Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hopeful future GD owner

Camping history is tent, backpacking, tent trailer, Northern Lite slide in.

Most recently spent 30 days in tent in Oct 2020.

Still working full time, ARG! Good thing is with internet, I can work from anywhere.

Goals:
    - Trailer needs to be comfortable for me wife and 2 dogs.
    - I camp all 4 seasons in CO, so understanding how to make this work will be important as it get subzero.
    - Privacy for teleconferences and other telephonic work.
    - Able to hit some back roads, likely look at HD springs and minor lift (trying to limit myself to 26' trailer).
    - Like to have a very capable solar system for extended times off grid.
    - Need a way to wife easily in/out, she struggles with normal tread stairs (not walker friendly).
    - Would like to find a used trailer, don't want to take "hit" on first adventure into trailer. Boy the 2021 sure look nice in the pics!

Top of the list at present are:
    - Imagine 2250RK (would be a bit small and not much privacy)
    - Imagine 2670MK (nice desk to work at on opposite end of trailer from bed room)
    - Some of the BH designs and rework the BH to be a work area (seems wasteful, since all seem to have kitchen there).

TV = 1997 Ford F-350 7.3 PSD.

I will contribute to the site via a one year membership, is it correct that payment goes to to "Social Knowledge, LLC"?

Brian

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by briand View Post

Still working full time, ARG! Good thing is with internet, I can work from anywhere.

Goals:
    - I camp all 4 seasons in CO, so understanding how to make this work will be important as it get subzero.
    - Able to hit some back roads, likely look at HD springs and minor lift (trying to limit myself to 26' trailer).
    - Need a way to wife easily in/out, she struggles with normal tread stairs (not walker friendly).
    - Would like to find a used trailer, don't want to take "hit" on first adventure into trailer. Boy the 2021 sure look nice in the pics!

- Imagine 2670MK (nice desk to work at on opposite end of trailer from bed room)
    - Some of the BH designs and rework the BH to be a work area (seems wasteful, since all seem to have kitchen there).

I will contribute to the site via a one year membership, is it correct that payment goes to to "Social Knowledge, LLC"?

Brian
    Hi Brian and a future welcome. [emoji6] Whats your budget? What about a toy hauler, you could turn that into an office?

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was hoping to keep the trailer capped at 30k, which may be hard with a GD. I don't really wish to finance, but I may. I can always put it on my HELOC.

Probably the biggest attraction to the GD product line is quality and how homey they seem. I hope to see a few in person next weekend.

For a first trailer, this one needs to have a place that I can work for up to a month or so. Then, I will likely need to get my wife back near home for Dr appointments and such. I am basically testing the water to see how we manage.

I have ruled out the toy haulers, just because a lot of the trailer is setup not as comfy as the GD and if you want a real comfy one, then the size is going to be impractical for me, at least until I am more of a full timer. But you are right, the lifting mechanisms would be great for a sit/stand office and privacy.

Love your setup, BTW, if it had a "hard wall" I would move on something that size, thus my other choices at this time.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you looked at the frame? Another post noted an owner's intent to take their Imagine over some rough non-paved roads and several posters noted that the light-duty frame and suspension were not up for anything other than gentle off-road use. I have an Imagin on order and am now looking at a beefier frame on the "Outside RV" line. Would love more feedback from owners taking their units on washboard roads and roads that have some small washouts and canted slopes.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by briand View Post

Still working full time, ARG! Good thing is with internet, I can work from anywhere.==

Goals:

Brian
    Welcome.

We have a 2500RL . It’s got a very open plan. As far as the steps, I would get portable ramps which you could store in the truck bed or under in the pass through. We use our ramps to wheel down our generator ( Westinghouse/ Cummins 4500 dual fuel )

https://www.amazon.com/Goplus-Alumin...xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==
    Donna and Dave
    Annapolis, Maryland
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2500RL / Dodge Ram Longhorn 2500 6.4 Hemi
    350 W Newapower Solar: 3000 Victron Inverter/ Charger: Firefly Oasis carbon foam AGM