User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canyonlight View Post
    Here is a link to the Natural Resources Canada interactive site where you can check boxes to fire information using current date or other dates.

https://cwfis.cfs.nrcan.gc.ca/intera...year=2023#iMap

As with John and Robin, we are headed to Glacier the first week of August meeting up with our daughter, SIL, and grandson coming from a week in Banff. We are staying in Many Glacier at a site they got many months ago.

John and Robin - can Carol survive a week with no internet and electricity......oh my !

Dan

Dan
    Dan/Carol;
    Hope you had/are having a great trip and Carol survived. How did you manage the unpaved section into Many Glacier????? Brutal.

We are at East Glacier and Sunday headed to West Glacier. Starlink is allowing us both to work some evenings.

The winds on the East side of Glacier are amazing and from what I understand near daily. 14mpg with tail winds from Bozeman to Helena down to 7mpg from Helena to St. Mary. Below is pic of clearing windstorm at Helena and view from our door at East Glacier.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	helena.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	96.7 KB 
ID:	47666

Name:	glacier.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	98.5 KB 
ID:	47667
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan 4014 payload
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ajg617 View Post
    Dan/Carol;
    Hope you had/are having a great trip and Carol survived. How did you manage the unpaved section into Many Glacier????? Brutal.

We are at East Glacier and Sunday headed to West Glacier. Starlink is allowing us both to work some evenings.

The winds on the East side of Glacier are amazing and from what I understand near daily. 14mpg with tail winds from Bozeman to Helena down to 7mpg from Helena to St. Mary. Below is pic of clearing windstorm at Helena and view from our door at East Glacier.

Name:	helena.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	96.7 KB 
ID:	47666

Name:	glacier.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	98.5 KB 
ID:	47667
    John - just responded to your suspension thread.....finally getting back on the forum after many weeks.

Carol did very well ! She received a number of battery powered lights that she hung around the camper to not use the RV battery. We only used our water pump to do dishes in the evening for the most part.

As evenings/nights were in the high 40s with day time highs in the high 60s/low 70s, the fridge fan did not run much saving considerable RV battery draw.

We did use our new Champion 2500 dual fuel (using only propane) most evenings and a couple mornings within the three 2 hour windows to use a generator to charge the RV battery to top it off.

We also made coffee the "old fashioned" way with a percolator pot over the propane stove in the camper. Kinda liked that......brought back memories of decades ago along with using our white gas lantern a couple times.

Thanks, again for the picture you took of us leaving Many Glacier CG on the gravel road section....I think about 3 miles long. So nice of you to pull over and let us go by. What a surprise that we crossed paths......very cool !

Gosh, I hope you and Robin get through the suspension crap and have an issue free trip to NC and back home. You deserve it !!!

We'll catch up after Labor Day.....I'll give you a call.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12