User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealth13777 View Post
    In our current society, they have to do this stuff to fix anything they might get sued over. Recalls are much more common across all brands.
    This. Ford has been inundated with them in the last year, all Mickey Mouse minor stuff. The 3 on my F350 took about an hour and a half to finish all of them. Just read where Toyota recalled 700K plus vehicles for fuel pumps. Recalls are everywhere. First I've heard of a running problem with DEF heaters failing, and I would have heard in my profession.
    Last edited by Txfivver; 01-18-2020 at 05:37 PM.
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orbsah View Post
    One of the reasons I bought a 2019 was because surely Ford had all kinks worked out for this model and I didn't want to be a guinea pig for the 2020 model. So much for that theory! I've had this truck since August and now have 3 recalls to get taken care of:

1. Daytime running lamp doesn't dim when the headlights are on; Software update
    2. Tail gate can open unexpectedly
    3. Some carpet shielding issue (I was told this has to do w/ some sparks that can be generated after the side airbag deploys and they're trying to mitigate a fire potential)

Sheesh! Anyone deal w/ any of these recalls and is there anything I need to know before I take it back to the dealer? I have an appointment for next week.

Thanks, -Jeff
    My F350 has two of the three recalls you mentioned. I did not think these were big issues, so, I did not worry about them. I simply called my Dealer and scheduled an appointment for next week to get these items fixed with my next Oil Change.

Sometimes Recalls can be a good thing, for example: I bought a 2003 E250, used, several years ago, after I purchased it I found out about a recall on the ABS, so, after going to the Dealer, I had a brand new ABS unit on a 10 year old truck. Boy am I glad that part was on recall, I don't even want to know how much that would have cost If it went bad and I had to replace it out-of-pocket.

I think recalls are a good thing, problems are discovered and repairs are made at the manufacturer's expense. Once the issue is fixed, you no longer have to worry about that problem.
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's one for the block heater? I didn't get that one.
    Dealer bugged the crap out of me to get this done. We've been in the 80's the past few weeks in SE Louisiana and very seldom get down to freezing. Had the truck almost 3 yrs and never had to plug it in!
    2018 Grand Design Solitude 377MBS

2017 Ford F-350 Lariat DRW...FX4...4.10's...White Gold/Caribou with Black interior. Curt Q20 hitch. BakFlip MX4

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    I don't think these notions/issues are peculiar to the automotive or RV industries. Years ago, Bill Gates commented at a COMDEX that, "If GM had kept up with technology like the computer industry has, we would all be driving $25.00 cars that got 1,000 miles to the gallon."

In response, General Motors issues a press release stating: "If GM had developed technology like Microsoft, we would all be driving cars with the following characteristics:

1. For no reason whatsoever, your car would crash twice a day.

2. Every time they repainted the lines in the road, you would have to buy a new car.

3. Occasionally your car would die on the freeway for no reason. You would have to pull to the side of the road, close all of the windows, shut off the car, restart it, and reopen the windows before you could continue.

For some reason you would simply accept this.

4. Occasionally, executing a maneuver such as a left turn would cause your car to shut down and refuse to restart, in which case you would have to reinstall the engine.

5. Macintosh would make a car that was powered by the sun, was reliable, five times as fast and twice as easy to drive - but would run on only five percent of the roads.

6. The oil, water temperature, and alternator warning lights would all be replaced by a single "This Car Has Performed An Illegal Operation" warning light.

7. The airbag system would ask "Are you sure?" before deploying.

8. Occasionally, for no reason whatsoever, your car would lock you out and refuse to let you in until you simultaneously lifted the door handle, turned the key and grabbed hold of the radio antenna.

9. Every time a new car was introduced car buyers would have to learn how to drive all over again because none of the controls would operate in the same manner as the old car.

10. You'd have to press the "Start" button to turn the engine off."

Rob
    Well, at least number ten has come to fruition !!!!
    David and Peggy
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just had all three recalls taken care of (from LED, carpet shielding, tailgate). I dropped it off at 7:30am and they didn't finish 'till 4:30pm. Manager said they had to wrestle w/ the tail gate fix. Oh well, done now - or at least till I get the next notice.
    2021 Solitude 310GK: Linen/DP windows/gen prep/slide toppers/king bed/EOH disc brakes/Cooper-H tires
    2019 F-350: Lariat/CC/LB/Diesel/DRW/4x4/Bakflip MX4/B&W 20K/AirLift 5000
    Other stuff: TST 507 TPMS/2x BB batteries/Victron BMV-712/Champion 3500 dual fuel gen/Garmin 780 GPS/22" Blackstone

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Going on a tangent now. . . . The craziest recall I was involved with was on my 2003 Toyota Tacoma. About 3 years ago, it failed the state inspection due to a rotted out frame. Toyota replaced the frame under the recall notice (they were buying some trucks back, I missed that window). Because my truck was so old, there was about a 9 month lead time to get a new frame. So they kept my truck and gave me a nice/new loaner vehicle for 9 months. When the frame came in, they completely rebuilt the truck onto the new frame - on a 13 year old truck mind you! That now 17 year old truck is still my daily driver and most all components underneath are rusted except the frame.
    2021 Solitude 310GK: Linen/DP windows/gen prep/slide toppers/king bed/EOH disc brakes/Cooper-H tires
    2019 F-350: Lariat/CC/LB/Diesel/DRW/4x4/Bakflip MX4/B&W 20K/AirLift 5000
    Other stuff: TST 507 TPMS/2x BB batteries/Victron BMV-712/Champion 3500 dual fuel gen/Garmin 780 GPS/22" Blackstone

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of the reasons I bought a 2019 was because surely Ford had all kinks worked out for this model and I didn't want to be a guinea pig for the 2020 model. So much for that theory! I've had this truck since August and now have 3 recalls to get taken care of:

3. Some carpet shielding issue (I was told this has to do w/ some sparks that can be generated after the side airbag deploys and they're trying to mitigate a fire potential)

Sheesh! Anyone deal w/ any of these recalls and is there anything I need to know before I take it back to the dealer? I have an appointment for next week.

Thanks, -Jeff

...and the number 2 item bit me Thursday. Living in Minnesota, we experience the salty road spray on our vehicles. I stopped by the self-service car wash Thursday before an appointment and sprayed down the truck quickly to knock the build up of salt off. Traveled about a mile to my next appointment and backed into the spot like I normally do (very slowly because the truck is a monster) which the parking lot backs up to a retaining wall.

I am a visual backer (mirrors and looking) not depending on the camera. I do use the audible from the back up system to ensure distance to an object. As I was backing into the spot my mirrors are showing I have about 4 feet to the wall. The audible comes on to indicate I am getting closer and suddenly "bang". Mirrors still showing 3-4 feet to the wall and audible is only slightly protesting, not screaming like I was too close. The ground appears in the camera like the tailgate is down. Sure enough, I get out and the tailgate is down. Likely the rinse before hand was the culprit. The tailgate was closed when I rinsed the truck.

My disappointment is there is no warning system for the tailgate when it's open unless you look at the rear camera. I get warnings that the doors are ajar or the hood is open but nothing about the tailgate. I have a cover on my box so the only way I know about the tailgate is the camera or physically getting out and looking. Stopped my the local body shop on Friday and get an estimate on the damage (very little visually) and it came to $2300.00.

I will be in touch with the dealership on Monday about the recalls and if Ford is going to cover the damage.

-- Lyle
    Last edited by CloseToRetirement; 01-18-2020 at 06:24 PM.
    Barb, Lyle and the 3 four-legged kids
    2015 Solitude 369RL #3521
    2018 Ford F350 DRW

“The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” – St. Augustine

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, -Jeff
    Bought it in Aug 19
    Had 3 on mine also but different ones
    Drive shaft inspection to see if it were made of inferior materials
    Power steering hose inspection because of uncuried rubber
    All pass
    Some carpet shielding issue

All have been taken care of. Never got a letter on any of them all were notices on Ford Pass

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CloseToRetirement View Post
    ...and the number 2 item bit me Thursday. Living in Minnesota, we experience the salty road spray on our vehicles. I stopped by the self-service car wash Thursday before an appointment and sprayed down the truck quickly to knock the build up of salt off. Traveled about a mile to my next appointment and backed into the spot like I normally do (very slowly because the truck is a monster) which the parking lot backs up to a retaining wall.

I am a visual backer (mirrors and looking) not depending on the camera. I do use the audible from the back up system to ensure distance to an object. As I was backing into the spot my mirrors are showing I have about 4 feet to the wall. The audible comes on to indicate I am getting closer and suddenly "bang". Mirrors still showing 3-4 feet to the wall and audible is only slightly protesting, not screaming like I was too close. The ground appears in the camera like the tailgate is down. Sure enough, I get out and the tailgate is down. Likely the rinse before hand was the culprit. The tailgate was closed when I rinsed the truck.

My disappointment is there is no warning system for the tailgate when it's open unless you look at the rear camera. I get warnings that the doors are ajar or the hood is open but nothing about the tailgate. I have a cover on my box so the only way I know about the tailgate is the camera or physically getting out and looking. Stopped my the local body shop on Friday and get an estimate on the damage (very little visually) and it came to $2300.00.

I will be in touch with the dealership on Monday about the recalls and if Ford is going to cover the damage.

-- Lyle
    WOW !!! So sorry for your incident. I too am a visual backer, I rarely look at the camera unless I am hooking up the 5th wheel and then I am looking at the rooftop camera into the bed.
    David and Peggy
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, -Jeff
    I bought mine in September. Also didn't want to buy the first year of the 10 Speed Transmission. My recalls are the same except for the daytime running lights and mine has one for the door handle freezing up. Since we spend 6 months in California (in the winter) they won't address that one. It's going in next week. Other than that I love it. Many more upgrades from the 2013 we had. Love the upgrades.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast