Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Slide out alarm.

I am new to the RV world. I have set up my rig several times. The last time
    I put my slides out, I received an alarm. I pulled it back in several inches
    and the alarm quit. I checked the RV for proper level and it was level. I took
    the RV home, parked it in my drive and got the same alarm. Can anyone help
    me with this??
    2019 Imagine Grand Design sleeps 2 with 1 pullout. 215ORB Towing Lite
    2019 Tundra, iForce5.7 LV8
    Victoria TX
    Josef & Suzy

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Josef1946 View Post
    I am new to the RV world. I have set up my rig several times. The last time
    I put my slides out, I received an alarm. I pulled it back in several inches
    and the alarm quit. I checked the RV for proper level and it was level. I took
    the RV home, parked it in my drive and got the same alarm. Can anyone help
    me with this??
    I think you have the Schwintek system bug I could be wrong. If you are receiving an alarm then there should be a code. What is the code? Can you confirm what slide system you have?

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alarm?? For the slide??

Never heard of it.

I have seen/heard the LP leak detector go off if the battery is low and you run the slide due to low voltage.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your house battery is too low in charge. There are no audible alarms for a slide of any mechanism on a 2019. What is probably happening is the motor draw is dipping your battery down to the point you're resetting your gas detector or another appliance or electronic with a beep. Charge your battery fully and see what happens.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Slideout model

With the alarm going off, I disconnected the battery and then disconnected the
    shore power. The alarm kept going off leading me to believe it has it's own power source.
    There were several long term RV's there and they did trouble shooting and were all mystefied.
    As far as a code goes, the alarm continues to beep in the same patern and has no control panel,
    According to my owners manual, the slide is Lippert and I found the manual which says nothing
    of an alarm. I will call the Lippert dealer and let everyone know.
    Last edited by Josef1946; 05-20-2021 at 10:38 AM. Reason: Found the Manufacture of slideout
    Victoria TX
    Josef & Suzy

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With the alarm going off, I disconnected the battery and then disconnected the
    shore power. The alarm kept going off leading me to believe it has it's own power source.
    There were several long term RV's there and they did trouble shooting and were all mystefied.
    As far as a code goes, the alarm continues to beep in the same patern and has no control panel,
    According to my owners manual, the slide is Lippert and I found the manual which says nothing
    of an alarm. I will call the Lippert dealer and let everyone know.
    With what you did, and the way an RV is wired, this won't change things. Look at your LP detector. It has an LED. What color is the LED? Steady or flashing? What you want to do, is go to the WFCO and pull 12VDC fuses till you've silenced the alarm. If the LP detector is miraculously on the fuse ID label, start there.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just asking, why would the alarm quit when I brought the slide back in 3 inches??
    I repeated putting the slide out, alarm started at the same place on the floor and
    quit when I brought it back in those 3 inches. RV is on my ranch or I would surely
    try what you suggest. The LP detector has been steady green and never changed.
    Victoria TX
    Josef & Suzy

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just asking, why would the alarm quit when I brought the slide back in 3 inches??
    I repeated putting the slide out, alarm started at the same place on the floor and
    quit when I brought it back in those 3 inches. RV is on my ranch or I would surely
    try what you suggest. The LP detector has been steady green and never changed.
    Could be as simple as the power fluctuation or, in fact, you have a propane leak. Remember, your fridge is propane and the line for connection is a flexible one and they fail frequently with operation of slides... On ours, hose pulled out of the crimp and spilled two full 30# tanks around the base of or 5er and my wife was getting ready to light the morning fire and cannot smell mercaptan!!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    Could be as simple as the power fluctuation or, in fact, you have a propane leak. Remember, your fridge is propane and the line for connection is a flexible one and they fail frequently with operation of slides... On ours, hose pulled out of the crimp and spilled two full 30# tanks around the base of or 5er and my wife was getting ready to light the morning fire and cannot smell mercaptan!!
    I agree. There is no audible alarm on the schwintek system, and I would absolutely check for Propane leaks. Are you sure it can by some fluke be a smoke alarm with a weak battery? The only things I can think of with an audible alarm are the propane/carbon monoxide and smoke detectors.
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser