Thread: Serious Mess Up

Florida and Vermont and anywhere in between
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Serious Mess Up

Hi,
    I'm actually hoping for a GD rep to read this as we do need help quickly. Also if anyone wants to make any demeaning comments please refrain. We get you'd never listen to anyone else or not ever make this mistake but we did and now we're just looking to fix it. And sorry if I sound angry but at this moment I am. Not at you mind you, at me and my man and our own folly. But here it is.

Coming into a campsite, we made a wrong turn to the site and had to redo the entry. The individuals who were the managers of the site who rolled their eyes at our error...seriously, I'm so tired of bullies, started to direct us and we made the mistake of letting them. Long story shorter we hit a pole that we would have avoided had it not been for the gentleman who was screaming at us.

Right this moment the fault is not the issue. We have a damaged rig and we're going to California for our daughter-in-law's baby shower. We've got two Golden Retrievers so we can't even leave the rig and fly out. I may be sending my husband and just sitting here with the GRs but I'd rather not.

We're not sure that we can get there with the damage and we're in Ohio. I've put a lot of duct, or duck or Gorilla tape on the area and it's not holding. It's bad. So I am hoping that someone from GD sees this and can direct us to some help.

Yup, I'm looking for a miracle. Yup, it's pretty far out of the realm of reality but there it is. Yup we were stupid and didn't use good judgment and that's the way it is....now we're just looking to fix it and move forward.

So if anyone out there has any sage advice that is constructive and helpful, I'm all for it.

And if a GD rep is reading this maybe you can get us to Indiana and get us a few new panels and send us on our way.

Thanks,

Sue
    Susan (and Alan, Oliver, and Shiloh).
    2020 Solitude 380 FL-R

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With absolutely no way to judge the amount, or scale of damage, it's impossible for anyone to offer any kind of meaningful advice. And where you are would help someone familiar with the area direct you to a mobile RV service, or know of a good service site nearby. With no details it's impossible to know. Sounds like a no fun situation to be in.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unfortunately this site is not monitored by GD but there's lots of experience and knowledge on here that can help you out. Pictures would really help and location.
    Oh and BTW even the best most experienced RViers hit stuff and have an Oops moment. Nothing to be ashamed about. Now send us your pics so we can help you get back on the road asap.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh yeah, anyone can do something untoward at any time. One time we came out from checking in, and noticed our truck and trailer rolling downhill through the campground, and picking up speed, headed for a large, new, expensive toyhauler. So it can happen anytime.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Susan_S View Post
    Hi,
    I'm actually hoping for a GD rep to read this as we do need help quickly. Also if anyone wants to make any demeaning comments please refrain. We get you'd never listen to anyone else or not ever make this mistake but we did and now we're just looking to fix it. And sorry if I sound angry but at this moment I am. Not at you mind you, at me and my man and our own folly. But here it is.

Coming into a campsite, we made a wrong turn to the site and had to redo the entry. The individuals who were the managers of the site who rolled their eyes at our error...seriously, I'm so tired of bullies, started to direct us and we made the mistake of letting them. Long story shorter we hit a pole that we would have avoided had it not been for the gentleman who was screaming at us.

Right this moment the fault is not the issue. We have a damaged rig and we're going to California for our daughter-in-law's baby shower. We've got two Golden Retrievers so we can't even leave the rig and fly out. I may be sending my husband and just sitting here with the GRs but I'd rather not.

We're not sure that we can get there with the damage and we're in Ohio. I've put a lot of duct, or duck or Gorilla tape on the area and it's not holding. It's bad. So I am hoping that someone from GD sees this and can direct us to some help.

Yup, I'm looking for a miracle. Yup, it's pretty far out of the realm of reality but there it is. Yup we were stupid and didn't use good judgment and that's the way it is....now we're just looking to fix it and move forward.

So if anyone out there has any sage advice that is constructive and helpful, I'm all for it.

And if a GD rep is reading this maybe you can get us to Indiana and get us a few new panels and send us on our way.

Thanks,

Sue
    Sorry to hear about your situation. I can't help with repairs but if boarding the GRs is an option so you can get to your destination, maybe someone can give a hand. We travel with 2 GRs also and have found great comradery among GR owners. For that matter, all dog lovers have a common understanding. Post where you are, maybe someone can jump in to help. Blessings and best wishes, Frank.
    Frank & Jolynn Martin
    Litchfield, MN
    Mabel & Bailey, Golden Retriever Fur Kids
    2019 RAM 3500 CTD, CC, LB, B&W Turnover Ball, AirLift 5000 Bags
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 4440# CCC, Reese 20K GooseBox, 8K EOH Disc brakes, RV Airflow, SoftStartRV, 2-206AH SOK batteries, Victron Multiplus II, Victron 30A DC2DC,790W of Solar, Flex Armor Roof, Blu Tech Water Filtration, BlazeCut Fire Suppression

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In addition to pictures and/or description of where the impact was, sharing you general whereabouts would help perhaps steer you to some rapid help. Without a doubt, that is not going to be the Factory Service Center right now as they're beyond capacity and booked out.

If you are anywhere in PA, I can direct you to an independent body shop that's specialized in RV work for decades that will shoot straight with you.
    Last edited by geotex1; 09-27-2021 at 07:12 PM.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Being in Ohio you may not be that far from GD headquarters. Give them a call as this is an emergency. GD does have service trucks on the road maybe one's close enough to be able to give you a hand. At this point a call to GD is your best option. They also kno who the independent guys are.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As others have said, your best course of action would be to call GD but it’s not going to help you get to the baby shower. Any repair, unless it’s very minor, will take months. Dealers are seriously backed up and parts may be hard to come by. If it was me, I’d board the dogs and fly or abort the trip.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    With absolutely no way to judge the amount, or scale of damage, it's impossible for anyone to offer any kind of meaningful advice. And where you are would help someone familiar with the area direct you to a mobile RV service, or know of a good service site nearby. With no details, it's impossible to know. Sounds like a no fun situation to be in.

Hi
    Thanks for your kind response and for responding at all. I realize I was venting and sorry for that. We made such a stupid mistake. I need to get over it and do something.

What did happen is that the side panel at the about the level of the wheel is dented in and scratched along the way to the rear at which point the lower part of the rear panel is detached from the side of the RV. Ugh.

Maybe a mobile service will not do anything for bodywork however maybe they have a better fix than Gorilla Tape. :-)

Our biggest concern is that more damage will occur once we begin to move it, however we have another son who is in Chicago, birthday tomorrow, we're going to see. That being said we're also not that far from Indiana and Grand Design and wondered if they had a quick fix. Trouble is they seem so busy that we can't get through. It's like everything else, people and parts are hard to come by these days.

Thanks again,

Sue
    2020 Solitude 380 FL-R

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    In addition to pictures and/or description of where the impact was, sharing you general whereabouts would help perhaps steer you to some rapid help. Without a doubt, that is not going to be the Factory Service Center right now as they're beyond capacity and booked out.

If you are anywhere in PA, I can direct you to an independent body shop that's specialized in RV work for decades that will shoot straight with you.
    Thank you so much for your response. We just went through PA and are in Ohio heading to Cali via Chicago where our son is. Ugh, it's his birthday tomorrow and we were hoping to spend it with him. It realy seems like a cluster. But....I appreciate the advice and I will reach out if that is the only possibility.

We may start to take it on the road and see if it doesn't fall apart. I mean how much worse can things get?

Thanks again,

Sue
    2020 Solitude 380 FL-R

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast