User Tag List

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks everyone for your input....i am staying with my Ram 2500 untill a used Ram 3500 comes available....
    No reason to put the cart before the horse.
    Msgt Ray (Ret) and Margie Parker
    2022 GD 303RLS w/Gen-Y gooseneck
    2020 Ram 2500 HD Cummins 6.7/3.73 gears

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rgpracer View Post
    After all the post about pullers and campers.....i was just curious, since i have a 2020 Ram 2500 with Cummins goung to be pulling a new 303, just whom out there pulls a 303 with a 3/4 truck of anykind, and what do you think?

Lol......my wife is laughing at me that next.....i will want a 3500. I told her that the 3/4 ton is quite capable and i won't be trading up in puller.

Thanks
    I pull my 303 with a 2020 GMC 2500HD Duramax. Truck hardly knows the trailer is there. Previously pulled it with a 2016 GMC 2500HD. Same thing. Don’t know about Dodges but GM 3/4 ton trucks are more than adequate for the 303.
    2018 Reflection 303RLS, PullRite 16K Superglide, 2022 GMC 2500HD Duramax Denali.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 2019, 303 and LOVE IT. We pull with a Ford 250 diesel! In the last 2 years we have been from Key West to the Upper Michigan to Mexico and a lot of points in between! Over 20,000 miles. Never had an issue with the combo, climbed a lot of mountains. We would go to a 450 if we went to a longer 5ver. And add the bigger fuel tank.
    HAPPY RVing.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadiansteelman View Post
    I pull my 303 with a 2020 GMC 2500HD Duramax. Truck hardly knows the trailer is there. Previously pulled it with a 2016 GMC 2500HD. Same thing. Don’t know about Dodges but GM 3/4 ton trucks are more than adequate for the 303.
    Thanks Canadian.
    Qife and I jusr got back from Toronto.....
    Msgt Ray (Ret) and Margie Parker
    2022 GD 303RLS w/Gen-Y gooseneck
    2020 Ram 2500 HD Cummins 6.7/3.73 gears

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rgpracer View Post
    After all the post about pullers and campers.....i was just curious, since i have a 2020 Ram 2500 with Cummins goung to be pulling a new 303, just whom out there pulls a 303 with a 3/4 truck of anykind, and what do you think?

Lol......my wife is laughing at me that next.....i will want a 3500. I told her that the 3/4 ton is quite capable and i won't be trading up in puller.

Thanks
    We pull a 2021 303rls with a 2020 ram 2500 diesel. Pulls like a dream and no issues stopping or handling in any situation. We use the exhaust brake and tow haul. No sagging but we do have airbags. We love the truck and trailer and plan on keeping both.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

303rls/ 2018 gmc sa denali towing

I have a 3/4 ton GMC Denali Single axel 2018. I have a 2020 303rls and it tows it and controls it Great. I have the Anderson Ultimate Hitch ( and love it)I am on trip now that we have gone 5300 miles so far. Should finish this trip at about 5900. I did go thru scales and did calculation. After going to Anderson 5th wheel and after replacing lead acid battery with Lithium. With full fuel and 25 gallons of water in 303 plus 2 Lectric Bikes on Back of 303. We came in with 534 Left. We love how it tows this trip was Yellowstone / Glacier / Zion / Coeurde'Laene / Bend /Salmon River, Riggins / Oregon Coast / Laughlin / Flagstaff/ Clarkdale, AZ /.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tow my 303 with a 2015 2500 ram diesel. Never have had a problem. Tows great. I always watch my load. Of course my lithium batteries took away 200 pounds of weight.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We went with the relatively bare one ton diesel when we bought our last couple trucks for max payload capacity.
    But a couple posts here made me wonder. How are things like payload etc determined?
    Tires, springs?
    If so, add airbags or springs and good tires and you're good to go?
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
    We went with the relatively bare one ton diesel when we bought our last couple trucks for max payload capacity.
    But a couple posts here made me wonder. How are things like payload etc determined?
    Tires, springs?
    If so, add airbags or springs and good tires and you're good to go?
    It really depends, which is part of the major problem with the ratings on trucks. There are some obvious ones, tire weight ratings, axle capacity, etc that go into determining GVWR. But that's not at all the whole story. Not even close, unfortunately.

There are certain trucks, the 250 and 450 are great examples, that might have a 20K rear axle rating and a combined rear tire capacity of 16K that have a GVWR of 14K. My 450 is one such truck, as most (maybe all) of them are, they are rated to meet the "class", not by the hardware of the truck. The 250 (my previous truck) is another great example of this, the tires were good for 3750 each, the axle a lot more than the tires, and yet the GVWR was not at all 3750X4, because, at least at the time, the 250 was class limited to 9,990 GVWR. Had almost nothing to do with the axle/tires/etc, it's simply the highest rating you can have and be in the class.

In reality, a 250 and 350 SRW and often effectively the same truck with a different badge and a different sticker on the door panel. A 250 SRW with airbags, I'd take that over a 350 SRW without airbags every time and twice on Sunday.

You can absolutely make a 250 SRW a better pulling machine and more capable than a 350 SRW. You still won't be legal, but they are close enough (basically twins) out of the factory that it's simple to make a 250 "better" than a 350 for carrying weight/pulling. Unless you add another set of tires in the back, you'll never get them to be as good as the 350DRW or 450 though; the real weak point in most of these vehicles is the tires.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Overtaxed View Post
    It really depends, which is part of the major problem with the ratings on trucks. There are some obvious ones, tire weight ratings, axle capacity, etc that go into determining GVWR. But that's not at all the whole story. Not even close, unfortunately.

There are certain trucks, the 250 and 450 are great examples, that might have a 20K rear axle rating and a combined rear tire capacity of 16K that have a GVWR of 14K. My 450 is one such truck, as most (maybe all) of them are, they are rated to meet the "class", not by the hardware of the truck. The 250 (my previous truck) is another great example of this, the tires were good for 3750 each, the axle a lot more than the tires, and yet the GVWR was not at all 3750X4, because, at least at the time, the 250 was class limited to 9,990 GVWR. Had almost nothing to do with the axle/tires/etc, it's simply the highest rating you can have and be in the class.

In reality, a 250 and 350 SRW and often effectively the same truck with a different badge and a different sticker on the door panel. A 250 SRW with airbags, I'd take that over a 350 SRW without airbags every time and twice on Sunday.

You can absolutely make a 250 SRW a better pulling machine and more capable than a 350 SRW. You still won't be legal, but they are close enough (basically twins) out of the factory that it's simple to make a 250 "better" than a 350 for carrying weight/pulling. Unless you add another set of tires in the back, you'll never get them to be as good as the 350DRW or 450 though; the real weak point in most of these vehicles is the tires.
    Baiscally he hit the nail on the head. My F-250 has no components that matter that differ from the SRW F350 of the same year, brakes, springs, nothing.

Difference? Spacer block so the 350 will ride level with a heavier weight, and overload springs were an option on the 350.

Airbags take the place of the helper springs and leveling block.

8800 GVWR was an option as it hit some wicket in some jurisdiction at the time. My trucks components are good for 14K GVWR. The door stickers had TWO values on them. 8800Lb/3990KG for Canada, and 11,000 for USA. Same truck, stickers on the same freaking door.

In the case of my truck, you hit the tire limit around 11k, with the stock 235/85R16 Load Range E tires.

Tires, which were my limiting component are 225/70R19.5 Load Range Gs now, and they are good to about 8K on the axle, which is really close to the 8200 pounds the rear axle is rated for.

Truck is registered for 14k.
    2019 GD Momentum 397TH
    Considering a 395
    99 Ford F-250, 7.3, 6-speed.
    22 Ford F-450
    Former Fulltimers, now just using toy hauler to go to Motocross Races and Mountain Bike parks.
    Va Beach, VA

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast