User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2022 150 Series 278BH GFCI Outlets Dead

Hey everyone-

Randomly during the day, a string of GFCI protected outlets went dead on me. The GFCI reset outlet in the bathroom is good. I reset it and tested twice. Multimeter tested good as well. I currently have a total of 6 outlets throughout 1 side of my RV that are dead. (Living area, kitchen, bunk bed area).

Question: Is there another GFCI reset outlet somewhere that I'm not aware of? If not, I'm certain I have a dead outlet in circuit that's affecting the rest of my outlets, but I don't know which outlet. Any ideas? Anyone have a schematic?

TYIA

Colton

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    There may be a second outlet in the pass through. However have you pulled the bath GFIC out and tested that it is passing power through. The GFIC can test good, but still not pass power. There is a possibility its just bad. Has happened before

Also have you checked the outlets down stream. My guess is the kitchen one is the next in line.

The other thing you can do is call GD Customer Service (have your VIN handy) and they can look your trailer up and possibly tell you if there is another GFIC somewhere.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks @powerscol. I've sent correspondence to GD and am awaiting follow up. In the meantime, I'll pull outlet in the bathroom and check for power behind the outlet.

Thanks!
    Colton

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes there is another GFCI in the pass through on the wall next to the Nautilus.
    Safe Travels,
    Bruce.
    2022 278BH 5th Wheel
    Tow Vehicle- 2023 F350 CCLB DRW, 7.3 gas, 4;30 gears

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I appreciate the comments guys! I was finally able to track my issue to a specific outlet. The outlet is an IDC type and a wire had been shorting out, causing intermittent connectivity and ultimately impacted other outlets in the daisy-chain. I ended up snipping off about 1/4" on each wire lead and resetting them in their IDC connection. This was a pain as there's not much excess length to cut and reset the wiring. So far, so good. Connection seems to be consistent and my other outlets are all receiving power.

Thanks,
    Colton

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Good to hear you found it. Did you happen to get a picture of the problem outlet. Would help others.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unfortunately, I did not take any photos of the IDC outlet. I've attached a picture that represents the same outlet type though. I would advise anyone having issues with intermittent or lost of outlet connectivity in a GFCI daisy-chain to test out their outlets with a multimeter.