User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Overnight stops

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=rossepeo;396428]Unless you HAVE to run AC, I can't imagine needing anything beyond battery power for an overnight stop.

CPAP machine is needed by many.
    Bill & Colleen ~ Schwenksville, Pa
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2006 GMC Sierra 3500 8.1L V-8
    Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=IBEW Sparky;396470]
    Quote Originally Posted by rossepeo View Post
    Unless you HAVE to run AC, I can't imagine needing anything beyond battery power for an overnight stop.

CPAP machine is needed by many.
    I’ve found that a good quality battery with at least 100 ah can handle a cpap machine overnight. I use a a 12v power cord on my cpap and I put a 12v outlet in the wall by my side of the bed, which is powered off the battery.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5469C0E2-9720-4D3F-BC4D-31A5BF4B8D73.jpeg 
Views:	14 
Size:	377.3 KB 
ID:	37001
    Paul and Sue
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, GooseBox hitch
    2019 Ram 3500 Cummins CC SB

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I carry a Predator 3500 inverter Gen. It's locked to the hitch which is locked to the truck bed. The power cord is plenty long to reach to rig from the truck bed. I don't run a Gen in a Walmart parking lot and I don't push out slides in a Walmart parking lot either. We are members of Harvest Host and to date they have not let us down. Everywhere we've stayed have been accommodating with slides and a generator. Side note; I installed SoftStarts on my ACs so my 3500W generator will have no problem running them if needed. I've run one AC, the residential refrigerator all night, and coffee pot in the morning on one tank of fuel. I though that was pretty cool!
    Tom & Misty - Dover, FL
    Gracie, the Black Lab 🐶
    2020 Solitude 344 GK-R
    2018 Dodge Ram 3500 4X4 6.7L Cummins CC/LB/DRW

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Malco1 View Post
    The image comes in upside down, no matter which way it is in my computer. I can't figure out how to fix it
    If you do any minor edit and save the photo it should come out properly orientated.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 970617A6-30BB-4CCC-889B-C74A4E9324EF.jpeg  
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My 303rls has 2 group 27 AGM battery’s nothing special and a Victron monitor. We have 10 gallons max of water in our freshwater tank. Although we carry a 100 watt portable solar panel and a 2500 watt dual fuel generator, most of our overnight stops use only 30 amp hours at most from our batteries. If staying two nights we set our solar panel out and batteries get fully charged in 3 hours, rarely do we use the generator. But most quick overnight stops require only use of minimal lights, hot water heater, water pump, fridge. The oven and stove work on propane. We run a 12 volt fan in the bedroom if warm outside.

Most of our overnight stops are at Harvest Hosts.
    Vivian
    2018 Reflection 303rls
    2018 Ford F-350 SRW Diesel

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=Silverbeard;396471]
    Quote Originally Posted by IBEW Sparky View Post
    I’ve found that a good quality battery with at least 100 ah can handle a cpap machine overnight. I use a a 12v power cord on my cpap and I put a 12v outlet in the wall by my side of the bed, which is powered off the battery.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5469C0E2-9720-4D3F-BC4D-31A5BF4B8D73.jpeg 
Views:	14 
Size:	377.3 KB 
ID:	37001
    Does a cpap use THAT much in a night?
    Msgt Ray (Ret) and Margie Parker
    2022 GD 303RLS w/Gen-Y gooseneck
    2020 Ram 2500 HD Cummins 6.7/3.73 gears

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Overnighting

I overnight quite frequently, my slide blocks all bit the bathroom and the master bedroom. I try to park overnight at a truck stop or rest area. The truck stop allows access to a full bathroom and shower the rest area just a bathroom. If I have to Walmart it I buy a gallon of water to wash my face brush teeth and flush. I also have a usb powered fan for when it is hot so I don’t need a genie. Only time I could see you would need it is if it is very cold to run the heat. Anywhere but at a Walmart/Cracker Barrel your genie will blend in with idling trucks. Securing it is up to you I would suggest a motorcycle cable/lock. Keep in mind it will ultimately just keep honest people honest. If they want it they will get it.
    Phillip
    2021 F250 King Ranch 6.7L PS SRW SB CC 4x4 Tremor, 35k inverter, 60gal S&B tank.
    2019 312 BHTS, MORyde CRE300, five leaf 6k leafsprings , MORyde heavy duty shackles.
    Non Destructive Examiner- Oilfield Trash

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=Rgpracer;396477]
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverbeard View Post

Does a cpap use THAT much in a night?
    CPAPs can use a fair amount of power if you have the humidifier enabled. For me, without the humidifier and using a 12-volt adapter, a good night's sleep barely touches the battery.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have not done this as of yet since we've not done any long trips. I'm sure it is inevitable. With our configuration we cannot access the fridge/stove/ kitchen sink without extending the passenger side slide but we also cannot enter the rig without lowering the steps on the passenger side and the slide out is no longer than the steps. Ideally I would get to park along an island on that side but either way we will extend out about 2'.
    Imagine 2020 2670MK,
    2021 RAM 2500

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 230rl, most don’t like you using a gen, even if it meets the quiet threshold like mine, but Walmart didn’t mind about the slide where I went as long as it did not influence traffic as we parked out with the slide going over a tree covered medium……but not all will do the….I’ve seen cabelas and sportsmans warehouse let people use the slides but not during normal business hours….that’s why we are considering to switch to a 280 or 295 next, keep the wieght down

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast