User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2022 Imagine 2400BH (Brand New) Leak and Exposed seals

Purchased brand new 2022 on Christmas Eve 2022. Parked camper at storage center and went to investigate camper on February 26th. Walked into the camper and found water and ice on the floor. After further investigation we found water/ice on the slide roof and water running down the slide out along the internal wood trim. Also found day light and holes on the side of the bottom seals. Pictures available. Called General RV and have appointment scheduled. Any suggestions on how to proceed. We are deeply concerned about water damage on brand new unit, which has never been used. In addition, a creaking noise is around the toilet area. When you step on the floor, it creeks, as if floor has lifted. If anyone has suggestions on how to proceed, please let me know. Thank you, deeply concerned new owner.
    ------------------------------------------------
    2022 Imagine 2400BH
    Equal-i-zer hitch
    2021 Silverado 1500 Custom 4x4 2.7L

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The creak in the floor could be the supply line to the toilet
    Every time a walked in the bath I would here this noise and it was driving me crazy
    It ended up being the supply line to toilet rubbing on the plastic grommet through the wall
    I just stuffed a piece of TP around it and fixed it
    Check there. The floors will flex some. Just how they are made unfortunately
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you, I'll take a look at that.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by csternfels View Post
    Purchased brand new 2022 on Christmas Eve 2022. Parked camper at storage center and went to investigate camper on February 26th. Walked into the camper and found water and ice on the floor. After further investigation we found water/ice on the slide roof and water running down the slide out along the internal wood trim. Also found day light and holes on the side of the bottom seals. Pictures available. Called General RV and have appointment scheduled. Any suggestions on how to proceed. We are deeply concerned about water damage on brand new unit, which has never been used. In addition, a creaking noise is around the toilet area. When you step on the floor, it creeks, as if floor has lifted. If anyone has suggestions on how to proceed, please let me know. Thank you, deeply concerned new owner.
    For any and all warranty issues. Take lots of pictures.....they are date stamped. Document well. Be courteous but firm. Send pics and document by email to the service department with delivery receipt and read receipt. Call the same day notifying your contact what you have done. If the issues are not resolved you can forward to GD and they will deal with the dealer. Fortunately we have a super dealer in Ontario that we have worked with.

Good Luck
    Pierre & Tara

2021 Imagine 2600RB
    2020 GMC Sierra SLE 1500
    1200/12000 Equalizer Hitch

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update on our 2400BH and General RV. I received a phone call on Monday 3/13/23 from our technician liaison stating the following. Hey Chris, (NAME LEFT OUT) here from General RV. Just wanted to call you let you know about what we found. We found definitely got everything that we had talked about, but just want to let you know we send it in for approval. They're going to tell us how to fix it and what they'll pay us to do. So, so that's what we're waiting on right now, but just want to let you know where we stood and should be like a day or two maybe before I know more and then I can give you a whole lot more information about parts and what not and how long it'll take to get back to you. So if you have any questions, my number here (NUMBER LEFT OUT) extension ####. Thanks.
    Well... I didn't hear back and I was worried. I called and left message on 3/17/23 and 3/18/23 and emailed on 3/17/23 inquiring. On Monday 3/20/23 I received an automated phone call Monday 3/20/23 stating my parts were in. I was then transferred to a receptionist who informed me of change in my liaison. I thought well that explains the no answer or return call or email. The new liaison called me later that afternoon and informed the part that came in was for the wheel skirt that was broken by overtightened screws. I then asked about the water leak and the liaison stated that we needed to purchase slide toppers for our slide. I was a little taken back, as I was already under the impression from the voicemail they found the source of my leak. I explained that to our new technician and they stated they will have to look into it again and get back to me. Of course I had to re-explain the whole concern. I don't find it normal for a camper that has not even been used yet, not even the slide out, leaking water into the camper. The water froze the carpeting inside and puddled on the floor on and near the slide out. We will have to see what the new response will be this week. It's only Tuesday. I'm going in optimistic, but need to know if anyone has any suggestions. Do I reach to manufacturer? My family and I have our first trip planned for the first week of May. I'm hopeful.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by csternfels View Post
    Update on our 2400BH and General RV. I received a phone call on Monday 3/13/23 from our technician liaison stating the following. Hey Chris, (NAME LEFT OUT) here from General RV. Just wanted to call you let you know about what we found. We found definitely got everything that we had talked about, but just want to let you know we send it in for approval. They're going to tell us how to fix it and what they'll pay us to do. So, so that's what we're waiting on right now, but just want to let you know where we stood and should be like a day or two maybe before I know more and then I can give you a whole lot more information about parts and what not and how long it'll take to get back to you. So if you have any questions, my number here (NUMBER LEFT OUT) extension ####. Thanks.
    Well... I didn't hear back and I was worried. I called and left message on 3/17/23 and 3/18/23 and emailed on 3/17/23 inquiring. On Monday 3/20/23 I received an automated phone call Monday 3/20/23 stating my parts were in. I was then transferred to a receptionist who informed me of change in my liaison. I thought well that explains the no answer or return call or email. The new liaison called me later that afternoon and informed the part that came in was for the wheel skirt that was broken by overtightened screws. I then asked about the water leak and the liaison stated that we needed to purchase slide toppers for our slide. I was a little taken back, as I was already under the impression from the voicemail they found the source of my leak. I explained that to our new technician and they stated they will have to look into it again and get back to me. Of course I had to re-explain the whole concern. I don't find it normal for a camper that has not even been used yet, not even the slide out, leaking water into the camper. The water froze the carpeting inside and puddled on the floor on and near the slide out. We will have to see what the new response will be this week. It's only Tuesday. I'm going in optimistic, but need to know if anyone has any suggestions. Do I reach to manufacturer? My family and I have our first trip planned for the first week of May. I'm hopeful.
    Can you post pics?

From your description, it sounds like there is a leak along the top of the slide that is letting water in. That water is then running across the slide "roof," along the trim, and down to the floor.

That is obviously just a guess based on description, but it seems logical.

Floor creaking could be a number of things including warping due to humidity if enough water came in.
    James and Dawn
    2019 F150 SCREW 3.5EB 6.5' - Haloview MC7109; Cooper AT3 LTX; Sumo Springs; ProPride WDH

2021 Imagine 2400BH - GY Endurance 225/75-15; MORryde CRE3000, HD shackles and wet bolts, X-factor crossmembers

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Adding slide toppers will not fix a leak. Slide toppers are optional and have nothing to do with your issue.
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it is time you reach out to Grand Design with your leak and concerns about the dealer not addressing the issue.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Things I take away from this:
    1. No way there should be a leak from the factory - period. If there is, it's on them to fix it, no matter where it is or what caused it, excepting of course if caused by the owner.
    2. Slide toppers would likely not fix anything, as stated previously. Also, even if it would, it's on them still. If you need toppers, they need to supply them, but again it won't do anything for the issue. I don't have toppers, nor do I have water infiltration.
    3. As Marcy stated above, call Grand Design. Don't wait any longer. Waiting will just delay the repairs.
    Also, was your slide in or out while in storage? That might help to point to the right places to look for ALL issues. No matter, as there should NOT be water inside the camper with the slide deployed or not deployed.
    Please keep us posted.
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Call GD Customer Service ASAP, that leak is not right and not your fault. You don't want additional damage building up from the leak. Don't wait, call today!
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast