User Tag List

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveMatthewsBand View Post
    First, ease up on the caffeine, second, I can use Google and find 120 websites that say Brad Pitt is an alien lizard man.
    The sticker on your truck is the best method to find what that vehicle can tow.
    Sorry, I type really fast, apparently faster than I can think and things come out all wrong. I really need to start proof reading stuff before I reply. Thnx for putting me in my place.
    2017 Ram 3500 DRW 6.7l 4x4 regular cab 3.73 gears 68rfe trans. Payload 6255lbs
    2016 Reflection 337rls

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stimpack View Post
    Sorry, I type really fast, apparently faster than I can think and things come out all wrong. I really need to start proof reading stuff before I reply. Thnx for putting me in my place.
    Hey it's cool, I type 90 wpm so I know how you feel.
    I routinely spend 10 minutes proofing and editing every post because they usually start out as complete gibberish.

Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks again everyone. Now I just have to decide if I want listen to a V8 scream again, which is why I bought an ecoboost, or want gobs of extra power on the low end, which is why I bought an ecoboost.

I'm going to miss my ecoboost. Great engine for the 150. I have a feeling I'll be trying hard to convince the missus that the extra $10k is worth it.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Real payload #'s for 3/4 and 1 tons

Quote Originally Posted by pilotpip View Post
    Thanks again everyone. Now I just have to decide if I want listen to a V8 scream again, which is why I bought an ecoboost...
    Most people associate a screaming engine with high revs. Doesn’t an ecoboost rev much higher than a diesel under load?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Probably a little, I rarely see above 3000rpm even if I'm standing on it. The torque curve on these things is very similar to a diesel.

I'm really happy I don't have that stupid feature on newer ones that pumps engine noise into the cab. Dumb.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveMatthewsBand View Post
    Most people associate a screaming engine with high revs. Doesn’t an ecoboost rev much higher than a diesel under load?
    I tow at 60 MPH and 2100 RPM in 5th gear. This seems to be a "sweet spot" for this engine because it is into the boosted power band and takes care of minor grades without downshifting. Letting the engine upshift to 6th would mean running at about 1700 RPM but noise and fuel consumption are not much different.

The "diesel shaped" torque curve referenced by pilotpip can be seen on the attached graph. This shows the low end torque developed by the Ecoboost turbo chargers (same reason diesels have turbo chargers) that other normally aspirated engines do not have.

This graph shows why the alternative towing engine in the F150 (the 5.0L V8) is really not in the same game.

Rob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image1.jpeg  
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I considered going to a newer 150 with higher payload than my 13 longbed because it's low. But a super duty is going to tow better and depending on payload, I should have plenty left for my ATV to go in the bed when needed.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I considered going to a newer 150 with higher payload than my 13 longbed because it's low. But a super duty is going to tow better and depending on payload, I should have plenty left for my ATV to go in the bed when needed.
    I agree that the Super Duty would be a wise investment. I feel that the half ton truck in general having a prominent role as family “truckster” for the white collar crowd has changed the platform. Not trying to offend any white collar or half ton folks out there (I’m just a former white collar guy with a four year business degree who started a remodeling business and got in touch with his blue collar side) I realize that half ton trucks are still very capable but there are a lot of design considerations for comfort of ride, etc. that may negatively impact capability. RAM is running an ad with the talk radio station I frequent in Louisville plugging their new half ton and all they discuss is leg room, the 12” touch screen and 57% more leather in the seats. No mention of horse power, torque, towing ability, payload capacity etc. Would leave me scratching my head if it weren’t for the fact that I believe the target market for the half ton truck platform has changed.

In our remodeling business we just sold at auction the last F-150 we owned as it was trashed and needed more repairs than I felt like having done. Our sales guy was driving it and I must add it had a lot of miles. Have him in an F-250 6.2 liter gas truck now. All the field guys have been in 3/4 ton or better trucks for several years. Just my opinion here.
    The Adams - 2017 Reflection 367BHS, 2019 F-350 6.7L PSD 4x4 CC DRW, B&W hitch on Ford pucks, Air Lift Loadlifter 5000 Ultimate Plus air bags, "Rupert" the Weimaraner.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really don't want to give up my F-150. I love it. I traded in a 2005 ram crew cab and the difference is night and day. I had tons of problems with the dodge and between issues with the truck and the local dealers, they'll never get a dime of my money again. At the time I had a second kid on the way, and the ford cab was the only one that let us do 2 rear facing seats. If we didn't want a travel trailer over 5000 pounds I'd be keeping it and putting another 70,000-100,000 miles on it before I even think about a new one. While not using it for work, I probably use it as a truck more than the average joe.

Honestly, I know it would tow a 2400BH or its competitors, but I work in a field where weight is critical (hence the "pilot" in my screen name), and I can't in good conscious put my family in the truck knowing I'll be over one of those posted numbers. Put me in the weight police category. I'm cool with it.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really don't want to give up my F-150. I love it. I traded in a 2005 ram crew cab and the difference is night and day. I had tons of problems with the dodge and between issues with the truck and the local dealers, they'll never get a dime of my money again. At the time I had a second kid on the way, and the ford cab was the only one that let us do 2 rear facing seats. If we didn't want a travel trailer over 5000 pounds I'd be keeping it and putting another 70,000-100,000 miles on it before I even think about a new one. While not using it for work, I probably use it as a truck more than the average joe.

Honestly, I know it would tow a 2400BH or its competitors, but I work in a field where weight is critical (hence the "pilot" in my screen name), and I can't in good conscious put my family in the truck knowing I'll be over one of those posted numbers. Put me in the weight police category. I'm cool with it.
    Pilotpip,

I don’t fly for a living but I’ve logged 3,000 hours of PIC much of it in IMC. My wife has over 1,000 hrs of PIC.

Do yourself a favor and skip the F250 for a F350. It’s worth the extra $900 for an additional 1000+#s of usefull load (payload)

I went from towing a 2800BH with my 2016 F150XLT w/3.5l EB. I loved the truck. At times when towing it was like flying a J3 cub with aft CG in gusty windy conditions and trying to land it with a hefty cross wind.

I traded the F150XLT in on a 2017 F350 and recently took delivery of a special ordered 2019 F350 CCSB Lariat Ultimate Diesel (My BIL bought my F150XLT from the dealer for trade in price at the same time). I only towed the 2800BH once to trailer dealer with a F45, to trade it in on a Reflection 337RLS. The difference towing the 2800BH with the F350 was like flying a Lear 55. Point and go, solid, stable.

I special ordered my 2019 F350 exactly like I wanted it. BTW if you join EAA there’s a 60 day membership requirement to qualify for X-plan BUT they have an additional $750 discount that doesn’t require a wait. You can use the $750 with or without X-plan. So join for $40 and get $750 coupon. Click following link https://www.fordspecialoffer.com/ecoupons/?context=EAA and receive the coupon via email. You will need to show EAA membership to dealer to activate the coupon.

After buying the last 6 F-series trucks off dealer lots I special ordered my current 2019 F350. All my previous trucks had some compromise

My ordered 2019 and for me It’s perfectly optioned. No sunroof to leak, fail or reduce headroom no painted bumpers to pit and no chrome package. You can now get a Lariat Ultimate without a sunroof where in the past it was part of the Ultimate package.

I didn’t want sun roof so that ruled out heavy optioned KR, platinum or limited.

The best option is Adaptive Cruise Control
    LED headlights are significant improvement over the standard headlights on dark unlit roads.
    Memory power driver seat works great. Without it I could not get into my truck after my wife set the seats.
    Tailgate step is a must. (I’m 6’ and my wife “is not”. She needed rudder pedal extensions to fly our 182RG)

The only option that doesn’t have value to me is the lane keeping alert, but it was part of the tow technology pkg which includes adapfive steering and the 360 camera which have value.

Here’s what I ordered
    2019 F350 CCSB
    Diesel engine
    18” A/T BSW tires
    3.31 E-lock rear
    FX-4
    Power running boards
    Rapid heat supplemental heater - even in Florida it’s worth it
    Adaptive Cruise - Best option on the truck
    5th Wheel Prep
    Quad Beam LED headlights
    Roof Clearance lights
    Blind Spot Info System
    Upfitter switches
    Dual Extra Heavy Duty Alternator
    Universal Garage Door Opener
    Tow Technology Bundle
    Lariat Ultimate Package
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast