User Tag List

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Corky2 View Post
    Thanks for the reply! Could you post again after you hear from Vision Works. Do you think it's possible that the problem might be specific to your system? I ask because most reviews don't mention this issue and it sounds like it's a problem that would be talked about in reviews.
    Speed definitely affects wireless systems so tractor speed vs RV speed is almost certainly the issue. If a camera is made for AG purposes, I expect it would not up to the task of a highway speed RV.
    We installed a Haloview RD7mini range dominator system. This has an aerial mounted forward on the roof of the RV. It gives us a high def picture that has never dropped out or frozen (yet anyway).
    We bought it mainly because we tow another trailer behind our trailer, but it is very nice to have for lane changes as well. Limited use backing into a site because I prefer to have a human back there looking for obstacles.
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
    Speed definitely affects wireless systems so tractor speed vs RV speed is almost certainly the issue. If a camera is made for AG purposes, I expect it would not up to the task of a highway speed RV.
    We installed a Haloview RD7mini range dominator system. This has an aerial mounted forward on the roof of the RV. It gives us a high def picture that has never dropped out or frozen (yet anyway).
    We bought it mainly because we tow another trailer behind our trailer, but it is very nice to have for lane changes as well. Limited use backing into a site because I prefer to have a human back there looking for obstacles.
    It does seem that a less obstructed signal path and a stronger signal is the solution to this problem. The location of the antennas (trailer and truck) is important. A signal booster would probably also help.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
    Same here. We run the smaller version (RD5). The forward mount aerial is the key. We also run the voltage booster. Zero issues so far.
    Robert and Chris
    2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2024 2500HD Silverado 6.6L gas
    Blue Ox Sway Pro

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 22RBE as well w the Furrion rear and 2 side cameras and they work great. We pull w an F250 and trailer connected w the 7 pin power plug - We do have to turn on the truck parking lights for camera to work while in gear. I mount the display screen onto the truck rear view mirror with two large rubber bands. Just finished a 10,000 mile trip over 12 weeks - camera(s) worked like charm - all systems on 22rbe too!

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I felt I needed help pulling back into the right lane when overtaking. Tried Tadi brothers, had signal loss problems. Tadi did refund my money, so good customer service went with cheap Amazon, Leekooluu system, works flawlessly. They even give a free gift with purchase. No strings attached. Selected a rear licence plate camera. Worked upon powering up, have never had to re-pair, 7 inch split able screen clear, good image. Purely satisfied with this inexpensive product.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a complete Fusion 7 system with side cameras. While I agree that it may be over-priced, I waited until I found a great end-of-season sale and found some really decent pricing. I am a single guy, so I am traveling alone most of the time. The Fusion system has proven invaluable for me while driving in traffic, as well as when backing into a space. Yes, I first get out and thoroughly examine my surroundings. Once done, the cameras greatly help me to safely maneuver my 40-foot beast into place.
    2018 Solitude 375RES
    2007 Ram 3500 6.7L Diesel Long-bed

Seasoned Camper more tired since retired's Avatar
    southern Georgia, where gnats rule the world
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Corky2 View Post
    Thanks for the reply! Could you post again after you hear from Vision Works. Do you think it's possible that the problem might be specific to your system? I ask because most reviews don't mention this issue and it sounds like it's a problem that would be talked about in reviews.
    OK, here is my experience with Vision Works customer service.

I explained my issues and they were great. I received a new mount (original furrion adapter was tight against the LED marker light) and an extended lead antenna (which places the antenna forward of the AC. The new antenna position has taken care of the freeze issue (freeze might last 3 seconds at 65mph). We had used a Furrion 7 and had the same issue, and Furrion had no answer for us. We were on an extended trip out west when contacted and they sent the new mount and extended lead antenna to a friend's address where we were visiting. That was around July 4th and it arrived in time to install before we headed back east.

We kept Cody (Customer Service) in the loop and he has been great. I've made a few suggestions for improvement (smaller antenna for monitor). The company wants to support their customers and honestly have one of the best customer oriented companies I have dealt with. I had to call Furrion 5 times to be told they had no answer to my signal freezing.

I'm retired on a fixed income and don't feel their equipment is overly expensive. It comes with an adapter to plug into the Furrion prewiring and a cable for hardwiring. Our kit had two camera mounts, one for Furrion and a Universal mount. The monitor comes with a lighter adapter and a hardwire to permanently wire for the monitor. The monitor is much brighter (great when the sun is hitting it) and the 7" monitor has a sun shade built in. Pairing is easy and does not require power all the time to stay paired. And the monitor comes with a mounting bracket, suction mount for the windshield and a cup holder mount. They also make a 9" monitor which doesn't come with the cup holder mount.
    2020 F-250 XLT SuperCrew 7.3L Blue Ox SwayPro, 2020 Imagine 2600RB,
    1600W Solar w/525AH LiFePO4, Victron 3000W, Road Armor w/wet bolt suspension, VisionWork Camera System, Peplink MAX BR1 Pro 5G Mobile Router,MicroAir EasyStart
    Amateur Radio Call N9XGZ FMCA#489460 Escapees SKP#166379

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went with the Haloview RD7 System because of the all the problems I had heard using rear cameras without a remote repeater. I purchased the 4 camera system (rear, 2 side, and 1 in the truck bed for hitching). Because of my trailer layout (rear cabinentry from ceiling to floor), I was able to run the repeater line down and under the trailer and install the repeater in the front bay. I never liked the idea of running a cable across the roof and mounting the repeater on the roof. Even with my 37 ft trailer, I never have lost signal in any of the cameras while driving. So I like the system. I travel with electric bikes in a rack on the back, so I really like being able to watch them while traveling. And the side cameras do help with lane changes. Overall, while you don't need a camera system, it does provide piece of mind if you have the $. So I would do it again (and I had cameras on my last TT also, but those were wired cameras).
    Greg and Colleen Gates
    Albuquerque, NM
    2020 Solitude 344 GK
    2019 F350 Lariat Superduty DRW

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by more tired since retired View Post
    OK, here is my experience with Vision Works customer service.

I explained my issues and they were great. I received a new mount (original furrion adapter was tight against the LED marker light) and an extended lead antenna (which places the antenna forward of the AC. The new antenna position has taken care of the freeze issue (freeze might last 3 seconds at 65mph). We had used a Furrion 7 and had the same issue, and Furrion had no answer for us. We were on an extended trip out west when contacted and they sent the new mount and extended lead antenna to a friend's address where we were visiting. That was around July 4th and it arrived in time to install before we headed back east.

We kept Cody (Customer Service) in the loop and he has been great. I've made a few suggestions for improvement (smaller antenna for monitor). The company wants to support their customers and honestly have one of the best customer oriented companies I have dealt with. I had to call Furrion 5 times to be told they had no answer to my signal freezing.

I'm retired on a fixed income and don't feel their equipment is overly expensive. It comes with an adapter to plug into the Furrion prewiring and a cable for hardwiring. Our kit had two camera mounts, one for Furrion and a Universal mount. The monitor comes with a lighter adapter and a hardwire to permanently wire for the monitor. The monitor is much brighter (great when the sun is hitting it) and the 7" monitor has a sun shade built in. Pairing is easy and does not require power all the time to stay paired. And the monitor comes with a mounting bracket, suction mount for the windshield and a cup holder mount. They also make a 9" monitor which doesn't come with the cup holder mount.
    Thanks for the post. It's good to hear about the good customer service you received. Seems like good customer service was a thing of the past.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DC22RBE View Post
    We have a 22RBE as well w the Furrion rear and 2 side cameras and they work great. We pull w an F250 and trailer connected w the 7 pin power plug - We do have to turn on the truck parking lights for camera to work while in gear. I mount the display screen onto the truck rear view mirror with two large rubber bands. Just finished a 10,000 mile trip over 12 weeks - camera(s) worked like charm - all systems on 22rbe too!
    Thanks for the reply! Good to hear no problems (camera and 22RBE) on a 10K mile trip. I just picked up my 22RBE yesterday.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast