User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tire link and Cooper H tires on new Solitude

Hey folks,

Does anyone know what settings I should use to configure the Lippert Tire Link for the Cooper H rated tires on solitudes?

I’m talking about:
    Minimum tire pressure
    Maximum tire pressure
    Minimum tire temperature
    Maximum tire temperature

I can’t seem to find these numbers when I search this site or the interweb.

Thank
    Jesse & Anita
    2021 Solitude S-Class 2930RL-R
    2020 Chevy Silverado 3500 long bed SRW, Duramax Diesel. B&W Companion hitch on B&W turnover goose ball

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good question! We set up the Lippert Tire link too, and have no idea what the tire pressures are supposed to be. We just know what they are right now in Florida.
    2019 Ford F350 Diesel Dually
    2021 Grand Design Solitude 310GKR
    1 Chocolate Lab, 1 Puggle
    We're like kids, but with credit cards and truck keys!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lcallander View Post
    Good question! We set up the Lippert Tire link too, and have no idea what the tire pressures are supposed to be. We just know what they are right now in Florida.
    I believe the manufacturer shows tire pressure for the 17.5 H-rated tires at 125 lbs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Al & Cyndi
    2022 Solitude 380FL-R
    2019 GMC Denali 3500 Duramax crew cab

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyndi6767 View Post
    I believe the manufacturer shows tire pressure for the 17.5 H-rated tires at 125 lbs

Al & Cyndi
    2022 Solitude 380FL-R
    2019 GMC Denali 3500 Duramax crew cab
    You’re correct about the cold tire pressure. Actually I’m looking for the minimum and maximum pressure and temperatures. The Lippert Tire Link will sound an alarm if the tires get too hot or cold, or the pressure is too low or high. But nowhere does it say what those pressures and temperatures are. But you are supposed to enter them into the app when you setup the tire link. It seems like a big miss to not publish those numbers.
    Jesse & Anita
    2021 Solitude S-Class 2930RL-R
    2020 Chevy Silverado 3500 long bed SRW, Duramax Diesel. B&W Companion hitch on B&W turnover goose ball

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have e rated 80 psi tires. I have the minimum set to 75 because if the pressure is dropping I want to know asap. I set the high limit to 92 psi, because the pressure will build as temp increases with travel time and about 88psi appears to be the norm.
    The temp means nothing in my opinion. The sensor is on the end of the stem and will never see the actual tire temp. Mine has never read over 26* celsius. Which, being barely over room temperature means the sensors never see the actual tire temp.
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My system recommends 20% higher for high alarm and 10% lower for the low alarm.
    Example: 100 psi tire, high would be 120 psi and 90 psi for low
    2021 Reflection 340RDS
    2022 Ram 3500 Big Horn/CCSB//4X4/SRW/HEMI/4:10
    2019 Imagine 2250RK~Sold

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That’s the % I’ve read on psi. What about Temperature settings?
    Also, I’ve read a cold tire pressure setting is when the tire hasn’t moved overnight or has been stationary for at least 2-3 hours. The issue, concern, question is - what is that temperature?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodney Adkins View Post
    That’s the % I’ve read on psi. What about Temperature settings?
    Also, I’ve read a cold tire pressure setting is when the tire hasn’t moved overnight or has been stationary for at least 2-3 hours. The issue, concern, question is - what is that temperature?
    The cold temperature is supposed to be 70 degrees Fahrenheit. I have no idea what the maximum temperature is supposed to be.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The temps I see run 5 to 10 deg F above ambient. In November whilst driving from Michigan to Florida I got an alarm in Georgia. It was 28 in Michigan and 95 in Atlanta. I had to adjust the max temp up a bit. This is normal. I set the max temp to 10 or 15 degrees above the hottest ambient expected.

I must admit that the adjustment I made in Georgia is still in there even though I have returned to the cold of the north.

My experience is that these temp sensors are quite accurate and would most certainly alarm if a brake was dragging or a bearing failed. I suspect if a temp rise occurred due to low inflation, the pressure alarm would be the first and maybe only indicator, esp. on a cold day.

2021 Reflection 312 BHTS, Silverado 2500 Duramax

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Received the following from Cooper.

"The RV trailer should have a placard on it that states what the tires should be inflated to. The max / min pressure should be +/- 20% of that number. Cooper would recommend a max temperature of 180F. The inflation pressure should be set at the placard specified pressure. If there are large changes in ambient temperature, the inflation pressure should be reset to the target inflation pressure at the current morning ambient temperature.
    This came from our Radial Medium Truck department for you."
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast