User Tag List

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where did you mount your Starlink Router? etc

Getting ready to order Starlink for my RLS337. i hear that most people are mounting the Starlink router in the pass-through bay... any particular place?
    I am assuming that it is powerful enough for all of the inside of the RV?

I guess I plan on running the wiring through the hole in the floor where I pass my water hose through... correct?

Also.... for starting out, I will just try to use the stand that comes with the unit... but will most likely get a "Harbor Freight" pole and ladder mount at some point...

Anything else I may need to order, like an extra spare cable?... and what length should I order? and are there any 'cable spools' that you would recommend for winding up the cable when traveling?

Any help is greatly appreciated.... looking forward to using Starlink rather than depending on my Wingard 360 plus Gateway with VZW...
    Cowboychincs
    2021 Grand Design Reflection 337 RLS
    2021 Ford F-350 6.7L Diesel Platinum
    Castle Rock, CO

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboychincs View Post
    Getting ready to order Starlink for my RLS337. i hear that most people are mounting the Starlink router in the pass-through bay... any particular place?
    I am assuming that it is powerful enough for all of the inside of the RV?

I guess I plan on running the wiring through the hole in the floor where I pass my water hose through... correct?

Also.... for starting out, I will just try to use the stand that comes with the unit... but will most likely get a "Harbor Freight" pole and ladder mount at some point...

Anything else I may need to order, like an extra spare cable?... and what length should I order? and are there any 'cable spools' that you would recommend for winding up the cable when traveling?

Any help is greatly appreciated.... looking forward to using Starlink rather than depending on my Wingard 360 plus Gateway with VZW...
    We placed the router behind the pass through wall out of the way. Brought out the power and signal cables over the wall. Plugged the power cord into the outlet in the bay. Great signal throughout the trailer.

We have the 150 ft cable and it is wrapped around a couple of hooks mounted to the wall. Most time we only use a small portion so it is zip ties at the length needed to reach the antenna.

The antenna is mounted on the roof at the rear using the Starlink base and t channel, works good for most places we camp. For our summer sojourn to Cortez where there are numerous tall trees we will probably have to use most of the 150 ft!

Len

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Len, thanks tons for the reply.... that helps... one last question for you... what length of cable comes with the Starlink? How easy/hard is it to remove the pass through wall to mount he router? I've never removed the wall.... thx
    Cowboychincs
    2021 Grand Design Reflection 337 RLS
    2021 Ford F-350 6.7L Diesel Platinum
    Castle Rock, CO

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Len, thanks tons for the reply.... that helps... one last question for you... what length of cable comes with the Starlink? How easy/hard is it to remove the pass through wall to mount he router? I've never removed the wall.... thx
    Our Starlink came with 75 ft cable. The "wall" is thin plywood held in place with a few screws (in our 2018 303RLS) top and bottom. I did not mount the router, just placed it in the mess of wires and pipes...it looks very comfortable!

Can't wait for the big test in Mancos in June.

Len

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    According to Starlink, it now ships with a 50ft cable.

https://www.starlink.com/specifications
    2003 Ford F250 6.0 CC 4wd SB
    2016 Reflection 27RL
    1999 Keystone Sprinter 27FWBHGL (SOLD)

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scousers View Post
    We placed the router behind the pass through wall out of the way. Brought out the power and signal cables over the wall. Plugged the power cord into the outlet in the bay. Great signal throughout the trailer.

We have the 150 ft cable and it is wrapped around a couple of hooks mounted to the wall. Most time we only use a small portion so it is zip ties at the length needed to reach the antenna.

The antenna is mounted on the roof at the rear using the Starlink base and t channel, works good for most places we camp. For our summer sojourn to Cortez where there are numerous tall trees we will probably have to use most of the 150 ft!

Len
    Never thought of that. I keep mine on the valance at the desk. Excuse the mess. I'm breaking down to leave tomorrow. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20230324_212155-01.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	96.8 KB 
ID:	45539
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I ordered a 3D printed wall mount from Etsy for the starlink router so I can keep it permanently mounted in the pass through storage.
    2019 Grand Design Imagine 2670MK
    Pro Pride 3P #1400
    2024 F-350 Lariat Crew Cab Shortbed, 4110 payload.
    6.7 Diesel, Ult Lariat, 5th wheel prep, Block heater, iconic Silver.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since we use our starlink is both our 5th wheel in the winter, and Truck camper during fishing trips in the summer, we keep the router in the basement of 5th wheel with cable coming up thru the water hose pass thru. I have a roof mount on the RV.

The truck camper, haven't owned starlink long enough to figure out where I'll put the router. I'll cross that bridge prior to our first 10-day fishing trip in June.
    2021 310GK-R - MorRyde suspension and pin box. Sumo Springs. Solar, 7k axles.
    2019 Lance 1062 Truck Camper, 2 slides.
    2021 F350 Lariat DRW 4x4 6.7 diesel, 10 speed auto, 3.55 diff-48 gallon fuel capacity
    2000 F350 XLT HD SRW 2WD 7.3L diesel, 6-speed manual trans, 3.73 diff - Firestone Airbags-Bilstein Shocks. 82 gallon fuel capacity

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone use the hitch mount flag pole holder - moving in a breeze might cause some performance problems? Curious about the roof mounts as we've stayed in some parks surrounded by trees (Custer for instance) which overhang the RV. I can understand some reasons why putting it on the ground in a tight campground may not be the best idea.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ajg617 View Post
    Anyone use the hitch mount flag pole holder - moving in a breeze might cause some performance problems? Curious about the roof mounts as we've stayed in some parks surrounded by trees (Custer for instance) which overhang the RV. I can understand some reasons why putting it on the ground in a tight campground may not be the best idea.
    Nope, this is what I did. I have a write up on here for it.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20230416_134050-01.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	42.0 KB 
ID:	45866
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel