Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Solitude Discounts and Pricing Questions

Wife and I are trying to find the best discount on a custom ordered 382WB-R with DPW, genny, FBP, the works. I've called around to numerous dealers in TX and the best discount offer we've gotten so far is 15%. Additionally, every dealer I've spoken to makes reference to some letter from GD that says price lock/protection is a thing of the past. So up until delivery day the settled amount can change as GD passes along price increases. Has anyone heard this, and who are these dealers that are still offering 20%+ off MSRP?

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, it is true. Grand Design is not price holding anymore.

Did they also tell you that a FBP unit will be about 6 to 7 months out?
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pre Covid it wasn't unheard of people getting up to 30% of MSRP. Now I think 20% off is good. As for the price protection until you take delivery I haven't heard of. I thought once it was signed and the order place that it was locked in. Things might of changed in these crazy times. Have you looked outside of Texas to see?

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    I thought once it was signed and the order place that it was locked in.
    Yeah, it used to be, until July of this year.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    Yeah, it used to be, until July of this year.
    Wow

Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    Wow

Yep, my Rep is telling me to figure on 12- 15% over current price list for orders.

Most Solitudes and Momentums are 3 to 4 months out on builds. I have 38 Momentums on order for stock, and none being built.
    [email protected]
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info and replies. We were informed of the 6-7 months and were planning that into the timeline for selling the S&B. I just heard back from the dealer I've been working the closest with and they're going to honor the 15%, as well as absorb any increases up to 5% over the contracted sales price. I'm responsible for anything over that. I think we're pulling the trigger.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Averaging 25% off of MSRP on a 310GK-R in northern New England. Catch with one dealer was $10K non-refundable deposit to order with the options we were looking for - that's a non-starter for us. The other dealer - $500 refundable down to place the order - as he said he would have no problem selling it even with the options but includes $3K kickback from bank if I finance through them. That dealer is also eating any price increases from GD if ordered prior to 9/1/2021 so it is price-locked as of order if we do it by Tuesday. That may change Wed after they meet with Grand Design. Tiffin just upped their Class A's by 4% and dealership isn't willing to take that hit anymore so they are not price locking Tiffins as of last week. Going over to read the fine print in a bit.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    Yep, my Rep is telling me to figure on 12- 15% over current price list for orders.

Most Solitudes and Momentums are 3 to 4 months out on builds. I have 38 Momentums on order for stock, and none being built.
    Still waiting on my 350G... Took about 3 months to build and came offline 8.3 and was told we'd have it 8.11 but wasn't told until recently that it was sitting there waiting on blinds....
    2022 Momentum 350G - all upgrades minus 3 season doors
    2020 F350 Lariat Sport 6.7 CCLB FX4 - 3.5" Carli Pintop Suspension System - Air Lift Load Lifter 5000 w/Wireless One - 68 Gallon S&B Fuel Tank
    2022 CanAm Maverick X3 Max X RS Turbo RR w/Smart-Shox (on order)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, are you folks saying that if you make an offer and a dealer excepts it it isn’t a legally binding document and they can charge you above what the contract states if GD raises their price?
    Mike & Linda
    303RLS
    2013 F250 Turbo Diesel Crew Cab

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast