User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Florida and Vermont and anywhere in between
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Jim,
    Sorry but I think I responded to you twice so I'm just taking it out.
    Sue
    Last edited by Susan_S; 05-27-2019 at 06:04 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rob,

Thank you for that information. As first time RVers I'm glad to hear it is not too difficult to tow. I agree that the larger one is probably a lot to handle but I loved the bedroom!!!!

Oh well. Maybe next time.

Sue :-)

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Susan_S View Post
    Rob,

Thank you for that information. As first time RVers I'm glad to hear it is not too difficult to tow. I agree that the larger one is probably a lot to handle but I loved the bedroom!!!!

Oh well. Maybe next time.

Hello, Susan_S. A forum usage tip--when replying use the Reply with Quote so we know whom you're addressing and the individual gets a notification (like you just did when I replied to you.)

-Howard
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Sue,

We have a 2017 297RSTS. We are in it 6 months out of the year. Besides a couple minor issues, such as trim sagging (easily put back up with brad nails), or sheared off screw heads on outside (replaced with screws GD sent me), it’s been trouble free. I keep up with maintenance such as wheel bearing service, roof inspections, sealant inspections around windows, etc. I’ve always had great luck when speaking with customer service. Prefer not to use the dealership for repairs. You do have options here by the way.

I for one, have not had any problems with the water lines. I know many have, but I believe many more have not. It seems to be an issue with a type of pipe used in some of the shorter connections to the longer PEX lines. Several owners have replaced them themselves.

The layout of the unit is great. We like that we can access the bathroom during travel without opening the slides. We also love that the theater seats are across from the tv. We switched the couch and the dining table/chairs so that we eat near the rear window. This gives us a better view, eat on a hard surface, and a little more head room than being in the slide out. We just use two chairs though as it’s just us two.

We do use a good cover on our couch now for the dogs. Our furniture seems to be holding up well.

This year we put in a good mattress (had a topper before. The stock mattresses are terrible for most people).

Get a good weight distribution hitch/sway control. We use the Blue Ox and love it. Not too expensive but good quality.

Good luck!
    Steve & Sue (pups:Sky & Sierra) Gardnerville, Nv
    2017 Refelection 297RSTS
    2017 Ford 350 CC 4x4 Lariat Superduty 6.7, Long Bed

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howson View Post
    Hello, Susan_S. A forum usage tip--when replying use the Reply with Quote so we know whom you're addressing and the individual gets a notification (like you just did when I replied to you.)

-Howard
    OK Howard, Thanks for the tip.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Get a good weight distribution hitch/sway control. We use the Blue Ox and love it. Not too expensive but good quality.

Good luck![/QUOTE]

Hi Steve,
    Thank you for the great advice and also for making me feel a little more confident about the mechanisms of the RV. I am hopeful that we will not have too many issues. I'm not expecting perfection but hope nothing is too daunting.

I will keep you posted.

Thanks again,
    Sue

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pics?

Quote Originally Posted by Calbar View Post
    We have a 2018 297RSTS and we really like the layout. So far we have had some minor issues so quite happy with it. A couple of things that mods that I did to make DW even happier with the trailer is put a bigger sink and new tap in the bathroom and changed out the large farmer sink with a double bowl sink. Other than that we have been quite happy with the trailer.

One thing DW did notice on our second trip is that the bathroom door is right across from the entry door. We just make sure that when using the bathroom the door is always closed so that if one of us walks in the whole campground doesn't get a show.

Hope you enjoy it as much as we have.

Rob
    Hey Rob,

How hard was it to switch out the sink? My wife is not a big fan of the farmer's sink either. What did you put in?

Dennis

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What we did for the kitchen sink is just use a smaller plastic tub for washing dishes. Definitely makes a difference when dry camping and trying to conserve water. When hooked up, we still like saving water. I also bought a sink liner to save on scratching the stainless.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We got our 297 last fall. Have used it a lot. No significant problems.

We love the layout, it pulls great with my 2500 Duramax. No regrets.
    2017 Duramax 2500HD pulling a
    2019 Reflection 297RSTS

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome and congratulations on your new trailer. We bought our 297 RSTS late last year and so far love it. Had a few minor issues and the dealer quickly fixed them.

Some of the mods I've made:
    Switched out trailer tail lights
    Installed Easy Start
    Replaced the bathroom sink and faucet
    Replaced the shower head
    Installed EMS-50
    Heater drain extension
    MaxxAir Covers
    RV door digital door lock
    TST TMPS-
    LevelMate Pro
    ProPride Hitch