Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Pulling wires?

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pulling wires?

I have a Solitude 377MBS that I have recently upgraded a battery bank and put in an inverter. All of this is in the front compartment. I do not have a generator and the batteries are in their own vented to the outside box away from inverter. I also wired in a Victron battery monitor. I would like to put a remote switch for the inverter and the battery monitor display up with my other controls. I have looked at best way to run from front to control panel and have not come up with a great route that I can see as semi easy accessible. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Right now it looks like I may need to drop underbelly cover but would really rather not. Thanks. Tom

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it a route that you could access with one of these?

https://www.lowes.com/pd/IDEAL-60-ft...ape/1000229767

I haven't used mine in the RV, but used it many times pulling cables in our houses.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    Is it a route that you could access with one of these?

https://www.lowes.com/pd/IDEAL-60-ft...ape/1000229767

I haven't used mine in the RV, but used it many times pulling cables in our houses.

Rob
    Fish tape, like the one you pointed out, work great for between the studs, not so great pulling wire across (or through) studs. As part of my job in IT, over the years, is/was to pull ethernet cable.

Quote Originally Posted by tyates007 View Post
    I have a Solitude 377MBS that I have recently upgraded a battery bank and put in an inverter. All of this is in the front compartment. I do not have a generator and the batteries are in their own vented to the outside box away from inverter. I also wired in a Victron battery monitor. I would like to put a remote switch for the inverter and the battery monitor display up with my other controls. I have looked at best way to run from front to control panel and have not come up with a great route that I can see as semi easy accessible. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Right now it looks like I may need to drop underbelly cover but would really rather not. Thanks. Tom
    A few suggestions.
    1. Try to find a wire run that is going in the direction you want the new wire to go. In your car, it might be along the curling l ceiling of the basement, behind the back basement wall, and up throughout the floor, in the wall where the control panel or monitor will go. You will probably need a fish tape for that.

Unfortunately, without seeing your coach myself, all I can give is general advice.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the quick replies. I will look more closely through the basement to see if I can use a fish tape or not. If not I may just route them straight up into the bedroom and put in the closet. Guaranteed there is a way 🙂

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I ran the remote for the inverter through the basement to the bottom of the pantry. The battery monitor has bluetooth so you can put the monitor near the batteries and us your phone app to monitor the batteries.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2019 Ford F350 6.7L Lariat DRW
    B&W Companion OEM hitch
    2020 Solitude 310GK