User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Grey Tank sizes again - 2600RB

I have searched and have not found a definitive answer about the actual grey tank sizes. People have said that for an 82 gallon grey tank capacity (in my 2600RB, for example) then there are two 41 gallon tanks. Does Grand Design have the actual capacities published anywhere? I would like to know because my galley tank seems to fill sooner than my shower tank. It's not a problem, as I have a T68 that I can use to equalize if needed. Please, no speculating, as I have read many posts from owners who 'think' this or 'believe' that. I'm looking for documented numbers. Thanks to all!
    Mike & (RIP Karen)
    2021 Imagine 2600RB
    2011 Toyota Tundra 5.7 RW, Tow Package
    Husky Centerline WDH
    Champion 2500DF, Prodigy P2

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AZMike View Post
    I have searched and have not found a definitive answer about the actual grey tank sizes. People have said that for an 82 gallon grey tank capacity (in my 2600RB, for example) then there are two 41 gallon tanks. Does Grand Design have the actual capacities published anywhere? I would like to know because my galley tank seems to fill sooner than my shower tank. It's not a problem, as I have a T68 that I can use to equalize if needed. Please, no speculating, as I have read many posts from owners who 'think' this or 'believe' that. I'm looking for documented numbers. Thanks to all!
    If you want a definitive answer; call GD with you vin#. They will give you the details you are looking for. Cheers!
    2020 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS 5th Wheel
    2013 Ford F250 Super Duty, King Ranch, 6.7 Diesel, HD Tow Package
    B&W Companion Slider RVK3405
    Timbren Rear Suspension Enhancement System R250SDG
    Titan 50 Gallon Fuel Tank

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had a single sheet of paper in our 'black bag' that listed ALL of our tank sizes and other information. This is the bag that had all the manuals for the trailer components/appliances. I would look for that sheet. Be sure to flip through the GD trailer manual as it may be slipped in there.

But as @RoJoSo said, if you want to know FOR SURE call GD with your VIN. Yours may vary from others depending on what size tanks they had on hand that week.
    Mike & Lisa
    Central Florida
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys, I probably will call GD. My sheet only lists the total grey tank capacity, not individual.
    Mike & (RIP Karen)
    2021 Imagine 2600RB
    Husky Centerline WDH

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Install a Valtarra twist on valve on your sewer connection. Leave the black tank dump valve closed as you should and leave both grey valves open. The grey tanks will fill equally. When you dump, close the greys, dump, rinse the black and close the valve. OPen the greys, dump, and leave the valves open and you're ready for the next time.
    2010 Jayco 26(SOLD)
    2011 Keystone Outback 277RL(SOLD)
    2021 Grand Design 268BH
    2013 Ford F250 XLT, 6.2L Gas

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BobLandry View Post
    Install a Valtarra twist on valve on your sewer connection. Leave the black tank dump valve closed as you should and leave both grey valves open. The grey tanks will fill equally. When you dump, close the greys, dump, rinse the black and close the valve. OPen the greys, dump, and leave the valves open and you're ready for the next time.
    He states in his post he already does this

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Per the GD parts page for your RV, there are no 41 gal tanks. The parts page list three different tanks. The tank drawings show two 45 gal tanks and a 36.45 gal tank. One of the 45 gal tanks is clearly listed as fresh water. The other 45 gal tank and the 36.45 gal tank are both listed as holding tanks. The combination of the 45 gal holding tank and the 36.45 gal holding tank comes real close to the 82 gals stated for grey water.

Can’t tell definatively which tank is galley or shower, but that combination is consistent with your perception that the galley tank seems to fill quicker. However, which grey tank fills quicker is just as dependent on your specific water use as the individual tanks capacities. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info. I was not able to find it on the parts page, maybe I didn't look hard enough. Regardless, what you posted makes sense.
    Mike & (RIP Karen)
    2021 Imagine 2600RB
    Husky Centerline WDH

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info. I was not able to find it on the parts page, maybe I didn't look hard enough. Regardless, what you posted makes sense.
    The tanks are listed under plumbing. Unlike most of the parts which show pictures of the parts, the tanks show the design drawings. For the tank capacities you have to look on the drawings themselves.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=Chewwi;393830]The tanks are listed under plumbing. Unlike most of the parts which show pictures of the parts, the tanks show the design drawings. For the tank capacities you have to look on the drawings themselves.

We have a 2021 GD Imagine 2600RB. The owner's manual was updated 7/2020. There are no references to individual grey tank sizes. I've read through the entire manual. The plumbing section does not have a tank diagram.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast