User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Add another thumbs up for the BW goose ball kit. It comes with an awesome locking goose ball, and two chain mounts that use the factory puck system (Ram3500 in my case). The parts are stout, MADE IN USA and come in a blow molded case. I don't know about the OP setup, but do you have the Ford factory puck system? if-not, you would need to add it. Its my understanding, that the Ford puck system is a frame that mounts between the bed and vehicle frame, necessitating the bed to be lifted from the frame. Whereas the Ram pucks mount in bosses welded to the frame, and the bed only has to be lifted a few inches on each side.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Next Question. . . .

Thank you everyone for the info. Here's what I believe I've settled on (and Amazon prices):

Reese Goosebox, 20K, gen 2: Part number 94720; $1312
    Goose ball set: Part number B&W GNXA2061; $299
    Chain set: Part number 49151 (this is the 20K chain kit); $68

NEXT QUESTION. . . . For those who ordered NEW 5th wheel trailers. . . . .
    1. Was it best for the dealer to order/install the parts above at the time of delivery and the price for the goosebox, etc. lumped into the total cost?
    2. Or did you bring in the parts loose and have the dealer install?
    3. Or other options?
    4. And. . . . If the dealer installed on the brand new trailer, is there any trade in value for the original pin box?

Thanks!

PS: I have the Ford factory puck system
    2021 Solitude 310GK: Linen/DP windows/gen prep/slide toppers/king bed/EOH disc brakes/Cooper-H tires
    2019 F-350: Lariat/CC/LB/Diesel/DRW/4x4/Bakflip MX4/B&W 20K/AirLift 5000
    Other stuff: TST 507 TPMS/2x BB batteries/Victron BMV-712/Champion 3500 dual fuel gen/Garmin 780 GPS/22" Blackstone

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orbsah View Post
    Thank you everyone for the info. Here's what I believe I've settled on (and Amazon prices):

1. Was it best for the dealer to order/install the parts above at the time of delivery and the price for the goosebox, etc. lumped into the total cost?
    3. Or other options?
    4. And. . . . If the dealer installed on the brand new trailer, is there any trade in value for the original pin box?

Thanks!

In my case, I did not work it in to the deal. I wasn't entirely sure how I was going to tow the Solitude when we purchased, and only made up my mind after talking to a Reese engineer at a show for 45 minutes.

I was working with the Service Manager coordinating PDI and pick up, and told him what I was doing and would need some time on the lot to install. He said not to bother, he would be happy to install it for us! So I had the Goosebox delivered to the dealership with a quick message to the eBay seller. He had his techs R&R the factory pin box with the Goosebox the evening before our journey to get the 5er, and called to let us know the conversion went perfectly and she was ready to roll. It's a straightforward job, but it's a heavy beast so I was happy to get the help! No charge to do so as the young Service Manager was all about building a customer relationship (haven't been treated like that by an RV service department since 1999!), and they put the factory pin box in the belly storage for us. I think you'll want to hang onto yours too for future sale when you decide your next upgrade in a decade!

I did bring the safety chains and installed them there because they had already been shipped out to my house. Truth is, one of the techs did most of the work there too, which was really just hanging them with the bolts, washers, and nuts in proper order. I torqued them to spec (and also verified the torque on the Goosebox bolts and lugnuts myself).

Final thought - your breakaway cable may end up being too short so make sure you verify being able to turn both ways without pulling the pin! I was already prepared since I prefer the Fastway Zip breakaway coiled cables over the standard ones, and made that change before hitching.
    Last edited by geotex1; 11-18-2019 at 08:42 AM.

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3. Or other options?

Thanks!

This is the setup I used for our 310GK and 2019 Ford F350 DRW and Factory Puck System.

We placed the GooseBox in the same mounting holes as the original Pinbox and have been riding with a perfect 7" of rail clearance.

I Love my GooseBox and B&W Goose Ball system !!!!
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What Bed Size?

Quote Originally Posted by SolarPoweredRV View Post
    This is the setup I used for our 310GK and 2019 Ford F350 DRW and Factory Puck System.

We placed the GooseBox in the same mounting holes as the original Pinbox and have been riding with a perfect 7" of rail clearance.

I Love my GooseBox and B&W Goose Ball system !!!!

What Bed Size?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What Bed Size?

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fmelehan View Post
    What Bed Size?
    Full size 8 ft bed.
    David and Peggy
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3. Or other options?

Thanks!

I'll be changing out my MorRyde pin box for either the Reese Goosebox of the Gen-Y. I'll be KEEPING my MorRyde as when I sell the RV the buyer (and I) have a choice of which pin box to use. My guess is for resale the traditional hitch is more attractive to buyers.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sowbug View Post
    One consideration for the Reese goose ball kit is that it is a little lower than the B&W kit. The higher ball on the B&W may provide additional clearance above the truck bed rails according to my research. I have a 2019 F350 that sits high snd the bed is deep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have a 2019 F350 and the taller B&W ball works perfectly with the gen 2 GooseBox.
    David and Peggy
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    I'll be changing out my MorRyde pin box for either the Reese Goosebox of the Gen-Y. I'll be KEEPING my MorRyde as when I sell the RV the buyer (and I) have a choice of which pin box to use. My guess is for resale the traditional hitch is more attractive to buyers.
    I would certainly check on what the Dealer would charge for the changeover, however, don't be surprised if they want a very pretty penny for this. I have even heard of Dealers refusing to change out the pinbox for the GooseBox.

To be honest, it is not difficult to change out. You just need to ensure you have the right size wrenches and socket for your (right sized) torque wrench (250lbs).

A couple of suggestions, have two Brawny people to make it easier. And, use your tailgate to install the GooseBox; lower the camper into position over the GooseBox, versus, holding it in mid-air to install the bolts. Also, before your final torque, test the fit of the 5th wheel on your truck to ensure proper ride height.
    David and Peggy
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast