Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2018 Reflection 29RS Slide Issue

New Reflection owner. Previously owned Big Horn.

We picked up our new Reflection on Wednesday and during PDI I noticed the kitchen slide did not seem to seal flush against the wall when retracted. The dealer spent 20 minutes on it and said this is normal. Attached are some pictures. Does this appear normal?

Thanks for,you help.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	437469B8-2573-471B-81E5-788E3B56E2C6.jpeg 
Views:	77 
Size:	1.02 MB 
ID:	15463Click image for larger version. 

Name:	01EB1127-23DE-483D-A1B4-680A45AF1382.jpeg 
Views:	74 
Size:	777.0 KB 
ID:	15464Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2A8F8C45-2C0E-497C-9E5A-9F3873777F93.jpeg 
Views:	64 
Size:	645.0 KB 
ID:	15465
    Jon
    2021 Solitude 310GK-R
    2022 Silverado 3500HD Duramax SRW

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jon - from what I visualize from the pictures, the rear seal seems ok, but the front seems a bit too far out. Of course pictures can be deceiving.

If the seal is compressed (not crushed) then it is ok. Depending on what the top looks like, and if both ends are even, you may want to loosen the nut on the Can Stop (under the slideout) and screw it out about 2 turns, secure it and see if there is an improvement. If both ends are not evenly sealing or if the Can Stop adjustment doesn't help, then depending on your experience and comfort level working on the slideout mechanism, adjustment gets a bit involved.
    2018 GD Reflections 337RLS, 2021 Ram 3500 Cummins 4x4 CC w/auto level dually, TrailAir pinbox, B&W Companion hitch, Fold-A-Cover Tonneau

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Retread68 View Post
    Jon - from what I visualize from the pictures, the rear seal seems ok, but the front seems a bit too far out. Of course pictures can be deceiving.

If the seal is compressed (not crushed) then it is ok. Depending on what the top looks like, and if both ends are even, you may want to loosen the nut on the Can Stop (under the slideout) and screw it out about 2 turns, secure it and see if there is an improvement. If both ends are not evenly sealing or if the Can Stop adjustment doesn't help, then depending on your experience and comfort level working on the slideout mechanism, adjustment gets a bit involved.

Thanks for your reply. The top of the slide is sealing tighter than the bottom of the slide. I will crawl underneath later today and look at the can stop you described.
    Jon
    2021 Solitude 310GK-R

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jon - The top sealing tighter than the bottom is exactly how this system works. The bottom will never be as tight. Well - I should not say "never" because there is always that 1 in a thousand that will be.
    2018 GD Reflections 337RLS, 2021 Ram 3500 Cummins 4x4 CC w/auto level dually, TrailAir pinbox, B&W Companion hitch, Fold-A-Cover Tonneau

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looked fine to me, as stated what you want is the seal to be compressed if that is happening then it should be good. Any trailers I have seen the slides are not flush with the trailer when they are in.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This slide appears to be a Schwintek. Is there a Can Stop adjustment for these?

The Schwintek slide on my trailer doesn't close perfectly even but does compress the bulb seal all around. As has been said, this is essential.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jon

There is no can stop on this slide.
    We have the same trailer and ours is the same as your pictures. I have looked at others and they are all the same.
    Not sure why this is but many have questioned it.
    I have not found any adjustments of any kind to fix this. It is kinda bothersome but we are living with it.

Brian

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks everyone for your help!
    Jon
    2021 Solitude 310GK-R

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like our 2017 29RS. Our dealer emphized Schwintek slide movers should not be stopped before fully out/in because the electronics sense load. We usually keep the switch depressed about 5 seconds past out/in. After a bunch of competitors, the Reflection 29RS is a keeper.