do.
    I didn't work for me either lol.. search Upper Peninsula and you should get some results. I had tried the UP and U P and got nothing. But knew there were a few out there. This is a search I just did https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/sear...archid=2548089 lets see how long the link works. Worked in the preview window.
    Last edited by WhittleBurner; 03-16-2023 at 07:18 AM.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    I didn't work for me either lol.. search Upper Peninsula and you should get some results. I had tried the UP and U P and got nothing. But knew there were a few out there. This is a search I just did https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/sear...archid=2548089 lets see how long the link works. Worked in the preview window.
    That link already died.

I did find how to search within a specific forum. Go to FORUMS, scroll down to the forum you want to search and open it. Just below the page count and above the dark heading there is a grey bar, on the right side of this bar in small print it says “Search Forum”, I clicked that and a dialog box opened. I searched for Michigan and got 83 hits. That will be a manageable number of posts to go through.
    2022 Reflection150 226RK
    2022 F150 Powerboost hybrid with 3.5L Ecoboost

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Following for future visit as well.
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)
    720w solar, 100/50 Victron scc

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We live in Michigan. uwskier covered most, but I would add:

Sault Ste. Marie
    Fayette
    Canyon falls roadside park.
    Black river harbor area (falls and copper peak ski jump - you may be able to go up if open)

Tahquamenon, Pictured Rocks National Park, Copper Harbor (Keweenaw Peninsula), Porcupine Mts. are all a must!

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I forgot to mention, bring the skeeter and tick spray! Watch out for the flies - black, deer, HORSE. They'll eat ya alive up dare hey.
    Last edited by CCJUNTUNEN; 03-25-2023 at 02:55 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Go to NPS.gov (National Park Service), and they will list by state all National Parks, National Monuments, Historic Places, etc. Then go to Michigan.gov for State Parks. Then city chamber of commerce.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CCJUNTUNEN View Post

Sault Ste. Marie
    Fayette
    Black river harbor area (falls and copper peak ski jump - you may be able to go up if open)

Tahquamenon, Pictured Rocks National Park, Copper Harbor (Keweenaw Peninsula), Porcupine Mts. are all a must!
    I don’t see any specific attraction to Fayette, is there something special there or is it special because there is nothing there?

The other suggestions are being added to the proposed tip plan.

Thanks.
    2022 Reflection150 226RK
    2022 F150 Powerboost hybrid with 3.5L Ecoboost

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CCJUNTUNEN View Post

Sault Ste. Marie
    Fayette

Black river harbor was one of the best hikes. After you see all the falls from the road side, the hike out of the harbor takes you to views that are aesome and beat any roadside stop ! Not an easy or short hike so you need good shoes and water, maybe some energy snacks.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am trying to plan our summer trip and the UP (Upper Peninsula) is on the list for this year. So far I have some stops planned, it looks like most of the things to do up there are outdoor related with sightseeing or hiking being popular activities. We don’t do much hiking as my arthritis prevents going very far. Just looking for ideas from those who have been there as to where to go and what see and what to do. We will have 6 weeks available.
    Grew up in Northern Wisconsin so know a little about Yooper land.

Kitch-Iti-Kipi (The Big Spring) near Manistique.

Bond Falls near Paulding and, if there's still access, Paulding lights (google this one.)

As mentioned earlier, Porcupine mountains are great as well.

If you are a rock hound, Yooperlite's (google this one as well) along the shores of lake Superior.

It is an absolute must for mosquito repellant and check for ticks if out in the woods.
    Tim & Lori
    2016 Ford F-350 SRW 6.7L Platinum/60 gal Titan tank
    2018 Reflection 307 MKS
    Anderson Ultimate Hitch
    Haloview MC7108 rear and side cameras
    TST 507 4 Sensor Tire Monitoring System with Color Display

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am trying to plan our summer trip and the UP (Upper Peninsula) is on the list for this year. So far I have some stops planned, it looks like most of the things to do up there are outdoor related with sightseeing or hiking being popular activities. We don’t do much hiking as my arthritis prevents going very far. Just looking for ideas from those who have been there as to where to go and what see and what to do. We will have 6 weeks available.
    I work in MI quite a bit, last year I was able to drive the Tunnel Of Trees during the fall when the leaves were changing, also took a drive over the Mackinaw(spelling?) bridge. I would recommend both. If you have time I would see the House On The Hill in WI if you can get there. I must admit I am ignorant of other things to do on the UP.
    Phillip
    2021 F250 King Ranch 6.7L PS SRW SB CC 4x4 Tremor, 35k inverter, 60gal S&B tank.
    2019 312 BHTS, MORyde CRE300, five leaf 6k leafsprings , MORyde heavy duty shackles.
    Non Destructive Examiner- Oilfield Trash

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast