Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Rear Stabilizer Problem

So far I am so very happy with the quality of this unit. I have spent 2 days roaming around in and under it. The only issues I have so far are:

1) the remote for the fireplace doesn't work. My dealer is ordering a replacement but I will quietly admit I could care less. It's so easy to operate from the panel.
    2) the street side rear stabilizer inner tube is stuck and will not drop. I have tried spraying silicone and tapping it with a hammer but no go. The curb side drops immediately when I pull the pin but not the street side. Any thoughts?
    Paul "Poppy" and Deb Cervone
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE - SOLD ; 2015 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS - SOLD
    2016 GMC Denali 3500HD SRW Duramax/Allison CC 4x4; Tire Minder TPMS

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Poppy - On the stabilizer, try loosening the nuts where the pin goes through, then make sure it's properly aligned before tightening back up. . Mine was sticking too when it was new, and this solved it.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TucsonJim View Post
    Poppy - On the stabilizer, try loosening the nuts where the pin goes through, then make sure it's properly aligned before tightening back up. . Mine was sticking too when it was new, and this solved it.
    I will try that. I hope that's it!

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our remote for the fireplace didn't work either. (our dealer tried telling us it had no remote, guess they did not want to bother woth it)
    I took the battery out and put it in the other way and it worked just fine. Then it went back in the drawer.
    We usually just get up off our butts and set it.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On the remote control: I've also heard that if you hold it lower to the floor, the remote may work. Sounds as if you hold it up high, it may not work so well.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TucsonJim View Post
    Jim, I tried loosening those bolts and it didn't work

I found another small issue .... The emergency exit window at the rear of the trailer doesn't latch closed. I'm developing a short list of fixes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So ... what happened to the double factory PDI checks?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gr8daggett View Post
    So ... what happened to the double factory PDI checks?
    I hear you. After a weekend of camping I have a list of maybe 4 items which NEED to be fixed and I'm confident they will be. I'm going on one more camping trip before I take it in just to double check.

So far:
    1) 1 rear stabilizer that the inner tube does not release and drop
    2) the fireplace remote isn't working (I honestly could give a hoot if this ever works!)
    3) the latch on the rear, emergency exit window does not latch closed
    4) the gauge for the kitchen grey tank is malfunctioning and always shows full (this one bothers me because I don't see how they fix this without dropping the belly cover which I really don't want to have done).
    5) the rear window shade slips down on it's own after it is raised. I'm sure it's a simple adjustment or fix.

We were dry camping at the beach so didn't get to check any of the systems that operate on shore power so we're anxious for our trip on the 12th so we can check out more.
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The shades should be an easy fix. The cord where it attaches to the wall below the window needs to be tightened. The tank sensors will never work right after your first trip! Our 337 is the 3rd F/W for us, and the only reliable sensor on all of them has been the fresh water tank. The sensors get grease and debris on them and don't give an accurate reading. Until someone comes up with a better idea, every RV on the market has the tank sensor issue!
    Sean and Donna Duling
    2015 Reflection 337rls #627
    1996 F-350 CC 4x4 DRW 7.3L
    Ferndale Wa.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1970kw View Post
    The shades should be an easy fix. The cord where it attaches to the wall below the window needs to be tightened. The tank sensors will never work right after your first trip! Our 337 is the 3rd F/W for us, and the only reliable sensor on all of them has been the fresh water tank. The sensors get grease and debris on them and don't give an accurate reading. Until someone comes up with a better idea, every RV on the market has the tank sensor issue!
    Yeah, our 3rd as well but never has it been this bad. It read completely full from the minute we got it. I emptied all the water from every tank when we got home from the dealer. All the water was fresh and had been put in to rinse out the winterizing and to test for leaks. That should not cause this. I suspect a crossed wire. I replaced the sensors in my Cougar's black water tank with the Horst (http://www.horstmiracleprobes.com/) and they worked great. And that was a black water tank! Gray water has very little material to get hunk up on the sensors. Anyway, I'm griping because it shouldn't be that way but it's not going to take away from my love of the unit overall

I will check on the shade tomorrow. I looked at it and thought there might be some adjustment.
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast